No one wants to start a band!

PDA

View Full Version : No one wants to start a band!

MetallicaMan1
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
I've been looking to find a band for about six months now and still I have have found no one. There is a drummer at my school whowants to start a band with me, I've already been in a band with him and he's a jackass. There is also two guitarists that want to start a band with me but I dont want another guitarist because for some reason with two guitarists its sound bad. I've been searching for a vocalist, drummer, and bassist but I just cant find anyone! How do you guys find your band members?

SilentGhost
03-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Go anywhere with a lot of musicians. Guitar Center, Sam Ash, message boards, etc, etc. Just play your guitar there, talk to some people, check out the ads, and hopefully you'll run into some people with the same music interest as you.

sk8rMeTaLhEaD27
03-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I've been looking to find a band for four years.

creativlogic
03-05-2008, 10:29 PM
I know how you feel MetalicaMan1...

chinese_jazz
03-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Flyers in your band hall/music teacher's studio/guitar store, some word of mouth; your teacher might know some musicians who want to start a band. Go to some good music venues and talk to the people there.

If you're a bit older, look online, maybe.

Spazz128735
03-05-2008, 10:32 PM
so what you're saying is, people want to start bands, you just don't want to start bands with people. just checking.

OThugSd
03-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Dude, first of all PEOPLE WANT TO BE IN BANDS WITH YOU BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO???

Secondly, I've been there. After a while I was just like "f this" and started my own solo project. It really is the way to go if you can't find other people. If you can sing/drum/program it could actually be fun.

Luckily I'm in a band now, but it took forever to find people who were committed and were good at their instruments. Oh, and we rock.

creativlogic
03-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Dude, first of all PEOPLE WANT TO BE IN BANDS WITH YOU BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO???

Secondly, I've been there. After a while I was just like "f this" and started my own solo project. It really is the way to go if you can't find other people. If you can sing/drum/program it could actually be fun.

Luckily I'm in a band now, but it took forever to find people who were committed and were good at their instruments. Oh, and we rock.

I'm trying that now... I just can't sing at all. I actually tried to record some for my cover "Holy Diver" and just as I thought.... I can't sing...

Dezerado
03-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Buy an Acoustic and get an emo hair cut :) you'll be ok

DanielQ
03-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Huh. I have no trouble finding people wanting to start a band. There are many many people interested. Network. Check boards at guitar center. As fellow musicians. Network on facebook.