Pretty Big issue, need help

PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Big issue, need help

valennic
03-06-2008, 11:16 AM
My band jsut got together about two months ago, and our singer hasnt shown up to even ONE of our practices. Should we ditch her and have me(lead) or the bassist do lead vocals? Because she hasn't shown to one practice, and we need to start writing stuff. Help, please.

MOLAAAK
03-06-2008, 11:23 AM
do it **** her
i hate singers for that reason
they think they dont have to show up but then in 5 years when your album goes platinum they are the first to take credit for it all

FuzzyBear
03-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Sorry Dude, If You Havnt Practiced Once Then You Dont Have A Band

If You Or The Bassplayer Can Actually Sing Then Id Say Go For It

metallica144
03-06-2008, 11:25 AM
if i were you , i would have dumped that singer already! and i think that a singing guitarist looks better than a singing bassguitar player xD but of course you must choose the best singer:P

valennic
03-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Sorry Dude, If You Havnt Practiced Once Then You Dont Have A Band

If You Or The Bassplayer Can Actually Sing Then Id Say Go For It

We have practiced. Without a singer. :(

if i were you , i would have dumped that singer already! and i think that a singing guitarist looks better than a singing bassguitar player xD but of course you must choose the best singer:P

I know, but ive noticed that singers that don't have to play an instrument while they sing are normally better live. That, and we have to scream and play.

bpauers
03-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah, singing/screaming is definitely harder when you have to play an instrument also...but it can be done, just takes lots of practice.

chillbeast
03-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I'd definitely get rid of her... try to find another singer, until then pick whoever is better out of you two to sing, or just take turns.

Obviously if she hasn't been to any practices in two months she is not gonna be the most dedicated member...you need someone dedicated if you plan to accomplish anything. She may have a valid excuse though... Have you guys talked to her about why she isn't showing up??

valennic
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I'd definitely get rid of her... try to find another singer, until then pick whoever is better out of you two to sing, or just take turns.

Obviously if she hasn't been to any practices in two months she is not gonna be the most dedicated member...you need someone dedicated if you plan to accomplish anything. She may have a valid excuse though... Have you guys talked to her about why she isn't showing up??

She has the same excuse every week. "Im having family problems right now"
My drummer recently talked to her, and she wouldn't tell him anything.

MrWannabe
03-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Definitely get rid of the singer. Whether her situations are her fault or not, they will obviously continue. What happens if you get a gig and she has an issue.

Sounds like you and the bass player are both able to sing. There's a good possibility that your voice is better for certain songs and the bass player's voice is better for other songs. Look at KISS - nothing wrong with having multiple singers. It gives gives you a bunch of options...

chillbeast
03-06-2008, 01:00 PM
She has the same excuse every week. "Im having family problems right now"
My drummer recently talked to her, and she wouldn't tell him anything.

Yea I'd get rid of her and let her know that maybe if she gets her family issues worked out and she can actually make it to every practice she might have a chance to come back later

valennic
03-06-2008, 08:14 PM
all right, thanks

:cheers:

Potato_Souffle
03-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Out of curiosity, how old are all of you (well, general age of the band, and age of the (former?) singer)? I'm mainly curious in the "does she have her own transportation, or does she rely on her family?" way.

Anyway, I know you've already made your decision, but please be sure to be kind about how you tell her. If she really is having family problems, this is likely a rough time for her. (I would assume the best way would be along the lines of "Hey, we need to move forward with our band, and we would really like you to be there with us, but if you need to deal with other things right now, that's more important for you than this, and that's okay. We just need to have a for sure lineup before we start writing things, you know? But things get better, and you can show up for practices, tell us, and we'll bring you back in.")

valennic
03-07-2008, 12:00 AM
yeah, im horrible at this kind of stuff, ^ that will help. Thanks.