Bluesy(or Jazzy =P) Introductions

PDA

View Full Version : Bluesy(or Jazzy =P) Introductions

Firebread
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
So I thought why not make an intro thread, cause people tend to migrate over here from the pit, or so I've noticed. Just thought this might be a nice thread to have. So I guess I'll start with myself eh?

I'm coming out of the pit, hopefully be spending my time here and stay away from everyone trying to get "epic lulz" =P. I'm a big blues and blues rock fan, and I recently am trying some more blues rock (Could only really play blues before. =P) and I guess I'm looking forward to getting more acquainted with you guys. It's definitely a more....friendly atmosphere then the pit.

-Fbread

gopherthegreat
03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
my name is gopherthegreat, and i am an alchoholic

i also came here from the pit, because blues (especially prewar blues) is one of my favorite genres.

ze monsta
03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I migrated from the pit coz I love the blues. Especially the Delta blues, Piedmont blues and chicago blues.
I like to help. :)

I play slide guitar, with a knife and a slide. Meh.

imgooley
03-10-2008, 05:31 PM
My Name is imgooley (goolz is easier) and I am an alcoholic

I started out here because I bleed the blues. I prefer the most gritty and dirty gut bucket type stuff. Oh and I don't live in the pit and never have.

Firebread
03-10-2008, 05:39 PM
My Name is imgooley (goolz is easier) and I am an alcoholic

I started out here because I bleed the blues. I prefer the most gritty and dirty gut bucket type stuff. Oh and I don't live in the pit and never have.

Eugh.....guh....does....guh.....not, make.....sense! *explodes*

imgooley
03-10-2008, 06:48 PM
^lol wut?

theneildeal
03-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey, i'm Neil.

http://i25.tinypic.com/k33dde.jpg

I love blues and jazz. I migrated from the pit because i got bored of the "ive got cancer - but that's based on nothing in particular" threads, and was amazed to see that there are some jazz fans on UG. I know lots about jazz, so if you have a questions, or just want a chat, im your guy! I'm pretty knowledgeable about blues, so i can hold my own in a discussion!

I'm a regular here, so you'll learn to love me eventually!

See you around

Neil

TheDev01dOne
03-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh man I love these threads where you can freely promote yourself without looking like an ass!

I am Tim, I like blues and Telecaters. I DIDN'T migrate from the pit, only even been in there about 5 times. I'd rather talk about blues/guitars/gear than actually play most of the time, but I try my best to play a little and learn ****. Mainly playing acoustic since I've just recently delved into that realm, been playing electric guitar for over 10 years though.

Anyone who wants to talk to me may feel free to add me on MSN because I'm always bored as **** and don't have any cool friends to talk about blues with! My email is on my profile!

GD_GC
03-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey I'm Eric, but most just call me GD around here. I love all kinds of blues, and play a mostly electric, Texas blues style. I've been a big blues fan for about 3 years now, and I'm not looking back.

Well I did not migrate from the Pit, until I found the Blues/Jazz subforum, I was a floater, I just looked at the New Posts thing :haha

But I visit the pit occassionally to read and laugh, I never post in there.

Around here I run the blues duels and stuff, once this one is done I'm thinking about doing another so just message me if you're interested.

Hmm what else? I play a Classic Player's 50's Strat (soon to have new pickups :liplick: ) and some of my favorite artists are Albert Collins, SRV, Clapton, John Mayer, Los Lonely Boys, John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green, and most all blues stuff like that. If you want to talk to me sometime, hit me up on AIM at Teleblues41.

:cheers:

Carswell98
03-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi,

My name is Braedon(stupid name:mad: ), or Carswell98, or canadian guy, or whatever

me:
http://my.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/3/7/5/5/375547/pics/default_1

I actually migrated here from the classic rock forum, and only recently became a pitmonkey :sad:

I now frequent a few different forums, and started the only thread on this website dedicated to folk music, woo!

I am a guitar noob, and I really work hard on getting better everyday, because I love music, and always have, and making it is a thousand times more fun and rewarding

hmm, my biggest influences are Freddie King and Rory Gallagher, though my guitar hero is and always has been Page

my favorite author is Douglas Adams

and My role model is Stephen Fry

oh and I am NOT and alcoholic

and you can add me to shoot the shit, at bdaedon@hotmail.com if you should care to

Jimmy94
03-11-2008, 12:55 AM
My name's Jim and I am an alcoholic

I can run real fast with my new shoes
Sometimes I talk real fast! LOL!
My favorite tv show is a tie between hannah montana and project runway
I think of pretty ponies while I play the blues, it's my inspiration

xXx **LOL** I guess that's all you really need to know about me **LOL** xXx

Carswell98
03-11-2008, 01:10 AM
My name's Jim and I am an alcoholic

I can run real fast with my new shoes
Sometimes I talk real fast! LOL!
My favorite tv show is a tie between hannah montana and project runway
I think of pretty ponies while I play the blues, it's my inspiration

xXx **LOL** I guess that's all you really need to know about me **LOL** xXx

:haha

you actually are an alcoholic aren't you?

imgooley
03-11-2008, 01:47 AM
^idk that sounded like drunken blabbering to me (i mean that in the most endearing way possible

MrBlues
03-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Im Stefaan (- french name, though im not french so dont give any of that crap)

Love the Blues and quite a bit of Jazz and my friends think im weird becuase of it, but it makes me proud. Dont drink or smoke probably becuase im only in tenth grade. been playin guitar for 1yr and 8 months.

i hang out here mostly and in the muso talk forum.

Msn - stefaan_the_music_man@hotmail.com (how original)

GD_GC
03-11-2008, 06:29 AM
^hey I see you've got the Fender Blues Deluxe. How's that amp treating you? I've been having and always have had some problems with it being really muddy and nasty at higher volumes, do you get any of the same thing?

syk3d
03-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey all, I'm Sean. "I come from the land down under". I'm now in my final year of high school, and have been playing guitar for about 3 years now. I only really got into the Blues in the last year, listening to and enjoying Clapton, SRV, Buddy Guy, Albert King etc etc. I don't yet have an electric guitar, but I really want one (mum says I can't get one until after my final exams, because otherwise it will be a distraction). I do, however, own an acoustic that I jam on every day. I've never really learned a song other than those really easy three or four chord songs and Tears in Heaven. Usually my daily playing consists of technique building (chromatics and stuff) and jamming over songs.

