Acoustic blues recommendations?

PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic blues recommendations?

prichie
04-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Anybody know any good acoustic blues albums or songs. I'm not looking for fingerstyle or slide stuff either. Think Buddy Guy - Blues Singer, KWS - Blue on Black, Hendrix - Hear My Train a Comin'. Stuff like that, played with a plectrum.

100%guitarmad
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
ball and biscuit by the white stripes!

mps59
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Try "Life By the Drop" from Stevie Ray Vaughan. Also, anything from Buddy Flett, but specifically "Honky Tonk" and "Run From the Levee."

Carswell98
04-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Hard Time Killing Floor Blues- Skip James

Walking by myself- Freddie King

imgooley
04-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan Unplugged. Joe Bonamassa's Sloe Gin album has a couple acoustic songs. Other than that, you won't find much non-fingerpicked, non-slide acoustic blues

EDIT: The Beggars Banquet album by the Stones has some good tunes. Also check out Mofro. They got a bunch of tunes.

ze monsta
04-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Why not anything played with fingers? It makes no difference...

AND I'm UNBANNED BITCHES.

It's good to see you again, guys. :p:

prichie
04-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Why not anything played with fingers? It makes no difference...

AND I'm UNBANNED BITCHES.

It's good to see you again, guys. :p:

It's nothing against fingerstyle... I just don't play fingerstyle. And I've got plenty of good classic fingerstyle/slide blues in my collection. Just wondering if there is stuff out there that I am missing from this small genre. Thanks for all the recommendations peeps... btw Ball In A Biscuit isn't acoustic unless there is another version out there that I'm not aware of.

ze monsta
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
It's nothing against fingerstyle... I just don't play fingerstyle. And I've got plenty of good classic fingerstyle/slide blues in my collection. Just wondering if there is stuff out there that I am missing from this small genre. Thanks for all the recommendations peeps... btw Ball In A Biscuit isn't acoustic unless there is another version out there that I'm not aware of.

No, B&B is never played acoustic. But I don't see why you can't play a fingerstyle song with a pick, or an electric guitar song on an acoustic. It's still guitar. :confused:
That was my point.

gopherthegreat
04-08-2008, 08:02 PM
life by the drop - srv

geluidsterroris
04-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Booker white, robert johnson, skip james, etc.