Question about the mighty D

PDA

View Full Version : Question about the mighty D

TheKermal
03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey there!

I was wondering if the big-foot-looking figure that's starring Tenacious D - In The Pick Of Destiny (called Sarsquash or something) is comming from a real tv-show? :p:

And now the D-subject is already touched, can someone tell me how respected they are as a real band in America? I mean.. Do they get on the charts and does their cd's get rated in magazines? . 'Course some would say that they're just a comedy-duo with a guitar :D

Andrewbiles
03-18-2008, 05:42 PM
I think the Sasquatch thing is one of those myths, heard the name mentioned in a few other things and I seem to remember South Park did an episode with it.

Roots_radical
03-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Um, Sasquatch is big foot, he is pretty well known :S (not as a real person though)

rageagainst64
03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
the D is more known for the movie and show in the US than anything else. theyre like a little known band over here. im pretty sure they never made it on the charts..

anoreorcist12
03-18-2008, 05:53 PM
yeah sasquatch is wel known in the US. he's bigfoot a big old mythical monkey.. sometimes theres crazy people that go lookin for him

Roots_radical
03-18-2008, 05:55 PM
I think the only people who ever found him were the Hendersons :)

TheKermal
03-18-2008, 06:01 PM
No charts? Well that's sucks.. A lot of their numbers beat the bud out of the r'n'b-crap that's all over these days :p:
But their cd's are also filled with funny snacks and comedy-stuff.. It takes the pro-level a bit down :vhan: