My sweet shadow (cover) (gp5, gp4)

PDA

View Full Version : My sweet shadow (cover) (gp5, gp4)

eggo_boi_15
03-31-2008, 05:35 PM
This is my own cover of In flames - My Sweet shadow.

I think i composed it in my own style plus i composed it for a 7 string in A# Standard instead of In flames' Drop A#.
Plus i added a guitar/syth duet :D

Hope you likey :peace:

JSSynister
04-01-2008, 08:57 AM
interesting interpretation of one of the better tracks from soundtrack. Best parts were the the pre-verse and chorus, as well as the verses, which were my favorite part. The main riff and chorus' might be better without the fast doublekick, give it more of a crescendo with a still constant but slower kick, 8ths or even quarter notes.

Jonathan Trejo
04-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Sweet gotta love inflames lol... Very very cool cover 9/10 lol thats how much i like inflames :) c4c http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823979

Burning Raths
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I loved it! I imagine how good it would be with real instruments!
I will be trying to learn some of this on my guitar!

mikko 9119
04-01-2008, 03:19 PM
that sounds insanely sweet. I agree with burning raths (^) im gonna try learning this

The_Bass_Poet
04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Ahh. A very good take on a great In Flames song.

One major thing that annoyed me was that the lead guitar is too loud. Maybe try putting it on 12-13 it might make the whole song sound better.

I really don't know what to Crit on. The synth was excellent. So ****ing great job there. :peace:

The Keyboard/Guitar solo was interesting. Sounded kickass, really.

Overall, the whole thing was great.
So good work :peace:

~Loki <3

duncang
04-04-2008, 11:50 AM
That was properly fantastic, but man the sound of that brass ensembles is just annoying as all hell, so I changed it to sawtooth. I think you could have done some more interesting stuff with the chorus vocal melody, as the atmosphere it gives the chorus is what makes the song so great. I liked it a lot, though it's not really as different from the original as I had hoped it would be.

Return crit link's in my sig.