Nobuo Uematsu fans unite..

PDA

View Full Version : Nobuo Uematsu fans unite..

TheNoManBand
03-17-2008, 12:16 AM
And tell me of any composers that have a similar sound to him. I have been searching but I really not found what I am looking for. I am looking for orchestra pieces with the same kind of style that Nobuo has yet not necessarily from another video game. Also if any one has heard the song Mystery Train off the FF6: Grand Finale album, I would like to find other pieces like that, broken chord piano parts with a more modern jazzy sound, preferably with some other instruments as well but solo piano pieces are nice too. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Fuku-san
03-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Nobuo Uematsu... I have a problem with that guy. He DID a greet job with FF6 and FF7. But now, since FF8 in fact, his music are just horrible. Have you heard Seymour's theme in FF10. What's that sound ?! Uematsu still uses material from the 80s.
In my opinion, the best composer is Yasunori Mitsuda, especially with Xenogears. I don't know where you will be able to find some of his works but if you manage to, please temm me what is your opinion on him.

Antroid
04-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Strange I saw this thread because I've recently been revisiting the FF music. I'm a big fan of FF7 and 9 music and although I dont really like the game 10 has some nice piano numbers in it.

As for Nobuo, he is a kick arse keyboard player. Listen to some of the Black Mages tracks wear they have guitar-keyboard Q&A its wiked.

kevinhu162
04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Nobuo Uematsu... I have a problem with that guy. He DID a greet job with FF6 and FF7. But now, since FF8 in fact, his music are just horrible. Have you heard Seymour's theme in FF10. What's that sound ?! Uematsu still uses material from the 80s.
In my opinion, the best composer is Yasunori Mitsuda, especially with Xenogears. I don't know where you will be able to find some of his works but if you manage to, please temm me what is your opinion on him.

Are you kidding me? Uematsu's music in FF8 was amazing. The Landing? Premonition? Half the reason why I enjoyed the game was because of his music.

I hate FF7 fans that bash FF8... both games are great.

kryptonite22
04-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Sadly I haven't been able to get into FF8 yet, although I feel like if I stick with it it'll suck me in. Was a huge fan of 7 though, and the soundtrack is phenomenal. It brings back such memories, I think that's part of the appeal. The music on number 10 didn't grab me, it was a bit too upbeat most of the time. 8 hasn't grabbed me yet either but it's better than 10 for sure.

Martin^roll
04-08-2008, 06:46 AM
he also did a great job recently on lost odysee

kevinhu162
04-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Sadly I haven't been able to get into FF8 yet, although I feel like if I stick with it it'll suck me in. Was a huge fan of 7 though, and the soundtrack is phenomenal. It brings back such memories, I think that's part of the appeal. The music on number 10 didn't grab me, it was a bit too upbeat most of the time. 8 hasn't grabbed me yet either but it's better than 10 for sure.

It grabs you when you get more magic to junction, I personally loved the strategic aspect of junctioning before major battles. Unfortunately, it limits the amount of offensive magic you actually use... =\