88 (Melodic Death Metal, GP)

PDA

View Full Version : 88 (Melodic Death Metal, GP)

duncang
03-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Here's a new melodeath song from me, being used in the metal forum's UG United project (which explains the names on the tracks), hope you like it.

(MP3 version can be found on my profile, lyrics here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13450903#post13450903)

Ziggums
03-25-2008, 12:12 PM
It's a good song but i think at about 1:55 where the drums are going fast and loud, that it drowns at the melody and ruins that part of the song.

Crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13448050#post13448050

zakatak9389
03-25-2008, 05:31 PM
pretty sweet song man.

Intro had a nice melody to it. It sounded really cool when the second lead guitar came in and was playin a different melody over the other one. I really liked it.

The verse however just sounded kinda like a filler riff. It was just there and didn't really stand out at all, just kinda meh. Bars 25 and 26 however, were awesome.

The chorus sounded really nice. I really liked the melodys there and the chord progression. It sounded almost kinda metalcore-ish, but I like metalcore so that's a good thing comin from me. Regardless, the chorus was basically just amazing haha.

I like how you changed the drums for the main theme melody. It made it sound a lot catchier for some reason. Pre-verse was kinda boring and filler like the verse. It just didn't really do anything for the song. It sounded uninspired.

The solo was pretty sweet. Had nice melodies and shreddage in there. Interlude was good also, and I really liked the chorus at 160 rather then the original 190 it was at. Outro fit good after the chorus too.

Overall, this is a pretty cool song, except for the verse. Everything was pretty sweet man, just try to fix up the verse. It's been quite a while since I've heard a melodic metal song like this on here that was actually good lol. Awesome work man, keep it up :peace:

duncang
03-26-2008, 12:39 PM
pretty sweet song man.

Intro had a nice melody to it. It sounded really cool when the second lead guitar came in and was playin a different melody over the other one. I really liked it.

The verse however just sounded kinda like a filler riff. It was just there and didn't really stand out at all, just kinda meh. Bars 25 and 26 however, were awesome.

The chorus sounded really nice. I really liked the melodys there and the chord progression. It sounded almost kinda metalcore-ish, but I like metalcore so that's a good thing comin from me. Regardless, the chorus was basically just amazing haha.

I like how you changed the drums for the main theme melody. It made it sound a lot catchier for some reason. Pre-verse was kinda boring and filler like the verse. It just didn't really do anything for the song. It sounded uninspired.

The solo was pretty sweet. Had nice melodies and shreddage in there. Interlude was good also, and I really liked the chorus at 160 rather then the original 190 it was at. Outro fit good after the chorus too.

Overall, this is a pretty cool song, except for the verse. Everything was pretty sweet man, just try to fix up the verse. It's been quite a while since I've heard a melodic metal song like this on here that was actually good lol. Awesome work man, keep it up :peace:

Thanks, but honestly I disagree with you about the verse. It's certainly inspired, I think it functions well as a place where the vocals can be more prominent since the rest of the song is very much about the guitars.

zakatak9389
03-26-2008, 01:07 PM
^Well ya I can see what you mean about the vocals thing man. I just felt like I've heard it so many times before imo.