One thing that annoys me is that nobody at my school that I know of shares the same appreciation for the blues. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if none of my friends have ever heard of Stevie Ray Vaughan. It's sad, and I don't enjoy not being able to discuss it with people, so that's why I came to the Blues forums. I haven't been here long, but I'm already feeling at home. I also frequent the Pit for a good laugh, and the GG&A forums (because all I can do is dream about my electric :))

chobe
03-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Orate, I'm chobe.

I've been playing about a year and 3 months - started quite late in life I suppose (i'm 23 now) but I've got the bug now and I spend a lot of my spare time playing and I love it. I have 3 acoustic guitars (1 cheap steel string, 1 good steel string and 1 fairly old and decent classical that belonged to my dad), not too bothered about electric right now.

I always liked BB King, Cream etc when I was younger but I started listening to a lot of delta when I was about 20, and that's why I started playing guitar. I listen to Robert Johnson, Bukka White, Blind Willie Johnson and all them lot mostly these days.

Peace.

sre9981
03-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi I'm Steve and I'm probably an alcoholic, but I prefer the term "drunkard"

I've been playing for about a year and a half now seriously. Playing guitar has inspired my musical tastes immensely, I had never even heard of the blues before I played guitar. I love playing me some blues and jazz but I'm also a big alternative fan, so that type of style has leaked into my playing. When I'm here, I typically frequent the GB&C, Blues/Jazz, and Alternative/Indie forums.

Ask me any given night who my influences are and I'll probably list whoever I'm listening to music wise. Right now, I'm on a kinda punk/blues kick with Neutral Milk Hotel, The Black Keys, The White Stripes, and other lo-fi bands.

tata

Skirvy
03-14-2008, 12:40 PM
sup brother.
I've recently migrated here from no where in particular just random threads.
I just love blues.

Iceman 420
03-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi, I'm Trung and I enjoy a nice glass of wine every now and then.

Started guitar a year ago my uncle's Ovation, but didn't get serious untily about half a year ago, started getting into the blues a month later. Currently just trying to listen to all the blues I can.

Never really a big fan of The Pit, mostly hung out in the Electric Guitar and G&A sub-forums and am damn pround of being a 14 year old that can actually spell out the word "are" on the interwebz.

Only person at my school who has any real interest in the blues, so it's just me and my lonesome self. Anyone wanna talk, MSN's DeeDeeDee420@msn.com, AIM's NinjaSohei.

Salut, friends.

crazynickman
03-14-2008, 07:14 PM
My name is Nick and I like to sneak a sip of mouthwash when people aren't looking.

Been playing about 4-5 years total (I started at 9 but gave up for a few years, so I count that first year). Blues/ Blues-rock is my big thing, but I'm never here much...odd. Blues like Clapton, some of the Southern stuff like The Allman Brothers, but also "old school" stuff like Elmore James and especially Howlin' Wolf. There's a whole load of people I'm missing...Captain Beefheart's early stuff that sounds more like blues than avant fart is good too (but so is the avant fart stuff :D )

Been attempting slide as well for a year or so; not much luck but I'm about 1/3 competent. Also play a teensy tiny bit of harmonica; nothing to write home about.

Dimebag22
03-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey Y'all, my name is Kris if you already don't know and I look like Bon Jovi :p:. (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Dimebag22/pictures/personal/183968/) . I'm probably one of the main posters here in the blues forum. I used to be in The Pit but recently came here and it got me away from The Pit, and I haven't posted there for a while now. (Yay!!)

Me:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/Gilmour_101/NewImage3.jpg
:cool:

I've played guitar for about 5 or 6 years and I got into the blues around 2 or 3 years ago thanks to my old guitar teacher (:heart:) I love the blues so much, my favourite genre of music to both listen to and play. Some of my main blues artists are Albert Collins, Albert King, BB King, Buddy Guy, Cream, Elmore James, Eric Clapton, Gary Moore, Howlin' Wolf, Jeff Healey, Jimi Hendrix, John Mayall, John Lee Hooker, Leadbelly, Muddy Waters, Robert Cray, Robert Johnson, Rory Buchanan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tab Benoit, T Bone Walker, and Walter Trout. Pretty much anything blues. You should feel lucky that I even alphabetized those for you ;)

Let me list all my gear for you:
Fender: American Stratocaster, Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe, ESP: LTD EC 1000 w/ Seymour Duncans, Ibanez: TS9 Tube Screamer, Vox: V847 Wah, Line 6: Uber Metal, Fender: CD-100/12 NAT, Simon & Patrick: Woodland CW Cedar GT A 3.2, Boss: SD-1, Boss: AC-2, Boss: GE-7, Boss: DD-3, Boss: CE-5, Boss: TU-2. Marshall: 1965A 4x10 Cabnet, Maxon: OD808

But my main gear is my American Stratocaster, Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall Cab, Maxon OD 808 and Tube Screamer.

Jimmy94
03-15-2008, 11:13 PM
^idk that sounded like drunken blabbering to me (i mean that in the most endearing way possible

I have absolutely no memory of ever writing that.

imgooley
03-16-2008, 01:31 AM
I have absolutely no memory of ever writing that.
It's alright, just get wasted again. Drunken recall always works every time.

imgooley
03-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Resurrected from the depths of obscurity///////!!!!111!!!

barefootboy
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi, I'm Willie and I hate wearing shoes and I'm a Dr.Pepperaholic. The trash can next to me is mounded with empty cans. I spent time in the south (Mississippi and Texas) as a youth. There I listened to Mississippi Fred Mc Dowell and T-bone Walker. Then came Clapton, Hendrix, and King (Albert). Peter Green, John Mayall, David Gilmor, and the Stones led me back to the roots. Son House, Howling Wolf, Muddy Water and others. Most recently I have been listening to John Hammond and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. I slithered thur "the pit" a couple of times but found no reason to stay. I wander thru here regularly. I spend part of my free time building hand wired tube amps with tone reminiscent of early fenders. (I made the one in my profile.)

imgooley
03-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi, I'm Willie and I hate wearing shoes and I'm a Dr.Pepperaholic. The trash can next to me is mounded with empty cans. I spent time in the south (Mississippi and Texas) as a youth. There I listened to Mississippi Fred Mc Dowell and T-bone Walker. Then came Clapton, Hendrix, and King (Albert). Peter Green, John Mayall, David Gilmor, and the Stones led me back to the roots. Son House, Howling Wolf, Muddy Water and others. Most recently I have been listening to John Hammond and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. I slithered thur "the pit" a couple of times but found no reason to stay. I wander thru here regularly. I spend part of my free time building hand wired tube amps with tone reminiscent of early fenders. (I made the one in my profile.)
Stick around.

guitarplaya322
03-27-2008, 08:52 PM
hi. i like blues and blues rock. i play guitar for 2 years. my favorite guitarist is Jimmy page and he's badass. i also like eric clapton, jimi hendrix, stevie ray vaughan, and duane allman. but jimmy page is my fav.

you can see my gear in the sig. its pretty good i think, but i have been told otherwise :(

imgooley
03-27-2008, 09:36 PM
So what have we learned?

