A Whisper Amongst War - classic rock/power ballad maybe [GP5] !WIP!

PDA

View Full Version : A Whisper Amongst War - classic rock/power ballad maybe [GP5] !WIP!

JSSynister
04-01-2008, 05:31 AM
thread title genre is more a best guess more than anythign i dont really know what genre this is. Its long, initially mostly piano and clean electric guitar, a couple building chorus', a slow solo, an all piano interlude that leads into a orchestra backed climax, and not sure where to go from there

instrumentation-
instrument pan
grand piano center
electric guitar (clean) center
electric guitar (clean) 5 left (capo on 12th fret)
electric guitar (clean) 5 right
overdriven guitar center
overdriven guitar 5 left
overdriven guitar 5 right
electric base center
percussion center
violin* 3 left
viola* 1 left
cello* 2 right
contrabass* 3 right

*all the string instruments represent string sections, they sound a bit rough in the midi, but I've tyred it in FLstudio with a VST plugin of mine, sounds very good.

edit - added GP4 format to the zip

Jonathan Trejo
04-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Critting as i listen...
I love your chord progressing how you go up and down then hit the main 2 notes. Thats awesome . The intro is alright but i wish you would of added some sythn lol. The Lead fits very nicely.I really like that riff at bars 58-62 The x notes are used way to repetivly It kinda hurt my ears lol. The piano at the end is cool. But you should really add a whole lot of lead guitar in there. It sounds so lonley and empty with out the lead. I think right now you've got some great riffs working. Theres alot of depth in your rhythm witch i like.anyway great job, And you said u recorded it right? if you dont mind can i see the recorded copy ? o yeah and c4c http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823979

JSSynister
04-01-2008, 06:14 AM
I've just done a test recording of the rythms and leads in later part of the song, where its played over the ochrestal parts, just to get a better idea how it sounds as a finished product but thats all. I could cut together just that section and export it to mp3 if you want.

Jonathan Trejo
04-01-2008, 06:16 AM
yeah put one on your profile lol.

JSSynister
04-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Done . Didnt have a saved project file, but still had recordings. Its just the guitars and string sections, no drum or base. Not the greatest quality recording. Im a bit of a noobie when it comes to recording and not the cleanest guitar player either but its enough to get a good idea of the sound

eggo_boi_15
04-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Wow this was pretty amazing. Cant find any problems with it, all the instruments worked so well together, one thing though, the drums were like inaduadible :wtf: :haha

Other than that, great work mate. not much i can say apart from its amazing. 9/10

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826390 :peace:

SsPunk
04-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Couldnt open the gp5 cause my version is 5.0 and illegal, hehe.. so it's harder to analyse as much..

anyway, i listened to it on your profile, and really liked it, everything worked well together, the piano did seem a little drowned out in the first section when the guitar came in though although it wasn't perfectly in time, it was really quite pretty :)

did you think of the name first or the song after the name?

JSSynister
04-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I came up with the song title not long before I posted, while I was writing it it was just "WIP17"

edit - added GP4 format to the zip