Kerrang: 100 Best rock bands ever

PDA

View Full Version : Kerrang: 100 Best rock bands ever

greenhound
04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Theres a Music Channel called Kerrang! And they had this show about the 100 best rock bands ever, the results of the votes people sent in were just insanely wrong.. i mean ive never heard of a band called HIM yet it came 2nd. And apparantly Paramore are better than Greenday, Greenday came 12th Paramor came 7th .IT WAS JUST WRONG OK :rant: :angry: . still a good TV channel tho

tomathy
04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
greenday usually come first

but neither of them should have been in the top 50

loxer
04-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Sooooo old. There's a thread about that every week.

M.O.P
04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, but i'm not sure if you have ever heard of this but it's called an opinion.

Your_Dad
04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
you've never heard of HIM?

for shame...

SmellyHarold
04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Calm down, you know it can't be serious when Megadeth were at No.72..... You've never heard of HIM??? Blimey, have we found Osama at last??

SH

Eladamri
http://schwillz.com/stuff/total/pics/troll.gif

slashrules!!!
:confused: what's paramore??!!

axis56
Yeah, but i'm not sure if you have ever heard of this but it's called an opinion.

but surely all sense of opinion would say that elliot minor do not deserve to be in the top 5 ever

linus.d
04-17-2008, 11:43 AM
you've never heard of HIM?

for shame...

Really, how could you miss them? :confused:

wiggyisgreat
04-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Wow that's really surprising. I expected some decent non mainstream music to be in the top 100 as Kerrang is really really good.

HammettHead
04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Aye carumba!

*Sniff*

Is it... Is it dead?

Yeah. Thread Time of Death 4:43PM

M.O.P
04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
but surely all sense of opinion would say that elliot minor do not deserve to be in the top 5 ever

The top 100 is what people voted for, if they believe that Elliot Minor should be number 1 that's their opinion.

axis56
04-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Wow that's really surprising. I expected some decent non mainstream music to be in the top 100 as Kerrang is really really good.

and the greatest use of sarcasm award goes to

*drumz rollz plz!1!1!*

WIGGYISGREAT

axis56
04-17-2008, 11:46 AM
The top 100 is what people voted for, if they believe that Elliot Minor should be number 1 that's their opinion.

so obviously the publice need educating, or kerrang should actually tell the entire world to vote to get some validity

Chordzzz
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
100 Best X lists usually piss a lot of people off.

duncang
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Uh...great.

M.O.P
04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
so obviously the publice need educating, or kerrang should actually tell the entire world to vote to get some validity
They are voting for what they like.
I'm not sure what you like, but say you like Pink Floyd and Pink Floyd made it to number 1. People will be going Pink Floyd don't deserve to be number 1 Metallica do.
It's just personal taste.

GiantRaven
04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh shut up you ****ing idiot

What makes your opinion more valid than others?

Please kindly piss off :)

wiggyisgreat
04-17-2008, 11:50 AM

:haha +1

I would make some statement but I can't quite be arsed.

liam1107
04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
i believe it was called 100 best rock bands "EVER"
what the hell is with all this emo crap and teen rock dirt doing up so high.
i have a petty hate for ac/dc but they should be top 5.
along with the likes of led zeppelin and iron maiden.
those are the real classics that inspired

mrfrosty666
04-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Haha, +2!

Sabu
04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Well what do you expect from a channel that claims to be hard rock and metal yet favours Nickelback and MCR over Slayer and Black Sabbath? I just listen to my albums.

Ur all $h1t
04-17-2008, 12:22 PM

You see there are these things called opinions and people tend to have different ones...

Ichimaru
04-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Every time I flick over to Kerrang!, there's some crappy band on with their latest crappy song. Its called pop music, people vote for what they like at the time. You think anyone who voted for Elliot Minor has ever picked up an AC/DC, Iron Maiden or Metallica record? I think not.

GiantRaven
04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
OPINION. OPINION. OPINION. OPINION.

All these lists are are popular opinion polls

The most popular current bands are bound to get the most votes

Especially considering Kerrangs target audience

Every time I flick over to Kerrang!, there's some crappy band on with their latest crappy song. Its called pop music, people vote for what they like at the time. You think anyone who voted for Elliot Minor has ever picked up an AC/DC, Iron Maiden or Metallica record? I think not.

I don't own any Maiden or AC/DC albums, does that mean my opinion is invalid?

rocker007
04-17-2008, 12:42 PM
This looks like it could get either stupid or funny. Either way I'm subscribing.

slann101
04-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Theres a Music Channel called Kerrang! And they had this show about the 100 best rock bands ever, the results of the votes people sent in were just insanely wrong.. i mean ive never heard of a band called HIM yet it came 2nd. And apparantly Paramore are better than Greenday, Greenday came 12th Paramor came 7th .IT WAS JUST WRONG OK :rant: :angry: . still a good TV channel tho

becuase no ones ever heard of kerrang! its a magzine idiot and then a radio station folowed by a channel.

Liberation
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
You're right. It's just wrong. How DARE Kerrang dishonor Paramore like that. They should be #3. I'm calling the wahmbulence!

oh... THAT guy
04-17-2008, 12:45 PM
The worst thing was that Th Rasmus beat Led Zeppelin.
There is no way it should be called '100 Best Rock Bands Ever' but rather it should be called '100 Most Popular Rock bands At The Moment.'

