John Africa's MOVE

PDA

View Full Version : John Africa's MOVE

original=punk
03-14-2008, 06:15 PM
What are teh p0nx's opinions on this green anarchist movement?

I personally share/agree with quite a few of the beliefs, not all, of course, otherwise I'd be going by the last name of Africa, but it is a very cool, interesting MOVEment (haha, see wut i did thar?)

You can read sabout their beliefs on their website at http://www.onamove.com/belief/

Also, many punk bands have written songs about them and the massacre the Philidelphia PD put upon them EG: Operation: M.O.V.E. by Leftover Crack (one of my most favorite songs by them), No Justice, No Peace by Aus-Rotten, I believe it was part of Philedelphia by Atom and His Package (not exactly "punk" but still a sweet band.)

crustyreed
03-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Move was awesome. I thought it was dead by now.

in similar news Resists and Exists singer is the first non-black Panther.

original=punk
03-14-2008, 06:29 PM
That's very cool, see, now while I'm a pacifist myself, I think that the Panther's were justified in their anger and violence, obviously, there are ways around it, but I think they were definitely righteous in that sense.

RockThe40oz
03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Move was awesome. I thought it was dead by now.

in similar news Resists and Exists singer is the first non-black Panther.

Yeah, I found that out a while ago.. but resist and exist are still pretty bad

crustyreed
03-14-2008, 06:36 PM
^^^ musically, they have skill but..... its weird it just doesn't fit right (not a big fan myself.) But if their was any band i could say backed up what they sing about, it'd be them.
I went on a big black panther/move learning spree last year and it's a damn shame CIA broke them up. It's hard to imagine what america would be like if they had stuck around instead of having their void filled by gangs.