Tightening Tuning Pegs. Will it ruin intonation?

PDA

View Full Version : Tightening Tuning Pegs. Will it ruin intonation?

RatAtool
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Some of my tuning pegs are loose and I want to tighten them, but before I do, I want to know if it will ruin my intonation, or actually if anything bad will happen. My strings buzz and my pegs are loose. I would really like to know if this is the problem or if it is something else, thanks.

rancidryan
04-10-2008, 03:54 PM
almost certainly will be go ahead and tighten postback when yourdone and tell us the result :bounce:

meganh37
04-10-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure. I don't think it would, but I don't know.

LEPIV
04-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Intonation is pretty easy to adjust, so I wouldn't worry about that. In regards to the string buzz, that can be attributed to the height of the saddles or the bow of the neck. I would start with raising the saddle of each of the strings that buzz...

rancidryan
04-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Intonation is pretty easy to adjust, so I wouldn't worry about that. In regards to the string buzz, that can be attributed to the height of the saddles or the bow of the neck. I would start with raising the saddle of each of the strings that buzz...

if the pegs are loose though that can also make a buzz ts i would check both

p4wnkkthx
04-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Why would something behind the nut ruin intonation?

RatAtool
04-10-2008, 08:18 PM
I also want to know how to actually going about doing this. I don't want to ruin anything. If anyone could provide me with a step-by-step guide, that would be awesome, thanks.