1 song, 1 half finished song, no idea for genre [GP5, GP4, MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : 1 song, 1 half finished song, no idea for genre [GP5, GP4, MIDI]

lanzaa
04-14-2008, 03:40 PM
yeah i have no idea what type of music those "songs" are but yeah... im ready to be eaten alive by UG

and no those notes arent totally random. all the notes u will hear were made up in my head first including the dumb time signatures they were in

acoginthesystem
04-14-2008, 03:50 PM
The one titled "weird" sounds like something I hear in the "math metal" genre.

O-52-A-50-R
04-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Odd but strangely nice and pleasant. It sounds like an intense boss battle in a video game :)

acoginthesystem
04-14-2008, 03:54 PM
The other one has a lot of parts that just sound like things I play when I'm exercising my fingers. I could dig the first one but the one titled "song" is not something I'm much into. The bass sounded cool in that song though.

"weird" 3/5
"song" 2.4/5

Just my opinion, don't take it too harshly.

opc100
04-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Odd but strangely nice and pleasant. It sounds like an intense boss battle in a video game :)
odd's only half of it. it's horrible. both of them. 16 8 isn't ever used, it should just be one 16 8 bar turned into two 4 4 bars. it'd just make sense because nothing is being gained form making it 16 8. and there are so many clashes. and i know people say that that's how music moves forward, people not confroming to the rules, but it's just wrong. sorry.

lanzaa
04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
odd's only half of it. it's horrible. both of them. 16 8 isn't ever used, it should just be one 16 8 bar turned into two 4 4 bars. it'd just make sense because nothing is being gained form making it 16 8. and there are so many clashes. and i know people say that that's how music moves forward, people not confroming to the rules, but it's just wrong. sorry.

i feel you. now that i think of it 16/8 was pretty useless. care to elaborate on clashes though? im not quite sure what you mean by that. is it to random?

O-52-A-50-R
04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
It's not something I would consider a song to play at a concert or anything. It's more just like an instrumental that you just follow the music (because it really doesn't stick to a melody or anything) I don't know really how to describe it but I think it's good for a jam but if it were an album I don't think I would buy it.

Better opc100?

opc100
04-14-2008, 04:08 PM
just, it's not in a key signature. a lot of the notes just don't go together. so yeah, it is a bit random.

O-52-A-50-R
04-14-2008, 04:11 PM
just, it's not in a key signature. a lot of the notes just don't go together. so yeah, it is a bit random.

The notes are definitely off, but I thnik it sounds sort of cool. Definitely interesting nonetheless.

Its_Rock77
04-15-2008, 12:02 AM
The notes are definitely off, but I thnik it sounds sort of cool. Definitely interesting nonetheless.

it has way too much dissonance. there was one part in "weird" where you only used tritones.

I really couldn't enjoy that at all. sorry.

and same with the other one although it was more of a "coherent" song. I know what you were goin for but it just wasn't my style.