Fender Blues Deluxe

PDA

View Full Version : Fender Blues Deluxe

Skirvy
03-16-2008, 01:13 PM
I want to move up from my rubbish practice amp and the Fender Blues Deluxe appealed to me. I want to buy an amp i can use for a long time so i don't want to buy something that won't do me well in a band or generally. Do you have any other recommendations if this amp doesn't fit in with my needs?

gopherthegreat
03-16-2008, 02:07 PM
its what im saving up for

GD_GC
03-16-2008, 05:01 PM
I have it, and I have to say I have not been too happy with it. It sound AMAZING at low volumes, very sparkily and smooth, creamy cleans. But when you turn it up past like 5, it starts to sound like total ass. Muddy, disgusting distortion ruins the sound. I've always heard tube amps are supposted to sound amazing at high volumes, so either it sucks, or something is wrong with mine. That is a likely possibility, because I bought a floor model so the tubes may be old.

All in all, it sounds amazing at low volumes, but cranked, mine sucks. It's a good amp, but I would try and crank it in a store before you buy it.

Skirvy
03-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I have it, and I have to say I have not been too happy with it. It sound AMAZING at low volumes, very sparkily and smooth, creamy cleans. But when you turn it up past like 5, it starts to sound like total ass. Muddy, disgusting distortion ruins the sound. I've always heard tube amps are supposted to sound amazing at high volumes, so either it sucks, or something is wrong with mine. That is a likely possibility, because I bought a floor model so the tubes may be old.

All in all, it sounds amazing at low volumes, but cranked, mine sucks. It's a good amp, but I would try and crank it in a store before you buy it.
will do :D