First song I really liked. rock gp4, gp5 and midi

PDA

View Full Version : First song I really liked. rock gp4, gp5 and midi

Burning Raths
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi. This is the first song I post here. It's also the first song I am pretty happy with.
I have put much time in this, and it would be very nice if anyone would tell me what they liked/didn't like and such. I was inspired much by Dream Theater. The formates are mid, gp5, and gp4.

Since there is no lyrics to the music it's hard to give it a name... any suggestions?
Please comment! Thank you!

Burning Raths
03-29-2008, 10:45 AM
I would really like some replies...

Time Seller
03-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Nice, your two posts are exactly 1 minute apart... but on different days! Awesome! You timed that, didn't you? Well, aren't you a wily one.

Oh, there's a song. It was nice. I probably won't get into detailed comments because I just listened briefly through one time. Nice work. Kudos.

Burning Raths
03-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Nice, your two posts are exactly 1 minute apart... but on different days! Awesome! You timed that, didn't you? Well, aren't you a wily one.

Hey, you're right! I didn't even time that.

Thank you for your comment.

Jonathan Trejo
03-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Ill give u a detailed crit hehe :). The verse is nice but could use a lead right after bar 16. That high to low part should have some bass lol. So you can hear like something is coming. Chorus sounds like its forced meh... Maybe switch the powerchords for a progression. The lead after the chorus is gold!. Nice i enjoyed the lead. The ending solo is good. But i kinda wish it would be faster lol. It gets a little repetative at the end of the solo. But its good 6/10 You need a better solo. More lead work. And less repetivity. nice work thow. c4c http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823979

Burning Raths
03-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the review!

SHEEM
04-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Hiya, man, teenx for crittin' my thingie. First, improve the drums. You don't want to sound like Bill Bruford, doing ****ty triplets and runs on only the bass, snare and cymbal. Overall, the mixing of this exact rhythm, this square lead, and this basslessness, makes it a little robotic. String it, fix the bass and change the rhythm.

Mark []
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
This song sounds very boring. I think this is mostly the drum's fault, but I was also pretty annoyed by the boring synth sound. The 'high to low part' is the best part in the song, but it would sound a lot better if you would increase the tempo a bit.

If you have the time, check out one of mine
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=839101