The Hard Rock (and Metal!) Survey

PDA

View Full Version : The Hard Rock (and Metal!) Survey

Sherick
04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Y'all know what time it is? Yes, I started a little late this year (Santa, for Christmas I would like a calendar) but it's here nonetheless.

Once again, the outline/rules:
Ten categories in which I shall rank top 10/15/20/etc of whatever fits that category. The results come from none other than you the voter. Easy enough, you send me via PM or email a list of your personal top 10 from each said category, and I tally. I decided, by reason of general confusion, to strike the "ballad" category and just throw everything in to "song." Also a new category, suggested by a loyal voter, the all shiny "Riffs".

Now to clear up the confusion that always strikes. This is call the Hard Rock Survey for a simple reason: no two people can decide on what the hell "metal" is. Problem i've faced though is that certain elitist consider "hard rock" and "metal" to be two completely divisible entities. Hence a name change was in order. Either way you categorize it, the eligible artists remains practically the same. As far back as Cream, as recent as you care. Now last year I allowed Pink Floyd, which I am now retracting (great band, but unfortuantely not heavy.)
If you are confused about this or any of the rules, feel free to drop me a line and I will try to clear it up. If you are unsure about a certain artist, do the same.

So without further ado:

Greatest Guitarists

Greatest Bassists

Greatest Drummers

Greatest Keyboardists

Greatest Vocalists

Greatest Songs

Greatest Albums

Greatest Live Albums

Greatest Cover Songs

Greatest Guitar Riffs
Last year's results
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=41949052&blogID=269344417

Voting will end sometime in May, or possibly June, but no set date as of yet.

Perturabo
04-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Are they supposed to be links?

waldorphPRS41
04-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Your blog link is private too by the way.

Sherick
04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
jesus. Sorry, I'll fix that.