That the majority of blues men are booze hounds, :cheers:

crazynickman
03-27-2008, 11:27 PM
So what have we learned?

That the majority of blues men are booze hounds, :cheers:
Elmore James was a booze KING. And apparently ol' Robbie Johnson too.

imgooley
03-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Don't forget Charley Patton

Beakwithteeth
03-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Hey I have seen this thread a lot but never ventured into it, it's cooler than I figured.

I am Amos, or call me my username it doesn't matter. I have never really had a drink but do not be afraid, for I am not one of those self-righteous types. I got pretty into blues a year or two ago, I like lots of different music, but nothing can beat a slow blues.

I am going to be in my schools jazz band next year so I am trying to learn some jazz theory and stuff.

My favorite players (blues-wise) are BB King, Rev. Gary Davis, SRV, Buddy Guy, and many more cliches.

I still post in the pit quite a bit, but I do feel remorse every time I do for this forum is the best.

imgooley
03-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Damn right this forum is the best.

And don't worry, there is a time in every mans life when the need for a stiff drink comes along.

Dimebag22
03-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Mostly because everyone knows each other and there's no hate. Plus it's very easy to keep track of, unless someone (not mentioning names *cough*goolz*cough*) Goes around bumping every damn thread :p:

imgooley
03-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Mostly because everyone knows each other and there's no hate. Plus it's very easy to keep track of, unless someone (not mentioning names *cough*goolz*cough*) Goes around bumping every damn thread :p:
don't hate

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Elmore James was a booze KING. And apparently ol' Robbie Johnson too.

Rory Gallagher Drank himself to death slowly :(

that is the Blooz

@ Breakwithteeth; dude, first of all, Amos is a cool name, and yeah, you are the only other person here i ever see in the pit on a regular basis, except when someone cough*goolz*cough wants to hate on my favorite bands

:cry:

imgooley
03-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Hey, that was in jest!!! :peace:

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey, that was in jest!!! :peace:

I'm just messin'

but you didn't ever look at those videos I posted did you? :mad:

imgooley
03-28-2008, 12:40 AM
not yet dude, I've been busy.

Doing nothin...

But I will watch them

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 12:43 AM
not yet dude, I've been busy.

Doing nothin...

But I will watch them

it's tiring isn't it :p:

watch them fool! ;)

edit-

hey, you know what I just realized?

everyone here has said there real name except Goolz, unless that is your name, in which case that would be pretty awesome :p:

imgooley
03-28-2008, 03:49 AM

it's tiring isn't it :p:

watch them fool! ;)

edit-

hey, you know what I just realized?

everyone here has said there real name except Goolz, unless that is your name, in which case that would be pretty awesome :p:
My name is Isaiah Gooley, which is why my user name is imgooley. Goolz is a shortened version of my last name, which is what I prefer to be called by

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 03:57 AM
My name is Isaiah Gooley, which is why my user name is imgooley. Goolz is a shortened version of my last name, which is what I prefer to be called by

fair enough :)

that is a sweet last name dude

imgooley
03-28-2008, 04:04 AM
My dad says it's german from "Von Goulhausen" or some shiit like that.

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 04:06 AM
My dad says it's german from "Von Goulhausen" or some shiit like that.
:mad:

Kraut!

JK

:p:

my first name is Irish, my last is British

I'm at war with myself

imgooley
03-28-2008, 04:12 AM

Kraut!

JK

:p:

my first name is Irish, my last is British

I'm at war with myself
It's alright cuz yur a canuck, eh?

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 04:16 AM
It's alright cuz yur a canuck, eh?

yeah, and we be cool with everyone

Y'all

imgooley
03-28-2008, 04:21 AM
yeah, and we be cool with everyone

Y'all

I am a black/Hispanic/Caucasian/native American mutt, so even if I make fun of a certain ethnicity, it's like making fun of myself.

But I love making fun of canadians :p:

ze monsta
03-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I am Amos, or call me my username it doesn't matter. I have never really had a drink but do not be afraid, for I am not one of those self-righteous types. I got pretty into blues a year or two ago, I like lots of different music, but nothing can beat a slow blues.

You've never drunk?! :eek:

Jeez, I have, and I'm 13. :haha

But I'm not one of those kids who runs around with vodka or cheap lager, smashing ****. I stick to my morals, and unlike a lot of people (it was at a party where I was drinking vodka and **** like that) ie. almost all my friends, I'm not concerned with what everyone thinks, and what everyone else it doing. It doesn't get me anywhere with girls though. :haha

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 09:33 AM

I am a black/Hispanic/Caucasian/native American mutt, so even if I make fun of a certain ethnicity, it's like making fun of myself.

But I love making fun of canadians :p:

yeah, i dont blame you, I like to have good laughs at the U.S. sometimes

my lineage is pretty boring, 3 British grandparents and one was part Norwegian,Dutch, and German

so basically I'm just British

ze monsta
03-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I am just English :haha . If you go back far enough, I have German ancestors (on my dad's side) and my mums, great great grandparents were Irish, so that makes me English...

GD_GC
03-28-2008, 11:37 AM
You've never drunk?! :eek:

Jeez, I have, and I'm 13. :haha

But I'm not one of those kids who runs around with vodka or cheap lager, smashing ****. I stick to my morals, and unlike a lot of people (it was at a party where I was drinking vodka and **** like that) ie. almost all my friends, I'm not concerned with what everyone thinks, and what everyone else it doing. It doesn't get me anywhere with girls though. :haha

I'm 16 aned I don't drink. I don't think I need it. If I wanted to, I could, and I could get away with it, but I just don't. I'm not one of those stuck up "morals" kinda guys, I don't give a fuck if my friends do it, I just never have.

