Progressive BTBAM-ish song (PTB)

PDA

View Full Version : Progressive BTBAM-ish song (PTB)

jpgilbert701
03-27-2008, 12:49 PM
So here's a song that i've been working on today. It's far from being done as it's still missing a lot and I need to work out some transitions but I think you'll get the gist of it. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

BUMP/EDIT:OK I have changed a few things around and added a part to the clean guitar at the end but im not sure if im going to keep it there.

-Measures 59-70 are going to be there for a bass and guitar improv solo thing.

-The part leading into the clean guitar will be resolved by our drummer to make it flow better.

-Im also uploading a MIDI sequence that can stream on windows media player too for those people who dont want to be watching the tab.

Tell me what you guys think

Kramer1309
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Wow - sounds like you;ve been listening to colors alot.

Its really nice though - really like the jazz guitar part - riffs are great

Maybe add a sweet bassline, record it and then id download it :P

jpgilbert701
03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow - sounds like you;ve been listening to colors alot
Indeed. I'll admit that i ripped the big triplet part off from white walls...At least I tried to add my own thing to it.

=D

Green_Jelly
03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Sounds like something you definately need to record.

Noverion
03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Man, Colours is a damn fine album :)

jpgilbert701
03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
wow thanks. I didnt think it was that good at first but thanks to these comments im gaining a bit of confidence.

danilo19
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
I really enjoyed that. The intro was really melodic then went into the thrashy metal like BTBAM would do. I'm pretty sure measure 28 is the exact same thing thing PauL plays at the end of "Prequel To The Sequel" of the new CD Colors. If that wasn't intended be proud you thought like him for that bit. haha It did get a bit repetitive but its good. Measure 42-49 was my favorite part. I really enjoyed 59 - 64 also. You've done a rather good job of writing something I could see BTBAM doing, thats a HUGE compliment cause I look up to them the most at the moment. Great job.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13499585#post13499585
Crit my song. thanks

jpgilbert701
03-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Wow - sounds like you;ve been listening to colors alot.

Its really nice though - really like the jazz guitar part - riffs are great

Maybe add a sweet bassline, record it and then id download it :P

Well me and my band will record it soon enough. We've already started recording another song and we're almost done with it. I guess once we've recorded this one i'll link you to our myspace (when we make it) so you can download it there.

jpgilbert701
03-27-2008, 01:12 PM
I really enjoyed that. The intro was really melodic then went into the thrashy metal like BTBAM would do. I'm pretty sure measure 28 is the exact same thing thing PauL plays at the end of "Prequel To The Sequel" of the new CD Colors. If that wasn't intended be proud you thought like him for that bit. haha It did get a bit repetitive but its good. Measure 42-49 was my favorite part. I really enjoyed 59 - 64 also. You've done a rather good job of writing something I could see BTBAM doing, thats a HUGE compliment cause I look up to them the most at the moment. Great job.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13499585#post13499585
Crit my song. thanks

I would but unfortunately I don't have GP on this computer and the one I do have it on is down. Sorry bro =\

Mike_Callahan
03-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Man that was really awesome.
Everything in it was great
The only thing i want to point out is that i didn't find much flow going into the clean part at the end.
Other than that amazing job :cheers:

jpgilbert701
03-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Man that was really awesome.
Everything in it was great
The only thing i want to point out is that i didn't find much flow going into the clean part at the end.
Other than that amazing job :cheers:

Yeah thats really the main problem im having. I want there to be some type of like jazz fusion chromatic stuff but unfortunately I have no clue as to how to write in that style. Which means i'll have to compromise and come up with something a little less cool. If you guys have any tips or ideas for that little part then feel free to let me know. I need as much input and help as possible. =D

EDIT: I was just listening to viridian and I figured I could do something like that as well and slowly lead it into the part thats already written.

Internal Chaos
03-29-2008, 10:06 AM
That song was really epic :)

Basically, the only constructive criticism I can offer is to try to watch some of the notes in the multistring fast riffs. Although you did it well, a lot of people tend to try to go into more complex things and screw everything up.

Congrats man.

jpgilbert701
03-30-2008, 07:27 PM
yeah, it sucks balls....
what the ****?

is this sarcasm?

Jonathan Trejo
03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Nah this guy has been flamming and being a jerk since i saw him posting on here. Lol just report his post and he'll be outaa here in no time lol. Sweet song anyways, c4c http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823979

ouchies
03-30-2008, 09:52 PM
It was good, but imo sounds way, way, way, way too btbam influenced.

ch715dallat
06-12-2008, 12:31 PM
^ how exactly is that a bad thing?

kylendm
06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
^+1 haha BTBAM are ****ing rad.

versusforever
06-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey, I really like this! Particularly the jazzy guitar bit, that's awesome, nice change in tone - adds a new sort of dynamic to the song. Would love to hear this recorded, tell us when!

Oh and if you've got a spare moment, crit ours? Probably not really your style, but if you could just give us a general impression? Cheers.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883338

spartan 118
06-13-2008, 10:36 PM
It was good, but imo sounds way, way, way, way too btbam influenced.

I agree. It almost sounds as if I'm listening TO a BTBAM song. I'm not sure if that's what you were going for or not, but I think you shouldn't rely so much on someone else's style and try to add your own flavor in the mix. Great job though, I enjoyed it.

:cheers:

HisShortness
06-13-2008, 10:54 PM
that was impressive... very much so. i really enjoyed it... the transitions were really smooth, except for the one at measure 62. its not terrible by any means but its not flowing as the rest of the song. i loved the riff that started at measure 50. i havent heard much BTBAM but if this is what they sound like i need to look them up

could you crit mine? i need an interlude in the one song and it seems like you could really help me out there yours were fantastic
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884261