Savoy Brown

PDA

View Full Version : Savoy Brown

fireoptic
05-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I went to my local record store today and purchased "Raw Sienna" by Savoy Brown on vinyl for $1. When I got home, I flipped the cover and realized it was signed by the band! Kim Simmonds, Lonesome Dave, Roger Earl.

For those of you who never heard of Savoy Brown, check them out. They're a great old blues band from the late 60's, part of the whole british blues scene. Kim Simmonds is an awesome guitar player, I personally rate him higher than Peter Green and Eric Clapton.

ze monsta
05-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I'll listen to them now, then tell you what I think. :p:

But that's pretty cool, $1 for something of such importance for you. :)

Beakwithteeth
05-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Savoy Brown is pretty awesome. Congratulations on your incredible luck.

ze monsta
05-10-2008, 04:48 PM
yeah, they are pretty good.
What's the new avatar?^

dr_john
05-11-2008, 05:59 AM
savoy brown went through a lot of personnel changes over the years.

i saw them play in one of my local pubs back in the late 60's (shows how old i am), kim simmonds was on guitar, playing a gibson flying V if i remember correctly. yes, an awesome player.

Jackal58
05-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Savoy Brown was/is one of my personal favourites. I've seen them twice. (one of the benefits of being an old fart :) )
If you guys get the opportunity to see Foghat (They've been touring the last couple of years) I would highly recommend going to see them. It's the closest you'll ever get to seeing Savoy Brown. They do a lot of their songs.
Lonesome Dave RIP.

fireoptic
05-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Savoy Brown was/is one of my personal favourites. I've seen them twice. (one of the benefits of being an old fart :) )
If you guys get the opportunity to see Foghat (They've been touring the last couple of years) I would highly recommend going to see them. It's the closest you'll ever get to seeing Savoy Brown. They do a lot of their songs.
Lonesome Dave RIP.

Foghat is playing my area pretty soon. So they are playing mostly blues stuff?

By the way, Kim Simmonds and Savoy Brown are currently touring!

Jackal58
05-11-2008, 12:30 PM
^Blues based rock. If you go you'll be surprised at how much of it you know.

Beakwithteeth
05-11-2008, 10:54 PM
yeah, they are pretty good.
What's the new avatar?^

Yonder Mountain String Band's self titled album cover. I thought it was time for a change, this is probably only transitional though, until I find something awesome.