Dimebag22
03-28-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm 16 aned I don't drink. I don't think I need it. If I wanted to, I could, and I could get away with it, but I just don't. I'm not one of those stuck up "morals" kinda guys, I don't give a fuck if my friends do it, I just never have.
I don't do it because it's the "cool" thing to do, I do it because I enjoy it and I enjoy the taste... of some stuff. Some stuff is just plain shit though :p:

Jimmy94
03-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I drink far too much alcohol!

haha, not really, just the occasional beer. I swear to god nothing goes with a burger or pizza like a nice cold beer. Jack Daniels is delicious also :liplick:

Jackal58
03-28-2008, 12:31 PM
:wavey: Hey all. I'm Don. But lots of you knew that already. I'm not an alcoholic I'm a drunk.
Alcoholics go to meetings. I go to bars.
I've been butchering the blues for over 40 years now. You'd think I'd have the sense to give it up by now.

Dimebag22
03-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Don! I haven't seen you in so long! :)

Post here more! We need an old guy 'round these parts. ;)

theneildeal
03-28-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't do it because it's the "cool" thing to do, I do it because I enjoy it and I enjoy the taste... of some stuff. Some stuff is just plain shit though :p:

is it not because you need some alcohol to make living in Canada bearable?

Dimebag22
03-28-2008, 12:56 PM
is it not because you need some alcohol to make living in Canada bearable?

Nah, It's cause Canadian beer is 100x better then English beer!

Plus a couple shots of whiskey keeps me warm in these cold winters we have up here :rolleyes: :p:

Jimmy94
03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
got to find a woman will be good to me
won't hide my liquor try to serve me tea

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 01:14 PM
:wavey: Hey all. I'm Don. But lots of you knew that already. I'm not an alcoholic I'm a drunk.
Alcoholics go to meetings. I go to bars.
I've been butchering the blues for over 40 years now. You'd think I'd have the sense to give it up by now.

:eek:

the grizzled ancient!, you should post here more often, this forum is dead

oh and hey, I don't suppose there is any of that chili left? :p:

ze monsta
03-28-2008, 01:32 PM

Same with me, except I have done it, and it just didn't seem to make me any "cooler" or w/e the hell you wanna say that everyone else thinks. I mean, I wasn't drunk or anything, but it wasn't as special as everyone makes it out to be. :confused:

Oh, and btw, I meant that I don't drink like me friends do(I don't tend to drink at all). Just clearing that up. :p:

GD_GC
03-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Same with me, except I have done it, and it just didn't seem to make me any "cooler" or w/e the hell you wanna say that everyone else thinks. I mean, I wasn't drunk or anything, but it wasn't as special as everyone makes it out to be. :confused:

Oh, and btw, I meant that I don't drink like me friends do(I don't tend to drink at all). Just clearing that up. :p:

Yeah man, I know what you mean. It's cool to talk to someone else who sees it the same way I do.

Jackal58
03-28-2008, 02:18 PM
:eek:

the grizzled ancient!, you should post here more often, this forum is dead

oh and hey, I don't suppose there is any of that chili left? :p:
Plenty of chili left man. Ya ok I'll post more. I read this one and the classic rock forum almost everytime I'm on but I don't post alot here. I'm always afraid my stupid comment tendancy will get me banned. :) So I keep most of my stuff in the pit.

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Plenty of chili left man. Ya ok I'll post more. I read this one and the classic rock forum almost everytime I'm on but I don't post alot here. I'm always afraid my stupid comment tendancy will get me banned. :) So I keep most of my stuff in the pit.

I really wouldn't worry about that here :haha

we get very little trouble here, we're practically self governing most of the time :p:

imgooley
03-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Seriously. The mods usually just help us with our stickies, locking stupid ass threads, and the like. We are a civil forum here.

Just don't bring up the muff

Jackal58
03-28-2008, 02:40 PM
^ That's because all aficionados of the blues and jazz are laid back cats like myself. :)
If you buy that line of bull I got a bridge for sale.

GD_GC
03-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I really wouldn't worry about that here :haha

we get very little trouble here, we're practically self governing most of the time :p:

:haha this is why the Blues and Jazz Forum is awesome

ze monsta
03-28-2008, 03:06 PM
We can be pretty scolding though. But it's kinda sad no one ventures in here to ask questions. In the pit you see thinks like "Blues Fan" as their status, and you never see them here. :(

GD_GC
03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
We can be pretty scolding though. But it's kinda sad no one ventures in here to ask questions. In the pit you see thinks like "Blues Fan" as their status, and you never see them here. :(

To be honest, I don't think most people even know about this forum. I've seen so many "What are good blues songs" and "How do I start playing blues" threads in other subforums, but no one comes here :(

imgooley
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Really though. We are really nice.... :cheers:

Of course that is because a great deal of us are on the juice so yeah

Dimebag22
03-28-2008, 06:58 PM

We get a lot of those threads too though. They piss me off cause there is a sticky right there and no one bothers to read them.

theneildeal
03-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Really though. We are really nice.... :cheers:

usually...................... unless someone criticises John Mayer! haha

imgooley
03-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Go look in the JM thread, neil

GD_GC
03-28-2008, 08:56 PM

We get a lot of those threads too though. They piss me off cause there is a sticky right there and no one bothers to read them.

Does anyone even read those? Theres like a few kids who come in every once in a while who don't read them, post, get intimidated by all the regulars who don't need to read them and then leave. Thats pretty much how this forum goes :haha

Firebread
03-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Ya this is a decently chill forum. If I were to compare this to WWII, which I will because I'm not quite alright in the head. The entire forum is WWII. The Pit is Germany, and the Blues and Jazz forum is Switzerland. We don't got any trouble round here and no one really notices we exist. It's a good time.

Vagabond21
03-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I guess this is a good time for me to introduce myself, even though I've posted here randomly a few times.

Me llamo Steve. I like long walks on the beach...

Seriously, I love this forum. Yall are some cool cats. The pit is full of ****. (hey that rhymes)
I post there some but have decided to get away from it, its bad for your health.
I was raised on Led Zeppelin, The stones, ZZ top, and Jimi. When I got older and picked up the guitar, I realized that what I loved so much about this music was the blues roots. I was also brought up on southern gospel (the kind that makes old ladies shout) and Johnny Cash.

