The John Mayer Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The John Mayer Thread

zaffie8808
05-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the official John Mayer Thread. Here you can talk about is solo work and with the John Mayer trio. Also amps, effects, guitars and anything else that has to do with John Mayer. Have fun!!

nt1440
05-02-2008, 09:18 PM
just like in the other john mayer thread?

search!

ColinElmhurstEX
05-02-2008, 09:24 PM
why does ANYBODY. like john mayer, honestly!

zaffie8808
05-02-2008, 09:26 PM

listen to his music it's amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HiIvW-5t7Y

ocelott
05-02-2008, 11:16 PM

John Mayer's the man dude! Typically, guys don't like him cause he writes softer stuff. and of course, because girls love him. So right away, his talent's desregarded and then he gets labeled as a sellout. For what? Because he doesn't shred? John Mayer writes music. Lyrics. I know I'm gonna piss people off by saying this, but I think more of John as an artist, than Jimmi Hendrix. You may not see it now, but John will be remembered as one of our guitar heroes in the future. A lot of people judge an artist simply because they've only heard a few of their pop songs... like Justin Timberlake... everyone hates that poor dude, well, guys at least. But if you saw his HBO special you'd think he's one hell of an entertainer. And that is what music is all about. To speak to the soul. Just like John's "Any Given Thursday" he's got a sick blues solo that's over 3 minutes long for the intro of "Man on the side" it's amazing. I wasn't too excited about his TRY album... but it was ok. My current favorite is his Village sessions album. Great stuff.

zaffie8808
05-02-2008, 11:20 PM
John Mayer's the man dude! Typically, guys don't like him cause he writes softer stuff. and of course, because girls love him. So right away, his talent's desregarded and then he gets labeled as a sellout. For what? Because he doesn't shred? John Mayer writes music. Lyrics. I know I'm gonna piss people off by saying this, but I think more of John as an artist, than Jimmi Hendrix. You may not see it now, but John will be remembered as one of our guitar heroes in the future. A lot of people judge an artist simply because they've only heard a few of their pop songs... like Justin Timberlake... everyone hates that poor dude, well, guys at least. But if you saw his HBO special you'd think he's one hell of an entertainer. And that is what music is all about. To speak to the soul. Just like John's "Any Given Thursday" he's got a sick blues solo that's over 3 minutes long for the intro of "Man on the side" it's amazing. I wasn't too excited about his TRY album... but it was ok. My current favorite is his Village sessions album. Great stuff.

Right on man it's seems like im the only one in the world that understands him. Untill now :D

nt1440
05-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Right on man it's seems like im the only one in the world that understands him. Untill now :D
or all of the John Mayer thread

im watching any given sunday as we speak

ehwalled
05-02-2008, 11:26 PM
STFU he doesnt have an official thread on here yet! What the hell people!!! Love John fantastic guitarist, song writer. performer is ok, but not stunning. i think he is would be a really cool guy to know.
I listen to Continuum every week at least once. He is putting out a new dvd in July? cant wait!!!! I absolutely love when he plays blues, it is wonderful!!!
Cant wait to see him at the Crossroads this year on the web. Have seen him live and it was good, not great, but good.

Hey did u all see he got a full sleeve tattoo? Doesnt bother me, but i guess some fans are pissed. WTF, get a grip people, or maybe get a life lol

nt1440
05-02-2008, 11:27 PM
id say 63 pages is a little official

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484760&highlight=john+mayer

ocelott
05-02-2008, 11:29 PM
or all of the John Mayer thread

im watching any given sunday as we speak

you mean ANY GIVEN THURSDAY??? LOL

well... someone's gotta like him I mean... he's only known world wide. lol John Mayer is my inspiration. I don't understand why shredders hate him. I mean, i respect shredders like Dimebag Darell and such... but too many people are stubborn. I tell you what though, you tell a girl... "Baby... this is your song" and you play wonderland... lol It's amazing. Have you heard of Matt Nathanson??? If you like John, you'll like him. He's funny as hell too.

ehwalled
05-02-2008, 11:30 PM
ok, so this is thread #2? that is ok, or no???

nt1440
05-02-2008, 11:32 PM
ok, so this is thread #2? that is ok, or no???
most likely not, it clutters the forum

i wish i could get johns signature strat (the racing stripe one)

also, watch john mayer has a show, HILARIOUS, the guys personality draws me to liking him almost as much as his talent, but please move the discussion into the other thread guys

ocelott
05-02-2008, 11:34 PM
STFU he doesnt have an official thread on here yet! What the hell people!!! Love John fantastic guitarist, song writer. performer is ok, but not stunning. i think he is would be a really cool guy to know.
I listen to Continuum every week at least once. He is putting out a new dvd in July? cant wait!!!! I absolutely love when he plays blues, it is wonderful!!!
Cant wait to see him at the Crossroads this year on the web. Have seen him live and it was good, not great, but good.

Hey did u all see he got a full sleeve tattoo? Doesnt bother me, but i guess some fans are pissed. WTF, get a grip people, or maybe get a life lol

is he really coming out with a new dvd!?!?

zaffie8808
05-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Im making the monterey strat that he uses!! Jimi hendrix painted it though.

Jimmy94
05-02-2008, 11:49 PM
W O W, if there's anything we needed it was another John Mayer thread! Great work everybody!

Dimebag22
05-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Sorry, there's already one. So you can delete this one :) I'll just report it for you so a mod can close it if you like.

zaffie8808
05-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Sorry, there's already one. So you can delete this one :) I'll just report it for you so a mod can close it if you like.
no keep it up

TUMFP
05-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Why? We already have a HUGE John Mayer thread with tons of good discussion. So yes, close this.