Metal song (C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Metal song (C4C)

oh... THAT guy
04-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't know quite what sub-genre of metal this fits in to, but it reminds me of old-school Machine Head and Chaos AD Sepultura. It's by my band Omerta and from our EP called 'Evil, Personified' (Get it...?) and it's called Dominance.

Jonathan Trejo
04-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Its alright. Maybe add some extra notes in yur main riff. To speed it up, Cause its kinda cleashe. I like what u did at bar 18 with the bass.. That riff at 25-27 was great. for your sake i hope your band can play the solo lol. Some parts are good but alot of times its too repetitive. Nice try thow... 6/10 crit 4 crit. Beloved in my sig please :p:

MarchOfEternity
04-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Thx for critting mine! Now, about your song, I like it! Although on some part there was *liiiiittle bit* too much chord chugging, it's still nice.

However, with such genre of music, I was expecting some sort of breakdown :( (or perhaps I'm listening to Megadeth too much lol). I think it kinda drags a bit in the part after the solo, which could easily be solved by inserting a breakdown or a progression. IMO, one that is executed nicely could easily makes the song two times better. Also the solo could use more build-up, as 4 bar is too short, although, the solo itself is pretty sweet. And hard. lol. Perhaps make it 8 bar?

But all in all, nice song, I'd give it an 8/10. It could very well be a 10 if you put some nice progression or breakdown there.

oh... THAT guy
04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks MarchOfEternity, I'll keep that in mind