My first lick.

PDA

View Full Version : My first lick.

Jcore44
04-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Hi guys, I've been playing for a few weeks now and I don't know much, but here's a quick solo type thing I made up while I was mucking around. Tell me what you think.

e----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------------------------------5---7---7b---7p5----------
D----------------------------5-------5---7---7b---7---5-------5--------------------------7-----
A-------------------5---7-------7---------------------------7--------------------------------------
E----------5---8------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend:
b - string bend
p - pull-off

dgme92
04-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Good to see you're using your scales, good work, keep it up! :cheers:

Jaysifer
04-05-2008, 07:48 AM
nice :golfclap:

I like the inclusion of the note bends. what sort of speed are you playing it at?

sam_guitar1
04-05-2008, 04:59 PM
what scale is that?

Of_Wolves
04-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Looks like an A pentatonic to me. I guess.
Nice one.

Keep playing!

Crit?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830428

Jcore44
04-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah it's A pentatonic, but I don't think it's got the right notes... But it sounds kinda cool anyway, and I made it on an acoustic, I don't own an electric. So yeah =P Hmm I don't know how to work out how fast it should be played, just whatever sounds best I guess, not too slow, not too fast.

wirehead
04-05-2008, 08:30 PM
It, sounds really good when you play it....good job. :D

Jcore44
04-06-2008, 02:57 AM
I changed it around a little and added a bit on. It could be a complete solo now I guess. My first one ever :)

e------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G--------------------------------------------------------------------5---7---7b(8)---7b(8)---7b(8)
D-----------------------5-------5---7---7b(8)---7---5-------5-------------------------------------
A--------------5---7-------7-------------------------------7-----------------------------------------
E-----5---8-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(contiues)
e----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G----------7p5------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------7~~~------------5-------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------5---7------7~~~----------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
I changed the bends so you know how far to go, thanks to Avedas for teaching me that. I put only half step because when I play it, I don't really bend it that far at all. Plus I'm a noob :)

Colgate Total
04-06-2008, 03:04 AM
You know I wrote the exact same thing, only a step higher (two frets, whatev).

Avedas
04-06-2008, 03:17 AM
^lolowned.

Nice lick. Although one thing you may want to look out for is when tabbing a bend, put what pitch you're bending to. For example:

--------------
--------------
---10b(12)----
--------------
--------------
--------------

Bending a Full Step.

--------------
--------------
---10b(11)----
--------------
--------------
--------------

Bending a Half Step.

Jcore44
04-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Oh okay, I didn't know that, but now I do. Okay well it's a half step.

Yeah shut up Colgate, you so did not write the exact same thing.

Colgate Total
04-06-2008, 03:51 AM
Oh okay, I didn't know that, but now I do. Okay well it's a half step.

Yeah shut up Colgate, you so did not write the exact same thing.

:haha

Well it wasn't note for note, I think I had about one less bend, and maybe a bit more hammer ons, but it was pretty damned close.

I'm not trying to offend you, or insult you, mang. You know, it's a great scale you used, one of my favourites too.

jtmj121
04-06-2008, 03:52 AM
i like the sound of it... played it kinda slow gave a bluesy feel

Jcore44
04-07-2008, 03:02 AM
:haha

Well it wasn't note for note, I think I had about one less bend, and maybe a bit more hammer ons, but it was pretty damned close.

I'm not trying to offend you, or insult you, mang. You know, it's a great scale you used, one of my favourites too.

I know :(

It's like the most common to solo with I guess...

Sorry for ripping on you in the pit the other day :D

DarkTom666
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Nice one :)

Oh gosh do I remember my first lick :rolleyes: