Amp settings for slash's tone?

PDA

View Full Version : Amp settings for slash's tone?

Treschen
04-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Guys

Can someone please help me to get a tone similar to what slash uses to solo?

I currently have a zoom G1X pedal, Fender frontman 15g amp.

awaiting your response.......

greggybhoy
04-17-2008, 08:27 AM
That amp really doesn't help, but try playing with a mid heavy setting and using your neck pickup.

webbtje
04-17-2008, 08:30 AM
For the last bloody time,

ULTIMATE SETTINGS THREAD.

*reported*

Matsols
04-17-2008, 08:36 AM
(slash uses the bridge pickup for most solos)

sowhat360
04-17-2008, 08:38 AM
For the last bloody time,

ULTIMATE SETTINGS THREAD.

*reported*

sometimes i wonder how making a questionable thread choice can really piss someone off.......i wonder what would happen if someone say..stole this dudes girlfriend or just even gave him a little sh*t about something?

Treschen
04-17-2008, 08:43 AM
LOL I dont want to know

The Jomo
04-17-2008, 10:04 AM
He's only saying that there is a thread just for that to cut down on extra posts. I have to admit every time I see "REPORTED" I'm like WTF, are we in friggin grade school, that aside I understand his frustration just not his immature overreaction.

bokuho
04-17-2008, 10:16 AM
(slash uses the bridge pickup for most solos)Nope, neck pickup. With the tone rolled back in fact, taking it even further from the tone of the bridge...

thebl@de
04-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Use the marshall distortion setting in your pedal..mess around with your amp's EQ using the ultimate settings thread info (turn off the effects pedal EQ feature..i think you can) and use the neck pickup if your playing solos..mess around with the tone knob in your guitar, dont just leave it at 10.

HeliuM
04-17-2008, 10:46 AM
The "Pu" distortion works quite well slash like tone. Use neck pickup, and mess around with the eq a bit.

Matsols
04-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Nope, neck pickup. With the tone rolled back in fact, taking it even further from the tone of the bridge...

No way.
Slash's tone is way more trebly than the neck pickup!
The only part I know for sure he's using the neck pickup is the start of the solo on scom.
Then he switches to the bridge!!

The Lesser Paul
04-18-2008, 06:46 PM
No way.
Slash's tone is way more trebly than the neck pickup!
The only part I know for sure he's using the neck pickup is the start of the solo on scom.
Then he switches to the bridge!! Yes way, Slash uses the neck pickup for most of his solos with the tone rolled back. He's even said so in multiple interviews.

Andy Jarvis
04-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Settings Thread

For the second time

*Reported*

BTW read the rules, once a thread is reported you must not continue posting.