Need E Blue Scale Guitar Solo Help

PDA

View Full Version : Need E Blue Scale Guitar Solo Help

Vulicious
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi, Im playing in my school's spring concert and I am to do an improvised solo based on the E Blue Scale. So if anyone can help me, please send me the tab and it needs to be within a 12 measure solo. Persons will be credited accordingly.

Here is the E Blue Scale that I have to follow by:
E|---------------------------------------------0--3--3--0---------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------0--3----------------3--0--------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------0--2--3------------------------------3--2--0----------------------------|
D|--------------------0--2----------------------------------------------------2--0--------------------|
B|---------0--1--2-------------------------------------------------------------------2--1--0---------|
E|--0--3-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3--0-|

Thank You

TheDev01dOne
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
See, the key word that popped out at me was IMPROVISED...

So why do you need a TAB if you're improvising, kinda defeats the whole point of the excercise, doesn't it?

Just practice the scale until you have it memorized (Its much easier to play at the 12th fret BTW) and then improvise it like you're supposed to.

Dimebag22
04-30-2008, 05:44 PM
The definition of improvise: to compose, play, recite, or sing (verse, music, etc.) on the spur of the moment.

You can look at the Blues licks thread and find some cool licks to play and just convert them to the E Blues scale.

Vulicious
04-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Thank you and i made my solo.
Thx for the comments and guidance.

cds+stereo=life
05-01-2008, 11:59 PM
I prefer to play E Blues in seventh position on the A string.

E|-----------------------------------10-12
B|--------------------8-10-11-12--------
G|---------------7-9-----------------------
D|-------7-8-9----------------------------
A|-7-10-----------------------------------
E|------------------------------------------

Just seems to make more sense to me, and bends are more logical, so it should help you see where you're going if you're kinda new at this.