I've been hooked on the blues ever since. It's my favorite genre. Hendrix is my hero (I prefer his blues stuff). I like any kind of blues, especially juke joint like RL burnside.

I will admit, I'm southern as all get out, born and bred in the sticks. So go ahead and make fun if you'd like. Just keep in mind I'm not retarded, please.

imgooley
03-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Hola Steve. Welcome.

I, too, enjoy making old ladies shout.

Carswell98
03-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Hola Steve. Welcome.

I, too, enjoy making old ladies shout.

imgooley
03-29-2008, 03:35 AM
Thank you, I'll be here all week..

ze monsta
03-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Go look in the JM thread, neil

ze monsta
03-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I will admit, I'm southern as all get out, born and bred in the sticks. So go ahead and make fun if you'd like. Just keep in mind I'm not retarded, please.

Strange kinda question, but I'm not from America and I know no black people who even know what blues is, but I read that in the south, lots of coloured folks try to say that blues didn't exist as a way of kinda...forgetting. Is this true?

Because it really makes me kinda conscious of music and also kinda sad that I'm borrowing their music... :(

Vagabond21
03-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Strange kinda question, but I'm not from America and I know no black people who even know what blues is, but I read that in the south, lots of coloured folks try to say that blues didn't exist as a way of kinda...forgetting. Is this true?

Because it really makes me kinda conscious of music and also kinda sad that I'm borrowing their music... :(

Weeelll, I certainly haven't heard that. I go to a mom and pop guitar shop here in town a lot to hang out with some older people who are pretty good at guitar. One guy is an old black man who is ALWAYS there playing a Jack Daniels acoustic guitar. He's always playin the blues and will jam with ya.

There aren't a whole lot of people, white or black, that still listen to the blues, sadly. There are some though, quite a few black people I know do like Jimi Hendrix and a lot of soul stuff. There are a few that like the blues but not many.

edit: Dont feel bad your borrowing music. Bluesmen sing each others songs all the time and used a lot of the same progressions and such in music. No big deal. If yer blue, yer blue, if ya aint, ya aint.

If anyone has any other questions about southerness, I will do my best to answer while eating cornbread, drinking sweet tea, and spittin my chaw. :cool:

ze monsta
03-29-2008, 11:25 AM

I do that, just roll up at my guitar shop and play blues for an hour. :haha

Vagabond21
03-29-2008, 11:28 AM

It always fun. That black guy there is the nicest one too. He was trying to convince me to put electric guitar strings on my acoustic because I was complaing about my strings.

GD_GC
03-29-2008, 11:38 AM

Yeah man, that's what I do with my free time! :haha

Jackal58
03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
I guess this is a good time for me to introduce myself, even though I've posted here randomly a few times.

Me llamo Steve. I like long walks on the beach...

Seriously, I love this forum. Yall are some cool cats. The pit is full of ****. (hey that rhymes)
I post there some but have decided to get away from it, its bad for your health.
I was raised on Led Zeppelin, The stones, ZZ top, and Jimi. When I got older and picked up the guitar, I realized that what I loved so much about this music was the blues roots. I was also brought up on southern gospel (the kind that makes old ladies shout) and Johnny Cash.

I've been hooked on the blues ever since. It's my favorite genre. Hendrix is my hero (I prefer his blues stuff). I like any kind of blues, especially juke joint like RL burnside.

I love the pit. :(

Firebread
03-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah man, that's what I do with my free time! :haha

Your 16. You should only be playing with one hand in your free time. =P

theneildeal
03-29-2008, 12:10 PM

Well, blues is part of black american history. You can't just ignore that it ever happened. I also think that the blues is historically important, as it allows us to see how life was back then! But here in england, black people don't know what blues is, although neither do many other people. Some people could name Eric Clapton as a blues musician, but that would be it.

I understand what you mean about borrowing music. But todays music is made on computers, and is meaningless (in my opinion). Also, with the availability of world music, it is so easy to "borrow" another culture's music. For example, im a Latin blues/jazz fan, and its easy to find new music. This is why i love the digital age of music (theres also the torrents, but the less i say about that, the better!), and i don't feel conscious about it.

But saying that, if i was listening to gangsta rap, i might feel a bit conscious about it, because it has no relevance to me or my culture. Saying that, 1920's Mississippi delta blues has nothing to do my me or my culture, but i appreciate good music, so im not conscious abut borrowing the music from another culture.

GD_GC
03-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I think that music borrowing is what drives music to keep evolving and getting better. If we didn't borrow music from other people, then music couldn't exist. What if the first guy to play a 12 bar blues didn't let anyone else borrow it? What if the first guy to crank a tube amp and hit that low E power chord didn't let anyone borrow that? What if there was a copy right on the blues scale? We borrow other's musical ideas, and that is how we make and develop our own music.

theneildeal
03-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah exactly. Using Guitar Pro helps me to experiment with different cultures. It has a long list of scales, including the Jewish scale, Hawaiian scale, Javanese scale etc, and its always good to do a jam in one of those.

GD_GC
03-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, it can really open you up to all kinds of musical ideas which just make you a better musician.

ze monsta
03-29-2008, 12:36 PM
I didn't mean so much as borrowing scales and things musically, but their music, and in a certain way, their life style which in a certain part of me makes me almost think that it's like I'm making a mockery of it.

I'm kid that's got a lot more than Son House or Blind Willie Johnson could ever dream of, and it makes me have incredible respect for them. I mean, I pretty much got everything I ever wanted I guess, and they share cropped or worked in a factory or played on a street corner for most of their life. I think it allows a certain amount of gratefulness and a hell of a lot of hope, to me anyway. :)

I think the last part is the more important part and the part I focus on a lot.

GD_GC
03-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I didn't mean so much as borrowing scales and things musically, but their music, and in a certain way, their life style which in a certain part of me makes me almost think that it's like I'm making a mockery of it.

I'm kid that's got a lot more than Son House or Blind Willie Johnson could ever dream of, and it makes me have incredible respect for them. I mean, I pretty much got everything I ever wanted I guess, and they share cropped or worked in a factory or played on a street corner for most of their life. I think it allows a certain amount of gratefulness and a hell of a lot of hope, to me anyway. :)

I think the last part is the more important part and the part I focus on a lot.

