Montreal Scene

PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Scene

RentACar
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know of any? I'm trying to get my band into the scene, and away from the Hardcore/metal scene which is bigger. This will probably get us shows much easier.
http://www.myspace.com/peroxydemusic That's us. Thanks.

crustyreed
03-06-2008, 10:58 PM
uhm why would you guys play hardcore punk shows?

RentACar
03-06-2008, 11:05 PM
because it's the easiest to get shows, and we've played with really big local and national bands, but We finally realised that thais doesn't do anything since all the HXC kids don't want to listen to our music.

opivy21
03-06-2008, 11:34 PM
All I know is that I have a comp called The Sympathetic Sounds of Montreal and that there are so many good garage bands on it.

dannay
03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
i saw that you already play quite a bit at cafe l'inco...and it's probably the worst venue in the city haha.

im going to suggest that you contact bands like The Buttmuffins, Les Grands Nichons and others and you try to land some gigs at places like Club Lambi and The Black Dot (previously known as Le Locale). They're tiny places but you'll get some recognition.

EDIT: Yo you know Set To Kill? one of my best friends is their guitarist. small world man.

RentACar
03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
^ We played with the Buttmuffins drummer's other band, and we played with Les Grands Nichons. We... uhh... We don't like their guitarist very much.

crustyreed
03-08-2008, 04:39 PM
^ We... uhh... We don't like their guitarist very much.

Go on, the internet was made for talking ****.

;)

dannay
03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
^ We played with the Buttmuffins drummer's other band, and we played with Les Grands Nichons. We... uhh... We don't like their guitarist very much.
yeah, the only cool person in LGN is Cleyow. fun concerts though.