Legal question

PDA

View Full Version : Legal question

corrylb19
03-17-2008, 11:18 PM
My band has 2 members over 21 and 2 members under 21. Would we legally be allowed to play at a bar in pennsylvania?

BillPurcell
03-17-2008, 11:22 PM
i think you only have to be 17 to play in a bar?

Slash_HuDsOn
03-17-2008, 11:23 PM
the 2 band member's would have to play outside :p:

I'm not sure what the rule's are but they could probably be just braceleted so they weren't served any alcohol

Dunjma
03-18-2008, 03:44 AM
that would depend on the laws of where you are. assuming all your members are old enough to enter a bar then there is no problem, but if the two under 21 (legal age limit in your area?) are not legal then i would say it's not likely. call up your council and find out, i'm sure if they arn't drinking and they stay away from the actual bar then it should be ok.

JLT73
03-18-2008, 07:56 AM
a few bars will allow it, but most will not.

Kid_Thorazine
03-18-2008, 10:44 AM
depends on the bar, what local laws are etc. A lot of bars will let you, but you come in and set up then the under age members have to leave until curtain time and then get like 20 minutes afterwards to get their crap.

mcclain606
04-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm the guitarist for the same band as corrylb19. We're not over 17, and I am way to fat to be smuggled in. I was thinking about a wireless monitor and wireless guitar plug and sitting in the truck. The many drunk happy folk would be like "wait, I hear a guitar, but wait a minute man..."

SlackerBabbath
04-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Dunno, but in Britain, the law only states the age that one is allowed alcohol. You can still legaly enter a bar at any age, but most bars place an age limit on their premesis themselves. This is nothing to do with law but rather company policy.
If the law is the same where you live, then you should be OK. Even if company policy is against you, you can assume that company policy has been waived because you've been invited to play.
Also, even if it is illegal for you to enter the bar, it's not your problem. If the guy who owns the bar hired you to play, it's his responsibility as he is the one employing 'under age' people.

If the gig's been offered to you, just go and play it. Whadda they gonna do when you turn up on the night and a couple of your guys are underage? Look for a replacement band at the very last minute?

Kid_Thorazine
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Dunno, but in Britain, the law only states the age that one is allowed alcohol. You can still legaly enter a bar at any age, but most bars place an age limit on their premesis themselves. This is nothing to do with law but rather company policy.
If the law is the same where you live, then you should be OK. Even if company policy is against you, you can assume that company policy has been waived because you've been invited to play.
Also, even if it is illegal for you to enter the bar, it's not your problem. If the guy who owns the bar hired you to play, it's his responsibility as he is the one employing 'under age' people.

If the gig's been offered to you, just go and play it. Whadda they gonna do when you turn up on the night and a couple of your guys are underage? Look for a replacement band at the very last minute?

In a lot of places in the US you have to be 21 to even enter a bar, although a lot of times there are exceptions for entertainers, but as I said, usually you are allowed to come in and set up before they start serving alcohol, then you leave, come back like 20 minutes before the show and then leave 20 minutes afterwards, but yeah check your locals laws and policies, it's different state to state, county to county town to town.