Yeah, I feel the same. I'm a white kid living in upper middle class suburbia, what gives me the right to play the blues? These guys had nothing, and yeah that really makes me respect them even more. But at the same time, it gives you kind of a "why the hell should I be able to play this music" feeling, at least for me. But anyone can do it, I think the blues is being able to take your own problems, no matter how big or small, and turn them into emotion in the form of the music. So I think anyone has the right to play the blues, no matter what kind of problems you have to deal with in life.

ze monsta
03-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Agreed.

Dimebag22
03-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I feel the same. I'm a white kid living in upper middle class suburbia, what gives me the right to play the blues? These guys had nothing, and yeah that really makes me respect them even more. But at the same time, it gives you kind of a "why the hell should I be able to play this music" feeling, at least for me. But anyone can do it, I think the blues is being able to take your own problems, no matter how big or small, and turn them into emotion in the form of the music. So I think anyone has the right to play the blues, no matter what kind of problems you have to deal with in life.
Well said.

GD_GC
03-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah that's just the view that I've had on blues since I really got into it. What got you into blues though? Its pretty random, us middle class white kids playing blues haha.

theneildeal
03-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Hendrix, Led Zep and Guns N Roses did

imgooley
03-29-2008, 02:13 PM

Man, the Blues is American as apple pie. Like steve said, few people listen to it, but a lot of people know it and respect it.

This is coming from a Black man too. My best friends are into the blues. Most every black person I know is into Rhythm and Blues. The Black American is intrinsically tied to the blues because Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker and the rest are just as much part of our culture and roots as Malcolm X or Booker T. Washington.

That said, a bunch of black people like the blues and don't know it. Like I know a bunch of people who really dig into Mos Def's New Danger album, but they can't id what it is that makes it unique from all the crap rap. That uniqueness comes from the blues. Common's albums and The Tribe Called Quest's albums use Jazz beats on nearly EVERY song. The swing and boogie rhythm are in EVERY hip hop and R&B song that is put out.

I listen to a ton of music, and the reality is that EVERY form of music made after the blues takes from the blues, from metal to rap. Every form. So I would say, as long as you play the blues, feel the blues, and respect the roots, it don't matter what people say.

@steve: I want some sweet tea :(

Jackal58
03-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, blues is part of black american history. You can't just ignore that it ever happened. I also think that the blues is historically important, as it allows us to see how life was back then! But here in england, black people don't know what blues is, although neither do many other people. Some people could name Eric Clapton as a blues musician, but that would be it.

I understand what you mean about borrowing music. But todays music is made on computers, and is meaningless (in my opinion). Also, with the availability of world music, it is so easy to "borrow" another culture's music. For example, im a Latin blues/jazz fan, and its easy to find new music. This is why i love the digital age of music (theres also the torrents, but the less i say about that, the better!), and i don't feel conscious about it.

But saying that, if i was listening to gangsta rap, i might feel a bit conscious about it, because it has no relevance to me or my culture. Saying that, 1920's Mississippi delta blues has nothing to do my me or my culture, but i appreciate good music, so im not conscious abut borrowing the music from another culture.
That's too funny. I mean it may be that way today but most white middle class Americans wouldn't know much about the blues if not for Brits like EC, Alvin Lee, Jeff Beck, Rory Gallagher (OK he's Irish) Peter Green, Keith Richards and tons of others.

Go ask John Mayer. He's pretty good at it when he wants to be.

Vagabond21
03-29-2008, 02:40 PM
As i sit hear and read all this, it makes me happy to see people discuss topics in a civil manner (unlike the pit). I know I've said something like that already but I still want to thank you all.

Now, I do PARTIALLY know what these old guys are singing about. I have farmed (we ate what we grew, also raised cattle), my family was once not financially well (not in poverty though), and I am from the south ( my family is from the "countriest" place on earth).

I've also got a few mental illnesses, and I get morbidly depressed a few times a month (i have 3 shrinks). The way I USED TO see it a few years ago, was "damn look at me, the only thing I'm missing is black skin"

But, as I got deeper into it, I realized none of that matters. Everyone has problems, if you have problems, and want to sing the blues, you can, even if you are from china. :: imagines eating in a chineese rest. while man sings the blues in chineese::

It's all about soul, thats what I love about this music. You make your guitar say what your mouth can't and vice-versa. How much soul do you have?

edit: come on down hya feller, we'll getcha some sweet t. Mama totes the sugar bag and don't leave it shy. It's sweeeeeeeet. She makes a mean fruit tea too. Dont drank them cold drinks ( in english this means any coke, dr pepper, etc) they'll make u a hoss. They aint no count.

Just out of morbid curiosity, has anyone heard any of those phrases?

Carswell98
03-29-2008, 03:06 PM
As i sit hear and read all this, it makes me happy to see people discuss topics in a civil manner (unlike the pit). I know I've said something like that already but I still want to thank you all.

The pit really isn't all that awful, just look past the "lol wut"s and you can find some pretty amusing and even intellectually stimulating stuff

Vagabond21
03-29-2008, 03:13 PM
The pit really isn't all that awful, just look past the "lol wut"s and you can find some pretty amusing and even intellectually stimulating stuff

Yeah, I agree. It's just annoying when people randomly get flamed, especially, when it's by some 16 year old who most likely doesn't know much.although, some deserve it.

Luckily, I haven't really been a victim.

I'm just glad this place is peaceful

Jackal58
03-29-2008, 04:37 PM
edit: come on down hya feller, we'll getcha some sweet t. Mama totes the sugar bag and don't leave it shy. It's sweeeeeeeet. She makes a mean fruit tea too. Dont drank them cold drinks ( in english this means any coke, dr pepper, etc) they'll make u a hoss. They aint no count.

No I haven't. I grew up on the other side of the Mason Dixon line though. SW Pa. On a dairy farm. Bet I could come up with some lacalisms that would make you go wtf as well.

imgooley
03-29-2008, 04:49 PM

I likes me some sweeeeet t :liplick:

Vagabond21
03-29-2008, 05:12 PM
No I haven't. I grew up on the other side of the Mason Dixon line though. SW Pa. On a dairy farm. Bet I could come up with some lacalisms that would make you go wtf as well.

Yeah probably. I was listening to a man from northern Michigan speak last week and I only understood half of what he said. He didn't really use a lot of dialect, it was more of his accent and the rhythym of his speech.

