Punk4Pink

PDA

View Full Version : Punk4Pink

original=punk
03-07-2008, 08:36 AM
An organization in Ontario that puts on shows to raises awareness for breat cancer.

http://www.myspace.com/punk4pink

Great idea, but their definition of "punk" is sort of strange considering what the bands sound like on their myspace.

" “PUNKS” are the youth within our communities that don’t subscribe to more contemporary popular markets, the “underground” of popular culture or the “anti-thesis” of pop culture. "

The first song I've heard is by a band that wears plugs, their singer sings through his nose so much I wanna puke, I has a bad piano intro, and their influences include "Underoath"

This bastardization of the word "punk" to refer to a subculture is getting maddeningly scary.

I know we have these threads every week. But this is just crazy. It's not like calling green day punk.

lavazza
03-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Nice idea, but they should call themselves Pop punk 4 pink

axeslash
03-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Pop punk 4 pink sounds like a song the Queers would sing, and we all know what the pink would refer to...

original=punk
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Pop punk 4 pink sounds like a song the Queers would sing, and we all know what the pink would refer to...

Vaginas?

Chaise Boogie
03-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Vaginas?

Oh man, I love those things.

StreetLight3989
03-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah, punk has become super marketable now. For some reason people think being punk is being cool. It's a buzzword, just like all the other genres being marketed falsely today.

SuperBlob
03-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, punk has become super marketable now. For some reason people think being punk is being cool. It's a buzzword, just like all the other genres being marketed falsely today.
I wish they used mettle or classic rawk or something, just to piss them off :p:

lavazza
03-08-2008, 08:00 AM

d´oh....if it´s a fashion in the USA this year......next year it will be like this in Europe......wait.....then we´ll get lots of concerts with lots of Groupies

gopherthegreat
03-09-2008, 07:32 PM
i liked zero of those bands. its a great cause, though.