Problems with singer, amp quality?

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with singer, amp quality?

Gwynnell
03-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Right, i'm in a band, my singer is brilliant but he ever doesn't turn up or doesn't learn the lyrics, he's had a set for about 2 months and hasn't learnt them.

I was wondering, how good is the quality through an amp compared to a p.a system for vocals, and would a marshall mg100 cover a full band?

Thanks

Elliott
x

Kozlic
03-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Right, i'm in a band, my singer is brilliant but he ever doesn't turn up or doesn't learn the lyrics, he's had a set for about 2 months and hasn't learnt them.
x

happens to me too...
I hate that.
We have a gig in May and we started like 1/2 months ago and he never turned up.

I think 100 solid state watts will be enough to hear the singer over instruments.
15w solid state does.

A-G-guitarist
03-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Sounds like you need a new singer. Don't put up with lazy arses like that otherwise you'll get nowhere. My band's been around for 8 months but never kicked off until 2 months ago cause our drummer never turned up. We kicked him out 2 months ago and ooh look at that, we got going 2 months ago =D

Sonicxlover
03-15-2008, 08:57 PM
You don't need a singer like that. Doesn't matter if he's good, he obviously doesn't give two ****s about the band.

And I wouldn't get an MG for vocals. MG's are well known for quality issues (overheating and breaking during shows). I'd get a higher quality, more reliable amp or other method of amplifying vocals.

warlockking
03-16-2008, 01:42 AM
Just sit him down and tell him he's out if he doesn't get his sh*t together. either he will, and everything will be fine, or he doesn't and he's out.

Gwynnell
03-16-2008, 07:39 AM
And I wouldn't get an MG for vocals. MG's are well known for quality issues (overheating and breaking during shows). I'd get a higher quality, more reliable amp or other method of amplifying vocals.

For shows we'd use a p.a, either the place will have one or we'll use another bands, we get on well with them all quite well.

Cheers for your advice guys.

x