I have a friend from PA and I haven't really heard any kind of oddball phrases.

What are some you can think of?

crazynickman
03-29-2008, 05:41 PM
I can't say I picked cotton and went blind and my father ran out on me and my maw when I was 7 etc etc, but I'm from a working class family and I was never spoiled to any degree, so I haven't suffered, but I do know humility and I have perspective. That's a part of the blues too; you have a problem, but it's your problem and it's not the biggest problem in the history of humanity. They had a lot of humor in the lyrics, if you look close enough. But still a lot of emotion.

imgooley
03-30-2008, 04:32 AM
Nick, you are right on point there. :cheers:

crazynickman
03-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Nick, you are right on point there. :cheers:
I love the pit. :(
Me too :sad:

Vagabond21
03-31-2008, 03:25 PM
amen to nick

theneildeal
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
yeah, blues is about singing about your problems or why you are feeling blue.

Anyone can sing blues. The Queen could sing a song about not being able to shop for Armani handbags without being followed by the paparazzi, or a hobo could sing a song about living on the streets.

Jeez, i would pay a lot to here that blues song by the Queen! haha

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah, blues is about singing about your problems or why you are feeling blue.

Anyone can sing blues. The Queen could sing a song about not being able to shop for Armani handbags without being followed by the paparazzi, or a hobo could sing a song about living on the streets.

Jeez, i would pay a lot to here that blues song by the Queen! haha
Needs me mah Armani but de paparazzi follow me all day
Say I needs me mah Armani but de paparazzi dey follow me all day
The flash from dey cameras make a queen's knees sway.

-Trad.

Vagabond21
03-31-2008, 03:44 PM

-Trad.

haha, nice

imgooley
03-31-2008, 04:10 PM

-Trad.
Every time someone mentions the Queen, it makes me want some tea and crumpets....

theneildeal
03-31-2008, 04:16 PM
haha thats awesome

sre9981
03-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I <3 the married to the sea "~Trad." marking (assuming thats the reference you're going for, elsewise, http://www.marriedtothesea.com/gallery-littleman-500.gif

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
I <3 the married to the sea "~Trad." marking (assuming thats the reference you're going for, elsewise, http://www.marriedtothesea.com/gallery-littleman-500.gif
I wasn't referencing it, but it's definitely what inspired me to put it in. Plus I think it makes it funnier to think that this is a song that's been around for generations of royalty, and every Queen has sung this song at some point.

biased644
03-31-2008, 06:46 PM
If the pit were a room it would be an extremely crowded cold, dark room.

If the blues board was a room it would be really warm with really expensive, comfy furniture with a fireplace. With babes. And other cool stuff.

Dimebag22
03-31-2008, 06:48 PM

If the blues board was a room it would be really warm with really expensive, comfy furniture with a fireplace. With babes. And other cool stuff.
And alcohol... lots and lots of alcohol.

imgooley
03-31-2008, 06:50 PM

+1 on the babes and cool stuff, but the expensive shiit is in the Jazz section of the joint.

The blues section has 120 year old wooden furniture with makeshift cushions and a full bar that is always open. :cool:

biased644
03-31-2008, 06:51 PM
def lots a booze.

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 07:23 PM

Biased, you are biased against the Pit!

J'accuse!

It's really not that bad. Those that blast the Pit have never been in long enough to get over the "lol religon sux?" and "Poll: How long are your fingernails?" threads. Give it a chance; I'm a regular Pit monkey and I'm civilized enough to speak in the Blues/Jazz forum.

And the Blues room would actually be an old Mississippi bar with Robert Johnson playing non-stop. And it would change with your preferences; one for Chicago, Memphis, etc (but no Texas :mad: )

GD_GC
03-31-2008, 07:39 PM

J'accuse!

It's really not that bad. Those that blast the Pit have never been in long enough to get over the "lol religon sux?" and "Poll: How long are your fingernails?" threads. Give it a chance; I'm a regular Pit monkey and I'm civilized enough to speak in the Blues/Jazz forum.

And the Blues room would actually be an old Mississippi bar with Robert Johnson playing non-stop. And it would change with your preferences; one for Chicago, Memphis, etc (but no Texas :mad: )

No Texas? Why?

Dimebag22
03-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Don't worry Eric. Me and you will have our own Texas jam session. :p:

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 07:58 PM
No Texas? Why?
Well, I take it back; there can be a Texas room, but I won't go in. I'm not a fan.

GD_GC
03-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Don't worry Eric. Me and you will have our own Texas jam session. :p:

That's where the real party will be.

MrBlues
03-31-2008, 08:28 PM
That's where the real party will be.

count me in :)

Dimebag22
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
That would actually be really awesome to have a Blues and Jazz meetup! :haha

Just have like a 4 hour long blues jam! That would be so awesome :haha Then all the Jazz dudes can go do whatever they like to do :p:

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 08:40 PM

Just have like a 4 hour long blues jam! That would be so awesome :haha Then all the Jazz dudes can go do whatever they like to do :p:
Play free form for 18 hours as we all sit around drinking?

MrBlues
03-31-2008, 08:45 PM

exccept i live so bloody far away :(

imgooley
03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Can I jam with you guys? As much as I like the Texas blues, I like other stuff better.

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Can I jam with you guys? As much as I like the Texas blues, I like other stuff better.
I'll be Chicagoing anyway, I don't accept the idea of "Texas blues." Leadbelly and Blind Lemon are fine, but I don't go for SRV or The Fabulous T Birds.

imgooley
03-31-2008, 10:24 PM
well I'll be playing my incredible(ly bad) slide guitar (might foray into some slide metal) so I fit in anywhere. Maybe blow some harp too.

As far as Texas blues goes though, I have to go with Johnny Winter and ZZ Top(the older stuff) over SRV

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 10:40 PM
well I'll be playing my incredible(ly bad) slide guitar (might foray into some slide metal) so I fit in anywhere. Maybe blow some harp too.

As far as Texas blues goes though, I have to go with Johnny Winter and ZZ Top(the older stuff) over SRV
I like Lightin' Hopkins a lot but everyone else pales in comparison. My favorites overall are Howlin' Wolf and Robert Johnson (and Elmore James now that you mention slide).

Carswell98
03-31-2008, 10:44 PM
I'd like to join too!

I like big Rhythm and Blues bands like B.B.s, because horns are amazing, so I'll be trying (and failing) to play like B.B.

