What guitars did john mayer use to record Continuum?

PDA

View Full Version : What guitars did john mayer use to record Continuum?

mlfarrell
04-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know?

Also what model is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTKkmaiWtYA

MrDinkleberry
04-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Nope. I'm guessing strats. But he does use a Gibson Melody Maker, I only know the guitars he uses live.

EDIT: And the Gibson he's using in that video is a Gibson ES-335.

theneildeal
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
he almost certainly used his Strat sig models. But he has over 200 guitars, so who knows. Maybe he used that Strat Monterey as well

mlfarrell
04-17-2008, 05:34 PM
He just may sway my decision between les paul & strat :cool: . I played my first electric in a store today. After being mesmerized by the lowww tension and easy fretting (so much nicer after playing acoustic), I noticed the les paul just didn't sit right on my lap and was heavy. I could get used to that kinda stuff though

mr_hankey
04-17-2008, 05:35 PM
According to an interview (possibly Rolling Stone?), he used his black CS strat for nearly all songs.

TeXaS_db
04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
He just may sway my decision between les paul & strat :cool: . I played my first electric in a store today. After being mesmerized by the lowww tension and easy fretting (so much nicer after playing acoustic), I noticed the les paul just didn't sit right on my lap and was heavy. I could get used to that kinda stuff though

get a ES-335, they r amazing guitars but r very pricey. if u like that look, look into the ES-339 they are a lil smaller and from what i have heard they play pretty good and r a lil less pricey (not alot tho)

WlCmToTheJungle
04-20-2008, 10:47 AM
dude, if you are going to want an ES 335, get an epiphone elitist! They are better (in my experience) sounding, play the same if not better, and are a only a little over 1k

bluesmaster
04-25-2008, 01:15 AM
I have an ES 335 and i have to say it plays like a dream, sounds like a dream and is just overall a sexy instrument ;)