Carswell98
04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
all over that one

deet
04-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Pretty nice.

imgooley
04-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I would have downloaded it if I hadn't bought the album the week it came out.

Carswell98
04-23-2008, 06:36 PM
^ Yeah I realized that half way through DL'ing it :haha

I'm like...wait! **** I already have this ****ing song :mad:

TheDev01dOne
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
The blurb is retarded..

Since dropping his solo debut in 2000, 30-year-old guitarist/vocalist Joe Bonamassa has joined the ranks of magnificently talented young white bluesmen with box-of-rocks voices who sing about about hardships implausible for a life yet so brief (think Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Jonny Lang). In one searing Bonamassa favorite he wails, "If heartaches were nickels I'd be the richest fool alive."

But no one really cares that Bonamassa probably hasn't lived what he's singing about, because he sounds so good doing it.

The original guys who were probably aged about 30 or even younger when they wrote lots of classic blues songs are fine (Robert Johnson, Skip James etc. etc.).. But because JB is white and talented it's "implausible" that he's had heartaches?

No one cares that he's not lived it because he sounds good?? What a load of shiit.. People listen to him because he's passionate about what he's doing and because he's a damn fine guitarist/musician/singer/songwriter.. I'm pretty sure he writes most of his own songs and I don't think he just sits there writing some crap because it sounds bluesy and sad, he writes about his own experiences, so how could he have not lived his own experiences from his own songs?!! ..

Whoever wrote that crap deserves slapping

/rant.

Anyway.. I also would DL that if I didn't already have the album.

Carswell98
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
^ that was a good rant :p:

and I agree

imgooley
04-24-2008, 12:01 AM
^^
Double agree.

meh!
04-26-2008, 10:19 PM
People nowadays have these silly ideas about it being 'true' and crap. People can't seem to take a story anymore, i don't know why...

Were these people watching the Wizard of Oz screaming 'Scarecrows can't TALK!'?

imgooley
04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
^lololololol

The mighty meh strikes again.

TheDev01dOne
04-27-2008, 10:01 PM
It's not even that though, yes I don't know JB personally but I think all the songs he sings would have elements of truth to them, it's not like he's a pop singer with someone else writing songs for him to sing.

I think I would be seriously offended if I was JB and read that, basically Gibson who he is helping to promote and who are supposed to support him for it, are just insulting him about bull**** that isn't even really true.. Some stupid advertising guy locked in an office probably knows nothing about Joe, listens to a few songs and writes some crap that he thinks sounds good or funny or whatever and then sends it back to Gibson to put up on their website and hope it helps sell them guitars, no matter who it offends.

Pah seriously it annoys me a lot. I shall leave it there.

meh!
04-28-2008, 08:01 AM
But that's the point I was making? Every good story has an element of truth in it, because it's about people. The specific events are rarely important at all and they don't need to be true...

Not that I even listen to most blues lyrics, lol, they don't interest me... (they're usually a bit pish...)

johnny_tapia
04-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Cheers for that :cheers: