Wouldn't it be great if life were a musical? [Post-Hardcore/Whatever GP5/GP4/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be great if life were a musical? [Post-Hardcore/Whatever GP5/GP4/MIDI]

Thomasoman
04-13-2008, 04:42 AM
It's not finished at all. I just want some feedback before I go on with it.

dayzofdesire
04-13-2008, 04:49 AM
i'd be interested in reading some lyrics...but it's got some cool changes going on in the music. I really like it. what did you use to make it?

SGxMastodonxSG
04-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Oh wow, I think this is some of your best **** yet bro. Please, please continue.
You familiar with the band Trophy Scars? For some reason, that's who I was thinking of while listening. Very chill stuff and I can definitely imagine with vocals.
I'd love to hear it full band. Honestly, this song sounds like it could be one that I'd listen to regularly along with my favorite bands.
The transitions are very cool, and the harmonizing at bar 22 is way sick.

I thank you for making this section of the boards interesting.

Thomasoman
04-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Wow, thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm not sure if I like where I went with it, I'm really tempted to scratch everything after the clean harmony part and start again. buuut here's the update.

kylendm
04-13-2008, 04:13 PM
loved it =D

Valo
04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
It's amazing man, really well thought out; im not big on post-hardcore, but it was awesome man. The harmonies were sick....

but I have no idea where the guy thought this was sigur ros?

Ailes
04-13-2008, 05:30 PM
serras, I liked the beginning so far. If I had to put a finger on it, I'd say it carried a certain Alexisonfire -Vibe.
Though your later additions are rather confusing/off-putting, and personally not necessarily in a "good way". Bar 66/onwards tries to be Thrice and Bar 78/onwards comes across as a kinda out-of place metalcore attempt. It "could" work with better transitions, but then again if you like it go by what you feel.

If I were to spin this, I'd expand on the strong beginning and work it out from there.

PS, maybe I'm an old ****, but damn, the term "post-hardcore" gets thrown around an inflated lot these days when most of the time it's 'just' "indie rock". Maybe it's the "cool" term to say now, but there's not much "post" here, nor "hardcore" ^^