Birth (Experimental, GP4 + MP3)

PDA

View Full Version : Birth (Experimental, GP4 + MP3)

duncang
04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Here's a very experimental piece I've just finished, featuring a guitar, drum kit, harp, piano, saxophone and pan flute...with blastbeats. I think it works, however. Crit for crit as always.

If you don't have Guitar Pro you can listen to it on my profile.

divid3d
04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
i haven't listened to it but i bet it's crap.

eggo_boi_15
04-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Critting as i listen

Bars 1-8 were pretty good, i love the melody created by the saxaphone. Fits really well, the harp also fits very well.
The drums could be better in my opinion, but i love technical drumming, so dont take that comment much to heart :p:

Couldnt really hear the pan flute too well, but its a good melody nonetheless.

I think the tempo change could be more interesting if there was some sort of backing strings, but when the sax came in it grabbed my attention again.
That piano variation on the chord progression also grabbed my attention.

Other than that, pretty good piece. Not usually what i listen to but good nonetheless. 8/10

Octavarium666
04-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow Eargasm, I think its prety athmosferic and build up into an explosion of notes. Realy good work. The only thing that bug me are the bars where nothing is played..it kills the mood.

But nothingless it remains an amazing piece of work 9/10.

The_Bass_Poet
04-05-2008, 01:14 AM
i haven't listened to it but i bet it's crap.
Why the nasty comment?

Anyhow, this is a very interesting peice.
One of the main things I picked up that didn't sound too great were the drums.
They didn't seem powerful enough. Drums usually make the song.
Your drums just sounded completely out of place.

I think the song would sound better without drums. But then again, that's completely against what you were going for :p:

Great work either way, the drums just annoyed me. Maybe if they were a bit more interesting it would sound better?

Keep playing with it. :peace:

Mind critting mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828614

~Loki <3

Its_Rock77
04-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Why the nasty comment?

I think that was sarcasm since duncang usually posts some pretty awesome songs. I could be wrong though....

but I'm listening now.

I'll just completely skip over all the compliments since I don't have much time. :p:

I didn't like the piano at 5. didn't really fit the beat I guess. I don't know.

drums at 109 had too much cymbal. and then at 133 was too much also.

and I think the last chord would sound better with some higher range pitches added on.

other than that, I really enjoyed this. great job. :cheers:

Matt Chavie
04-05-2008, 02:14 AM
That was pretty awesome, I liked the 3rd section most. The sax seems like a good vocal melody. Bar 60-end of clean section was also great very calming. The sweeps were a little crazy but fit in nicely. Good part writing for everything. My first 10, congratulations. 10/10

duncang
04-05-2008, 07:09 AM
I didn't like the piano at 5. didn't really fit the beat I guess. I don't know.

Well, that piano part is a polyrhythm, the piano's playing in 4/4 while the rest of the instruments are playing in 3/4.

Also about the cymbals, you clearly have a problem with the 'chinese cymbal' sound, at 109 it's just every beat and the blastbeat at 133 is just that, a blastbeat. That's the point.

MadMudgeN
04-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Pretty ridiculous, in the best of ways. I hate midi sax though, I will say that. I dig it; I like the choice of ending riff and the execution. I do think the midsection gets a little boring although I can suggest no remedy, and the riff right after the key sig change sounds really (too) familiar to a DCFC progression, but overall, nice work 9/10

Of_Wolves
04-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Wow. Definately awesome.

I have to say the idea of pan flute harp and such, with a blast beat, sounded a bit weird. But I got to tell you man, when your listening through it, it doesn't seem wierd at all, fits really nicely. I think you may just be the master of crescendo. my friend lol

I have to say though the polyrhythm takes a bit of getting used and that middle section with the few instruments (like piano and harp or something) does seem a bit bare. But never the less both these sections work how they are.

Nice one. :D

Crit?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830428

duncang
04-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I think you may just be the master of crescendo. my friend lol

Thanks a lot, but when you're calling me that based on this song, maybe you should listen to a song of mine like Floorboards, that's one 12 minute crescendo.