GiantRaven
04-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Is the list anywhere online? I wanna see it...

Once again I would like to say to consider the average Kerrang reader

Chances are they're a 15 year old scene kid who doesn't listen to Led Zeppelin

Ichimaru
04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
I don't own any Maiden or AC/DC albums, does that mean my opinion is invalid?

Yes, because that was what my post said.
/sarcasm

Actually, come to think of it, it kind of does in way :P.
Unless you've listened to every song from every rock band, you're in no position whatsoever to make a valid statement about who is better than anyone else, be it opinion or not.

oh... THAT guy
04-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Is the list anywhere online? I wanna see it...

Once again I would like to say to consider the average Kerrang reader

Chances are they're a 15 year old scene kid who doesn't listen to Led Zeppelin
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080324061054AAn3HXQ

GiantRaven
04-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Actually, come to think of it, it kind of does in way :P.
Unless you've listened to every song from every rock band, you're in no position whatsoever to make a valid statement about who is better than anyone else, be it opinion or not.

True but it doesn't happen so oh well :p:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080324061054AAn3HXQ

NIN were 4th?

This list is awesome!

NSixx136
04-17-2008, 12:53 PM
dude! how have you never heard of H.I.M.!!!!! there soo amazing one of my favorite bands besides the crue

Saintsatan
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
What's a Green Day? Is it some kind of fruit?

sock_demon
04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
These top whatever lists are made by a person, or a group of people that think they have the right to rate music on a scale. To even subject bands to being rated is an outrage.

liam1107
04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
There is no way it should be called '100 Best Rock Bands Ever' but rather it should be called '100 Most Popular Rock bands At The Moment.'

yea i agree that the title should be changed and i also respect peoples opinions but i think its very closed minded that people are ignoring the 'TRUE' best bands ever...
the bands that sold millions of records and have been doing shows for soo many years.
but bands that have been out for two years get the top spots

GiantRaven
04-17-2008, 01:07 PM
the 'TRUE' best bands ever...

You're an idiot if you believe there is any such thing

Sabu
04-17-2008, 01:11 PM
yea i agree that the title should be changed and i also respect peoples opinions but i think its very closed minded that people are ignoring the 'TRUE' best bands ever...
the bands that sold millions of records and have been doing shows for soo many years.
but bands that have been out for two years get the top spots

Cliff Richard has been going since the 50s and sold loads of records, CLIFF RULES!

Korzack
04-17-2008, 01:12 PM
*raises Eyebrow* I knew there was a perfectly Valid reason I never watch that channel unless I have to... Also to do with the fact I found it tragically amusing they pixellate out Cigarettes. On a rock TV channel, of all things... :haha That's just a little bit ironic, don't you think?

mikko 9119
04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
How could you have not heard of HIM?? How??
http://schwillz.com/stuff/total/pics/troll.gif

:haha:haha

liam1107
04-17-2008, 01:22 PM
You're an idiot if you believe there is any such thing

of course there is. if i mentioned Aerosmith people would instantly recognise them. they are legends.
but what if i mentioned Pinkly Smooth, much fewer people would know who they were.

GiantRaven
04-17-2008, 01:24 PM
of course there is. if i mentioned Aerosmith people would instantly recognise them. they are legends.
but what if i mentioned Pinkly Smooth, much fewer people would know who they were.
Yet personally I think Pinkly Smooth are a much better band than Aerosmith...

There is no such thing as a 'true' best band. I mean hell, MCR came first...I bet a lot of people would instantly recognise them...but they don't count because they're a newer band?

liam1107
04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Yet personally I think Pinkly Smooth are a much better band than Aerosmith...

There is no such thing as a 'true' best band. I mean hell, MCR came first...I bet a lot of people would instantly recognise them...but they don't count because they're a newer band?

i aint a fan of MCR and i dont think they should have been number BUT in a couple of years after a few more album releases when they really proved themselves then i could say that they deserve it

GiantRaven
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
i aint a fan of MCR and i dont think they should have been number BUT in a couple of years after a few more album releases when they really proved themselves then i could say that they deserve it
Its a list voted for by the general population who voted for the bands they liked the most. How can you say that any form of 'deserving it' comes into things?

oh... THAT guy
04-17-2008, 01:41 PM
I think that once a band has established themselves as a timeless act rather than a bandwaggoner, then they should be in a Greatest bands list. Like Hendrix pioneered a genre, and so did Zeppelin, Sabbath, etc. and it's because young-ish people can still listen to and enjoy something made 40 years ago that makes them a great band.

duncang
04-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I think that once a band has established themselves as a timeless act rather than a bandwaggoner, then they should be in a Greatest bands list. Like Hendrix pioneered a genre, and so did Zeppelin, Sabbath, etc. and it's because young-ish people can still listen to and enjoy something made 40 years ago that makes them a great band.

...or not.

GiantRaven
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
You just listed three bands I don't care about in the slightest...

rocker007
04-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Cliff Richard has been going since the 50s and sold loads of records, CLIFF RULES!

Whaddya know? I was right. :p: