So, theres a talent show in 2 months...

PDA

View Full Version : So, theres a talent show in 2 months...

schecter ftw
03-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Theres a talent show at my school in 2 months. If you read my other thread, I just quit my band. So the thing is, could I play Eruption without anything backing me and it still sounding great?? And what are some other songs that I could do just solo. Thanks. :)

pete-c
03-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Seeing as it's a talent show i'm assuming nobody would mind you going solo, imo. As Eruption is so heavily focused on the guitar i'm sure nobody would mind much.

Softserved
03-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I would say that if you played Eruption, backing players or no, there is a large chance you will get at least 3rd.

I don't know many people who can do that.

So yes, solo if you must. Just make it sound good =D.

Jix_Jax
03-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Maybe if you don't hate acoustic, do that and sing. You never know what you might like. If you like my idea, I can post a few solo acoustic/one man vocal songs. Cuz, I've got lots and lots. If not, i'd go with...

Canon Rock by JerryC - SOOOO OVERDONE! But it impresses. no one can argue, especially towards a highschool crowd. On that note, anything by JerryC would probly work.

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria - Awesomely dynamic, and if you can at least get a drummer, then you'd be ace.

The Intro to FCPREMIX by Fall of Troy - recently became popular through Guitar Hero. Can't go wrong.

Sweet Home Alabama Instrumental - They WILL sing.

Achilles' Last Stand by Led Zeppelin - It's groovey and epic. All in one :D

I'm not too sure, but last I checked, The Mars Volta had some cool songs you could play instrumentally.

If you have a lot of people who like hardcore, [yeah, i live in that kinda town] just play a breakdown and let them go crazy. P.S that's probably a bad idea, due to 'moshers' ... lol yeah.

Maybe throw in a sweet metal improv between songs to get them pumped. What's your skill level, by the way?

Anyhow, hope this helped. Catch ya later man.

Armagedn
03-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Eruption would be great. Cliffs of Dover wouldn't be bad either... Or anything by Eric Johnson, really.

schecter ftw
03-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Maybe if you don't hate acoustic, do that and sing. You never know what you might like. If you like my idea, I can post a few solo acoustic/one man vocal songs. Cuz, I've got lots and lots. If not, i'd go with...

Canon Rock by JerryC - SOOOO OVERDONE! But it impresses. no one can argue, especially towards a highschool crowd. On that note, anything by JerryC would probly work.

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria - Awesomely dynamic, and if you can at least get a drummer, then you'd be ace.

The Intro to FCPREMIX by Fall of Troy - recently became popular through Guitar Hero. Can't go wrong.

Sweet Home Alabama Instrumental - They WILL sing.

Achilles' Last Stand by Led Zeppelin - It's groovey and epic. All in one :D

I'm not too sure, but last I checked, The Mars Volta had some cool songs you could play instrumentally.

If you have a lot of people who like hardcore, [yeah, i live in that kinda town] just play a breakdown and let them go crazy. P.S that's probably a bad idea, due to 'moshers' ... lol yeah.

Maybe throw in a sweet metal improv between songs to get them pumped. What's your skill level, by the way?

Anyhow, hope this helped. Catch ya later man.

Thanks mang. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Guitarhero9901

Thats me. I've been getting into shredding so I'm a lot better since those vids.

Fletcher092
03-15-2008, 05:22 PM
i liked your clean tone

Jix_Jax
03-15-2008, 10:12 PM
yo i responded to your vid. you can check some of mine out, but Mookie's Last Christmas kinda sucks :p

schecter ftw
03-15-2008, 11:19 PM
i liked your clean tone

Thanks. :)

I know for sure now I'm gonig to do Eruption as my old band keeps dissing me on Youtube and Myspace. Please see my other thread and do what I say in my last post. ;)