Pantera or Damageplan

PDA

View Full Version : Pantera or Damageplan

Unherolike
04-10-2008, 02:45 AM
Anyone wanna weight in?
Now truthfully I enjoy them both but I find Damageplan a bit better. Like Dime stepped it up a bit from the Pantera days. The riffs are easier yet theres more to them. But thats my opinion. Anyone else.(I just started the hate fest Huh?)

spiderjerusalem
04-10-2008, 02:53 AM
first two, maybe 3 pantera albums were ****ing amazing. if you want to compare ALL of pantera to damageplan, its all damage plan. but, lets compare cowboys and vulgar display with new found power, the pantera **** wins for sure

Unherolike
04-10-2008, 02:56 AM
Yeah I love that album. And totally agree.

weez13
04-10-2008, 03:06 AM
i like phils voice better.....actually i only really like the song pride from damageplan but most pantera i hear i like

BLS-SDMF
04-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Too little information to really judge on. Pantera had a lot more albums out there. It's tough to say what Damageplan would have amounted to (although I really like their debut album a lot). If I had to rank Pantera's 5 big albums, and Damageplan's it goes something like this:

A Vulgar Display of Power
The Great Southern Trendkill
Cowboys From Hell
New Found Power
Reinventing the Steel
Far Beyond Driven

As for Dime's work, I think he wasn't up to par on New Found Power actually. His guitars didn't sound as "cut" or "sharp" for lack of better phrases then they did on Pantera. They were chunkier sounding, but not in a good way. Overall Pantera>>>>>>Damageplan.

Edit: But one of the good things about Damageplan was their (Dime+Vinnie) will to test the boundaries and expand their sound. Soul Bleed might be my favorite song that those two guys have played.

Wintersun>you
04-10-2008, 10:55 AM
They both fail.

talia.
04-10-2008, 12:57 PM
i say pantera.

Mental-lica
04-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Havent listened to enough Damageplan to determine