Member Problems...

PDA

View Full Version : Member Problems...

shortyafter
03-07-2008, 12:54 AM
Sorry, couldn't really think of a great title for this. My band has a keyboard player but he doesn't really know how to play keyboard. I show him all the parts and he memorizes them. The problem is, he forgets them all the time. Any suggestions?

ZachisSuperCool
03-07-2008, 01:02 AM
It seems like you already know what needs to be done. I suggest getting rd of the keyboardist immediately. I think you should sit down aand have a talk with the bassist. If he doesn't understand or wants to change your style he needs to go too. A band sounds best when everyone knows their roll and fills it. However, if you jut have it to have fun and jam together, which it doesn't sound like, you might not want to hurt friendships over it.

freshtunes
03-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Why would you hire a keyboard player with no experience? You are better off triggering MIDI loops with a pedal controller. Tell the bassist to turn down his amp, problem solved.

theshroomman
03-07-2008, 01:03 AM
member problems...

cant get it up? XD

but srsly, just let him know to leave the super elaborate riffs to the guitar, its not what you want. but, nothing wrong with good bass lines, but leave them at that. bass lines, not a bass solo.
yep :)

shortyafter
03-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks guys. You're right, I sort of do know what needs to be done, I just wanted to see what other people thought to make sure I wasn't being unfair or anything.

Why would you hire a keyboard player with no experience? You are better off triggering MIDI loops with a pedal controller. Tell the bassist to turn down his amp, problem solved.
Haha, not hired, he's just a friend we let into the band when we weren't very smart/good. It was a dumb idea, I know. :(

Colohue
03-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Read over your first post as if it was somebody else.

What would you say?