I hate ZZ top for the pure and simple fact that they are more of a novelty than a band now thanks to their epic sell out during the 80's

their early stuff (before they started using digital drum tracks :p: ) is good, I have the fandango album, its pretty good

but I'd take SRV over gibbons or Winter any day,

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 10:49 PM
I straight-up dislike SRV, I just don't go for the dude at all.

imgooley
03-31-2008, 10:50 PM
As a guitar player I take SRV over almost anyone, but his songs kinda sound alike sometimes. Yeah, maybe I was a little hasty saying that I like JW and ZZ Top over him, maybe just exaggerating, but still. I am more of a John Lee, Junior Kimbrough, Howlin Wolf type guy anyway.

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Ima Wolfman all the way :cool:

imgooley
03-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Ima Wolfman all the way :cool:
LOL QUIEN?

Carswell98
03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
@ nick, that is fine, everyone here has different taste

it would be hard to come up with a word for the type of blues I'd like to play

its not the heavy drinking I just killed a man type blues, it's... once again I guess quite like B.B.'s approach, it's classy, very jazz influenced, and mostly laid back

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 10:58 PM
LOL QUIEN?
H-Howlin' W...Wolf...?

You make me feel awkward when I say it...

imgooley
03-31-2008, 11:06 PM
H-Howlin' W...Wolf...?

You make me feel awkward when I say it...

why is that?

(Ima Wolfman... that is epic)

crazynickman
03-31-2008, 11:08 PM

why is that?

(Ima Wolfman... that is epic)
The way you screamed LOL QUIEN when I thought it was clear I was saying "I am the Wolfman."

imgooley
03-31-2008, 11:12 PM
Sorry dude, I am just slow today.

Man, I need a beer so that I can settle down...

ze monsta
04-01-2008, 07:01 AM
I'd be on a 200 hundred year old bar stool playing delta blues. :cool:

That would actually be so epic. :p:

Jackal58
04-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Sounds like an average Saturday night.

crazynickman
04-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Sounds like an average Saturday night.
And that one Tuesday...

Jackal58
04-05-2008, 04:35 PM
And that one Tuesday...
You promised you wouldn't mention that. :sad:
Another Saturday night coming up!!! Ya. Anybody playing tonight? I've got a couple friends coming over around 8 to jam for a while.

biased644
04-06-2008, 07:40 PM

J'accuse!

I like the pit, it's just a different, unforgiving environment.

Jackal58
04-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I like the pit, it's just a different, unforgiving environment.
We are a very loving forgiving group in the Pit. Come visit us. We need some fresh meat.
Did I say fresh meat? I meant fresh ideas.

imgooley
06-04-2008, 06:37 PM

Bumpity bump

Jackal58
06-04-2008, 10:22 PM
^ Nice bump. I think this thread should be stickied. It's a nice welcome to new UGers and users that have been here for a while but never ventured into this forum.

imgooley
06-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I totally agree, old man. Fosters a sense of community it does. (also helps one to remember names)

Jackal58
06-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Nice Yoda speak. Old man my ass. :p:

Thefallofman
06-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey guys. I spend a lot of my UG time in the Classic Rock forum, but I've been here more and more lately thanks to my love for the blues.

I'm Mike, I didn't come from the Pit, I'm not an alcoholic, I dig Strats and SGs and if I don't have an old Twin Reverb by the end of the summer I'll be a sad man.

Jackal58
06-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Mike :wavey:
Most alcoholic pit monkeys already have a twin reverb. ;)

imgooley
06-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi Mike, nice to meet ya.

Dimebag22
06-05-2008, 12:49 AM
You're not an alcoholic? Get out. :p:

Nice to meet you man, I think I've seen you around these parts a few times.

Welcome :cheers:

GD_GC
06-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Welcome!

ze monsta
06-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi.

slidething31
06-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Howdy yall

I'm Drew, I've recently been starting to frequent the Blues forum, and It seems like a great place. I love all kinds of blues, but mostly like to play acoustic slide.

Also, in sticking with the theme, I am only an alcoholic on days that end in Y.

ze monsta
06-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm Gus and I like readingalcohol as well. :haha

Jackal58
06-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Howdy yall

I'm Drew, I've recently been starting to frequent the Blues forum, and It seems like a great place. I love all kinds of blues, but mostly like to play acoustic slide.

Also, in sticking with the theme, I am only an alcoholic on days that end in Y.
Man you must go to alot of meetings. :wavey:
Drunks go to bars. ;)

imgooley
06-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Drunks also stay at home.

imgooley
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM

ze monsta
09-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi.

I'm Gus, I'm a little schoolboy to.

imgooley
09-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi, Gus.

Tell me, do you have any pics of you in a school uniform?

ze monsta
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM

No, but I have plenty of me not wearing them. ;)

I hope that isn't a serious question. :haha

imgooley
09-03-2008, 10:52 AM
^Oh, it WAS serious.

VERY serious.

VERY VERY VERY VERY serious.

Very. ;)

ze monsta
09-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Only if you're a little schoolgirl. :p:

imgooley
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Liek this?

http://www.sexpciture.com/gs/thumbs/feed31/3900/schoolgirl-horny-64f04.jpg

ze monsta
09-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Woworz, ur teh haut!!111!1!

CANZ I HAZ YOR NUMBORZXZ?

imgooley
09-03-2008, 11:16 AM
:facepalm:

ze monsta
09-03-2008, 11:20 AM
I actually know someone that looks like that. Except hotter, and she's not a pornstar.

mas0n
09-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Not really sure if I did one of these already, so I'll introduce myself, wouldn't like to be impolite.

My name is D. and yes, I'm an alcoholic. I basically don't visit any other part of the forum, so no, I didn't come from the Pit, don't even know what goes on there, and I'm not sure I wanna know.

I like this part of UG since it's probably the only place on these forums where relatively normal conversations take place, there's a touch of tolerance which is always good, and you can write sentences without numbers instead of letters and every word finishing with a 'Z'. Been a blues enthusiast for a couple of years now, but still consider myself to be just a beginner, like to do my stuff thoroughly. I'm into jazz too, also got into it recently and still learning.

Misc - Like Strats. Like beer. Like fingerstyle. Like Irish music and Irish beer. ( in no particular order ) Not a teenager.

Nuff said. Cheers!

imgooley
09-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Welcome, sir.