Another new song C4C [gp4, gp5, midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Another new song C4C [gp4, gp5, midi]

6_6_6_1_syn
04-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Here's my band's new song. :D

Check it out, tell me what you think, any advice or suggestions appreciated. I'll give C4C.

psychokiller99
04-08-2008, 01:31 AM
pretty cool dude very intricate, my hats off to you. i'm not really into that kinda music but i def give you props for comin up with something like that. i liked the appregio part. it was a little different than what i was expecting so it was cool. but it ends kind of abruptly no? maybe add something to the end, give it a little more closure!! yeah!! that's my two cents, anyways, if you would crit me song on my profile, it's called rain on me, that would be great thanks!!

6_6_6_1_syn
04-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Thanks! I'll get to that right away. And as for the end, we actually fade it out repeating the arpeggio, but I'm extremely lazy and didn't tab it in GP with the fade out. Hahah.

psychokiller99
04-08-2008, 01:37 AM
^ah i see, well that makes sense then lol

psychokiller99
04-08-2008, 01:51 AM
hey dude thanks for the feedback on my song. it seems you caught me on my weakest qualities lol. my headphones aren't really loud, so it was hard recording to the metronome cuz i would just drown it out and lose track of time. but yeah i've recorded the drums (which came out perfect this time :) ) and the guitars and all, just gotta do the vocals, but i'm having a hard time recreating the things i liked about the take you heard lol. anyways, thanks a lot for the feedback, i really appreciate it. :)

6_6_6_1_syn
04-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Anytime man. Let me know when you have the new version posted. I'll be sure to check it out.

But don't get me wrong, I may have caught you on your weakest quilaities but I thought it was great and it kept me interested the whole way through. Sometimes I'm just a tough critic. :rolleyes:

psychokiller99
04-08-2008, 01:59 AM
well no, that's the thing about that take i dislike is that i couldn't get the drums right lol, but i had just gotten the set the day before, so i've improved since then. but yeah, i'll let you know when i get the new one posted up, thanks for the crit.

bloodshed344
04-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Pretty good even though I don't like metalcore.

The time signature changes were cool and some rhythm parts were pretty meshuggah like.

I really didn't notice a flaw except that it was too metalcorey, but that's just me.

Check out my topic if you want to.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831675

6_6_6_1_syn
04-08-2008, 02:09 AM
Don't you think thats a bit prejudiced of you, to count its resemblance to metalcore as a flaw? :rolleyes:

Haha but thanks for the reply. And I agree this is probably our most 'metalcorey' song, but thanks for the kind words. :D

I'll get to yours right now.

BKGMorley
04-08-2008, 08:33 AM
oh man!!! im not into the tpye of stuff ur doing but i know a good muso when i hear one, that was sweet man. the riff at 74 was metal as, btw go easy on those harmonys.

Gerbs
04-08-2008, 09:08 AM
That sounded really good (even better with the RSE on :p), I liked it all - I think the only thing that you should change in it is the harmony - make two lead guitars play the same thing occasionally, rather than harmonizing all the time - but this is just my personal preference, I think too much harmony clutters the song. Still, great work.

Crit this (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832100) please, if you would be so kind.

P.M.
04-08-2008, 12:55 PM
really great song man, i'm impressed...i can see the talent.....
btw. i have a song written in guitar pro and i was wondering if you could add some drums to it....something like in your tabs, but maybe less breakdown-ish :))...i really like your style so i'm hoping for a positive response..(i can't write drums for ****)
Thanx!

btw. I checked your myspace page, some sick songs, i like :)).......

6_6_6_1_syn
04-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks Gerbs, we might try that. It seems like a lot of people think theres too many harmonies. I'll crit yours asap.

And P.M., I'll message you. :D