Just a few GuitarPro songs. Crit?

PDA

View Full Version : Just a few GuitarPro songs. Crit?

Shortay
04-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi, I'm new to this whole GuitarPro thing, and I just thought I'd post 4 songs that I have completed up here for a bit of critique. So yeh, give it a listen and tell me what you think!

These songs consist of two bassists, a guitarist and a drummer. They were meant to be played with the band I'm in, which has this rather... unique... set up. Also, they are meant to be realistic, not something that only the skills of Satch, Gilbert and Vai all at once can play, but rather, a band with 4 teenagers >.>

Project 4 is not quite done yet.

So without further ado....

Its_Rock77
04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I really liked all of those. the only thing that really bothered me was that there always seemed to be a really fast tapping part and a rest right after it in your solos. I think you can vary it a bit more than that.

but the two bassists thing sounds awesome. I've always wanted to do that. :)

otherwise, you've got some really catchy, awesome songs not to mention that you've gotten great sounds out of gp. the instruments sound really good. great job. :cheers:

bloodshed344
04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Wow these are awesome.

I mean seriously these are some great songs right here. They all seem a little short though...

Are you guys an instrumental band? Lot's of little change ups and stuff just seem like it would be hard for vocals to fit in, especially with all the bass parts. I really liked every one of the songs, but the ones that stuck out were project 3 and project 4, not because they were better, just more memorable. I really liked these, and the bass interlude at the end of project 4 is one of the coolest things ever.

Also, crit mine if you want, just be warned...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831675

Shortay
04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the honest critique, particularly about the tapping part. I guess it's like a "habit" I have to break.

Shortay
04-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Bloodshed, thank you very much for the comments. I was just listening to some of your material on the "Weird Songs" thread. You also have quite the creative edge.