The White Stripes

PDA

View Full Version : The White Stripes

Dog--
03-30-2008, 07:38 PM
A friend of mine gave me 6 of their albums a really long time ago, and I've just listened to about half of their album called 'De Stijl' and I really like it, can anyone recommend me some similar stuff. I wish I would've listened to them alot earlier. I really like the song 'Death Letter'.

I've only listened to De Stijl so far, nothing else, by the way.

DownInAHole.
03-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Similiar White Stripes songs, or similiar songs in general?

White Blood Cells is a great album, by the way. The entire thing.

imgooley
03-30-2008, 07:41 PM
1. There is a WS thread in Modern Rock.
2. death letter, It is a cover of a Son House son. Check the Blues and Jazz forum for further details

Metallica
03-30-2008, 07:43 PM
youd probably like most of the 'elephant' album. some of icky thump is really good. and yes, 'white blood cells'

Dog--
03-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Similiar White Stripes songs, or similiar songs in general?

White Blood Cells is a great album, by the way. The entire thing.
Yea, I've got that one, too. I'm still currently (as I type) listening to the rest of De Stijl, I'll give White Blood Cells a listen to after De Stijl.

The albums I've got are:

De Stijl
The White Stripes
White Blood Cells
Elephant
Get Behind Me Satan
Icky Thump

I'm looking for similar bands, btw.

As for the location of the thread - Sorry, I don't post here (bands) much, so I wasn't sure of much (I know, I should've read the stickies or whatever..)

DownInAHole.
03-30-2008, 07:47 PM
If you're into that style of music, check out Jack's other band, The Raconteurs. In my opinion, they're actually better. Their newest album, Consolers of the Lonely came out this week, so I strongly suggest you pick it up because it's amazing.

FrenchyFungus
03-31-2008, 05:59 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282432