Looking for a Song to play

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Song to play

darth awsome
04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Me and two of my freinds have a gig friday and we are looking for one last song to fill out our second set. We're looking for one that can be about 7 to 8 minutes long without getting boring, is relativly simple and isn't from Kind of Blue. We are set up are as two acoustic guitars and a bass guitar so something that is easily arranged would be nice.

Our set looks like this:

Set 1:
Minor Swing
All Blues
Spain
Impressions
Autumn Leaves

Set 2:
Oleo
*need song*
Spiral
Star Wars Jazz Instrumedley
Take Five

Thanks for any suggestions.

ms_tickley
04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
fly me to the moon?

sidvicious182
04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
haha jazz standards much?

cherokee. its hard as hell. but its awesome.

or like impressions or blue trane or whatever. i dunno. open up a real book.

SWLABR
04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
herbie hancock has some good stuff. if you're looking for standards I'd suggest watermelon man or something.

qotsa1998
04-14-2008, 08:52 PM
For jazz, try Ain't Misbehavin', and throw in a solo after the second verse. Definately not 8 minutes, but still seems pretty good. Kind of an early blues/jazz song, find it in a real book.

masterchief44
04-14-2008, 09:00 PM
why dont you try a bunch of easy, famous riffs?

or.................Coheed and Cambria? Acoustic some of their songs are kick-ass!

Try:

the Velourium Camper I-III from "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3"

The Final Cut I-IV (with Apollo I played right before the The Final Cut I) from "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness

eh (I didn't like the album very much) The End Chapter I-V from "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow" if you want

OR

Elf Tower New Mexico, Time Consumer, or Everything Evil from "The Second Stage Turbine Blade"

i KNOW it's not Jazz/Blues but at least it can be long and good

imgooley
04-14-2008, 09:12 PM
'Round Midnight
Epistrophy
Me and You Blues.
Something by Django