3 Legged Cat (Working title lol...upbeat song) (GP4)

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Legged Cat (Working title lol...upbeat song) (GP4)

alexruimy
04-02-2008, 02:10 AM
http://www.alexruimy.com/uploads/gp/3leggedcat.gp4

Something I've been working on lately. I'm actually having a lot of trouble coming up with lyrics to the melody line, esp the prechorus. Anyone wanna collab maybe? I'd love to hear thoughts. I think the bridge with its tension chords and counterpoint vocal line is one of the best single parts I've ever written.

(ps, this is already copywritten. don't know what the standard policy here for disclosing that info is)

Jonathan Trejo
04-02-2008, 02:24 AM
At some times the vocal line seems alright. The rhythm guitar is great. The drums are awesome very well written. Great job. Iunno much about writing lyrics cause i'm actually starting to write lyrics... I'm writing a song right now with lyrics lol. So lets see how that turns out... If you need help pm me or msg me on aim my aim is ledzbounz. Can u crit my song? i just wrote it 2 days ago lol... http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823979 ps: Once you put your name in the score in gp and u add in the copy write bar that its copy written then you should be ok. Besides its highly unlikely someone who have the guts to do such an awful thing and take someone elses music...

Martindecorum
04-02-2008, 02:24 AM
thats an awesome song, well done, im really suprised normaly when people say check out my GP song they 20 bars and there like empty this was a full great song, wqell dojne

alexruimy
04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys :)

Its_Rock77
04-02-2008, 11:21 PM
thank you. I love seeing something other then metal on here.

and I've got to say, this was one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard on UG. It flowed awesomely and, although simple, it was pretty much perfect. I think you can make more use of the lead guitar though. And the only thing I really didn't like were the lyrics you had during the bridge. they seemed a bit cliche and didn't seem to quite fit the message that the music was sending. It's hard to explain. I did like the last line "here I am, but where are we?" though.

otherwise, awesome! I guarentee I will take a lot of inspiration from this song. I hope there's many more. :cheers:

alexruimy
04-03-2008, 07:26 PM
wow, that's a hell of a compliment lol. thank you. :)

i wrote lyrics for this song that were really tentative (definitely not gonna post them lol) and went along with the same theme as the bridge. there are times i'll deliberately contrast the feel of the song with the feel of the lyrics and this was one of those times. fwiw, 99% of my lyrics are breakup lyrics.

there are many (many many) more. i'll post some soon.

Carl6661
04-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks or the crit on my soon dude!

Haha wow, I haven't heard anything like this in here before, it's normally all 'Epic-Power-Metal' or Deathmetal! But this is a nice change!

I must say, the drums are really cool throughout, and theres alot of good chord choices!
Also, the vocal line is very catchy!

My favourite part was the chorus, for somereason. It reminded me off like a punkyer/rockisher version of Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer! While is a good song!

Oh wait no, the bridge is better! (Im critting as I listen)
Amazing stuff man! Amazing all over here, perfect for the song!

Chorus 3 is nearly as good though, good drums!

Overall, amazing dude! 10/10!

bloodshed344
04-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Really good song, I like it a bit better than your other one, this song flowed real well and I would love to hear the real version.

Goob job.

alexruimy
04-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Don't have a real version yet. The guitar lick is hard to play and preserve the same inner melody you hear on the GP version; I'm workin on it. My friend, however, recorded himself singing the bridge (the best part of the song imo) over the GP file. I'll post that as soon as I can find it.

alexruimy
04-14-2008, 11:45 PM
here's my buddy singing the bridge. i love the counterpoint part halfway through. the audio is the gp file lol.

http://www.alexruimy.com/uploads/audio/3lc.mp3

Its_Rock77
04-14-2008, 11:52 PM
your friend has a good voice. and it sounded sweet.

just thought I should reply since this was a repost of something you said before :p:

tiammetadeth
04-15-2008, 02:39 AM
great job dude...the reversed chords are great...
the harmony with the vocals is great...and yeah u have a pretty good vocals :D

alexruimy
04-15-2008, 01:34 PM
reversed chords?

tiammetadeth
04-16-2008, 10:03 AM
:S when the root is considered the higher note?...maybe they're called inverted, not reversed....anyway they are nice :p whatever they're called