cover songs?

PDA

View Full Version : cover songs?

Vol=11
03-10-2008, 10:58 PM
im having my first practice with my new band tomorrow and i was wondering if you guys had some suggestions for some songs for us to cover in the next month or so. I(lead guitar) have been playing for about 6 years and am pretty advanced, the rhythm guitarist has been playing for 3 years and is almost as good as me, the drummer has been playing for 5 years and is excellent, and the bassist is probably going to be too high to come to practice(we're looking for a more reliable bassist, but it seems like theyre and endangered species at the moment). we all listen to every type of music and are still deciding on a genre, so just suggest us anything that you think suits our abilities.

JesusLives
03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Genre?

The_Crumpet
03-10-2008, 11:06 PM
why are bassists always high... play the best genre - METAL

JesusLives
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Dream Theater. Good luck. But seriously, part of it depends on your audience.

Vol=11
03-10-2008, 11:12 PM
we don't care about audience. we play for music. me and the drummer are moving out of state soon, this is just something fun to do with our time.

by the way, most dream theater stuff has piano. did i mention a piano player? haha

JesusLives
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
/\ Good point. Do some less popular Metallica songs or Megadeth. Of course for the ballads, Skynrd.

Vol=11
03-10-2008, 11:28 PM
all those bands are just so cliche now...

JesusLives
03-10-2008, 11:59 PM
ok...good point, try some Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold. Newer metal bands. Or sum 41, due only to the fact they are easy and fun to play and easy to get a crowd into them. I'm not sure why.

blacklabelsdmf
03-14-2008, 10:40 PM
ok...good point, try some Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold. Newer metal bands. Or sum 41, due only to the fact they are easy and fun to play and easy to get a crowd into them. I'm not sure why.

hahahahahahahahahah

anyways, do some superjoint ritual, corrosion of conformity, or metallica. and thing thats fast passed like hardcore punk or thrash or laid back some some stoner rock and sludge is always good show material. i can get a group of people who only listen to plain white ts hooked on coc