Feelin The Blues

PDA

View Full Version : Feelin The Blues

imgooley
03-27-2008, 11:43 PM
So we all have the blues. What has happened to you that makes you feel the blues?

Dimebag22
03-27-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't really feel the blues right now.

Everything is going pretty good, which is why it's sometimes hard to write a good ol' traditional blues song. Really, nothing at this moment in time is really going wrong.

greglecompte2
03-27-2008, 11:50 PM
girlfriend dumps u

MrOtter
women...what else?

Beakwithteeth
Idk, sometimes I am feeling it for no apparent reason. That actually happens a lot...I guess now I am 'cuz in the other thread I realized I am white, can see, and don't drink.

imgooley
03-27-2008, 11:56 PM
women...what else?
Son House would agree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4aGAN1Ajb8&feature=related

Man, I can't find a job right now so I got the blues like a motherfucker

adave
03-28-2008, 12:05 AM
even if your not in a "blue" place yourself at the time there is so much pain and suffering in other peoples lives that you can empathize with and partially relate to that on a human level.
I think that's why the best blues artists have such a wide appeal - they can relate to the suffering of other people and by doing so connect with them.

imgooley
03-28-2008, 12:46 AM
I don't really feel the blues right now.

Everything is going pretty good, which is why it's sometimes hard to write a good ol' traditional blues song. Really, nothing at this moment in time is really going wrong.
You should post the entire drunk and ending up in the woods story :D

Dimebag22
03-28-2008, 12:53 AM
You should post the entire drunk and ending up in the woods story :D
:p: Maybe later... I'm too tired at the moment. Plus I don't remember half the shit I did that night. Apparently, I punched my friend in the face about 4 or 5 times really hard... yet I have no recall of that at all.

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 01:33 AM
well, I have clinical depression, so... everything is the Blues :sad:

not really though, it's under control

Women, being broke, pretty much the usual suspects, you know

but I found a job, now it's just them Wimmen that make me blue I guess

TeXaS_db
03-28-2008, 01:48 AM
all i need is a bottle of bourbon and my guitar to help me get through the blues.

imgooley
03-28-2008, 01:55 AM
all i need is a bottle of bourbon and my guitar to help me get through the blues.
Seriously. Whiskey and Wimmin..... done ruined my life :zzz:

Iceman 420
03-28-2008, 03:14 AM
School...and having wasted a couple hours in the most EPIC thread ever...

sre9981
03-28-2008, 03:39 AM
the world, whiskey, and women

the usuals...

imgooley
03-28-2008, 03:47 AM
How bout some stories? I'll tell one if no one else wants to.

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 04:10 AM
here is a story, a story so epic I had to make a blog for it

note: this is not me, I am not that crazy, I mean, I am a little crazy, but not like this

I had a job before this, I had a job before this. Ultimately it was that job that drove me into this. I worked at an aquarium, an aquarium with lots of money from the government so it was huge!

I was a Clean and Scrub man, we called each other in the C&S union. I scrubbed the inside of the killer whale tank. And after a while the boys in the C&S — the Clean and Scrub — we just sorta made it one word.

The killerwhaletank. The killerwhaletank, unh, the killerwhaletank, unh. I’m going into the killerwhaletank.

I got along with these two big beasts so well it was like they knew me. They looked at me with their hundred year-old eyes and it was like they knew me. I’d put on my scuba gear, my mask, my regulator and I’d fall into the tank with nary a sound, maybe a “ffflk”, and then I was underwater.

Sometimes I’d jump out, right in front of the window. When people are expecting a killer whale and they see a human they get spooked! Spooked. Anyways I’d do that.

But I was in the water this particular day, unbeknowst to me, Shamu and Bartholomew, their relationship had gone stale. Seems I was going in there so much, and I was looking so good, Shamu took a shining to me.

And they’re so smart those things you know. They’ve got all these human emotions. Love, lust, green-hundred-year-old-eyed jealousy! Bartholomew… was livid! Unbeknownst to me, I can’t hear a goddamn thing underwater!

He came up, he was bumping against me a lot. That stale, killer whale, bumping up against someone so pale and frail. How was I supposed to know the killer whale relationship had gone stale? Welllll…

He brushes up to me a couple times, his skin’s like sandpaper. I say, “Hey man, Bartholomew, what’s up? What’s goin’ on big fella? What is it? What is it? I don’t want to steal your mommy and I sure don’t want to take the place of your daddy. I only wanna be your friend.”

And he circled around, I thought we were all patched up and I was scrubbing and he took my, he came and he, he came and he, he ripped, he ripped my left arm off. I mean, the killer whale, they’re beasts of the deep, they’re quite docile and friendly in captivity but somewhere along the line, thousands of years of breeding just snapped and he took my left arm off, man. He took my left arm, my ****ing left arm.

“What is it Bartholomew?”

I spoke to him in a language he could understand as I came back! Beeoo, bwoo, bwoop, beeoo!

This was a mid song rant done by the weirdest singer ever

imgooley
03-28-2008, 04:18 AM
here is a story, a story so epic I had to make a blog for it

note: this is not me, I am not that crazy, I mean, I am a little crazy, but not like this

This was a mid song rant done by the weirdest singer ever
And who would that be?

Seriously, I couldn't scale that wall of text/

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 04:21 AM
And who would that be?

Seriously, I couldn't scale that wall of text/

you're a freaking college student for christ's sake, they do make you read there right? :haha

and I'll keep the author to myself

imgooley
03-28-2008, 04:23 AM
you're a freaking college student for christ's sake, they do make you read there right? :haha

and I'll keep the author to myself
Not only that, I'm an English major.

Seriously dude... who is it?

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Not only that, I'm an English major.

Seriously dude... who is it?

just listen, it's better from the horses mouth

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L8CvMDkwqfQ

imgooley
03-28-2008, 04:34 AM
just listen, it's better from the horses mouth

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L8CvMDkwqfQ
Hilarity
But I can see why you are the only one who lieks them

Carswell98
03-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Hilarity
But I can see why you are the only one who lieks them

:haha

actually it took months of my best friend bugging me to give them a listen,

I literally hated them to no end, because I didn't like Gord Downie's voice, but it grew on me

now I'm a huge fanboy

imgooley
03-28-2008, 04:40 AM
:haha

actually it took months of my best friend bugging me to give them a listen,

I literally hated them to no end, because I didn't like Gord Downie's voice, but it grew on me

now I'm a huge fanboy
You can keep the Hip, and I'll stick with the Keys.

And we could really have done all of this in the off topic thread

imgooley
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I have the blues. :(

Punk_Ninja
09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
What makes me "feel" the blues would be, alcohol dependancy, the opposite gender, family issues, other stuff like this.
If I struggle I can just think "My Dad's my drinking buddy and I haven't spoken to my sister, whom I live with, in a year."

imgooley
09-07-2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SBXo5_wd5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPHo4llDjtM

I have the latter.

slidething31
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
feelin the blues when I'm sittn outside in the afternoon with nothin to do. Whiskey to drink, same thing every day nothin new.

ze monsta
09-07-2008, 04:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik1d-Z3R4OI&feature=related

JilaX^
09-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Women, Life, The State Of Me.

Pretty much it.

Jimmy94
09-08-2008, 12:08 AM
I had a skin infection on my balls, I think it is going to improve my playing significantly.