metal-ish song [gp4,gp5]

PDA

View Full Version : metal-ish song [gp4,gp5]

Gerbs
04-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Random little song I made up - some of the parts get a little boring on their own, but that's where drums and vocals are supposed to be more prominent.

Crit for crit, any constructive comments appreciated,

Gerbs.

uberphreak
04-07-2008, 03:54 PM
That's pretty ****ing awesome, IMHO. Nice work. Put some kickass drums to that **** and it'll be great!

The one part I'm not sure about is towards the end with the two measure pause after those little riffs you have there. I know you're saying that'll be filled with other things but it's a bit long of a pause for just drums or vocals to be going. *shrug* I could be wrong depending on what you do with it, just offering constructive criticism. :) Good luck.

Gerbs
04-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I was thinking that myself, perhaps a clean part in the rests would sound better?

adaeha
04-08-2008, 09:23 AM
I liked this alot, I thought it was really groovy :). Thought the harmonizing was pretty cool. I found it a slight little repetitive though. I agree with you that a clean part would fill the rests up pretty well =).

Uou might want to consider using markers, because I didn't have a clue what riffs would be verses, chorus or whatever :)

KnifelineAttack
04-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Cool riffs. Some of it seems to go on for too long at some parts, but then again I don't know how the vocals/drums fit into it.

Overall, I'd say about 7.5/10. Pretty solid song and the riffage was awesome, but I would've liked to a solo! :D

Carl6661
04-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the crit!

As I listen, Intro riff is cool!
But the lack of drums makes everything seem really repeatative.

Also, the tab isn't labeled so I can't tell verse from chorus or whatever, that always puts me off a bit. :(

Sort of sounds a bit KsE-ish, there's been alot of that lately in this forum.
Oh well, it's cool!

A bit on the repeatative side, maybe a recording with drums & vocals wouldn't have that problem!

So far, 8/10!

Azrael`
04-08-2008, 08:21 PM
its good if youre just starting to compose but to be critically honest its an incredibly un - inspired piece of music.

Repetitive and very cliche standardized metalcore song.

my suggestions ?

vary the riffs stop playing that same riff over and over again. a solo would be nice but not necessary. More riffs ! try not to fall into that metalcore progression.. its been done try something different and add a variety of possible solo techniques into your riffing. and add more structure, does not have to be you're A-typical structure but add a bridge etc.

5 / 10