Amp Settings for Sum 41

PDA

View Full Version : Amp Settings for Sum 41

Hope1029
05-11-2008, 06:22 AM
I just got an MG50DFX, and I wanted to know if anybody knew any settings that would make it sound like Deryck's guitar in Chuck?

Thanks alot.

EyeHatePunks
05-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Just mess arround until it sounds bad. There you go...

jxljxl
05-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Settings thread.

New amp.

steven seagull
05-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Settings thread.

New amp.
For Sum 41?

TS, you don't have the same amp as Sum 41, or the same recording studio, so you're never going to sound the same. Just experiment with your amp until you get a workable tone and use that.

mcrfobtai
05-11-2008, 08:29 AM
try to return it. Terrible amp.

TheEsupremacy
05-11-2008, 09:29 AM
While I want to laugh, that was mean. :(
I agree though, try to return that amp if you can. It's ok until you turn it up loud, when you do, it will make you sad. It just doesn't sound good.

Kriske11
05-11-2008, 09:45 AM
hahaha that's right :d

ChrisCutler
05-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Its a terrible amp bro. I regret getting it.

TheEsupremacy
05-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Its a terrible amp bro. I regret getting it.
I think bro is a sis.

Acquiescence
05-11-2008, 11:06 AM
good setting for sum 41:

volume: 0

p o e
05-11-2008, 11:15 AM
good setting for sum 41:

volume: 0
+1

damnedone
05-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Hope this helps a little....don't know what setting for your MG will work?

GC: What effects are you using on stage?

Dave: On stage, I'm using a MXR Phase 90, an Analog Delay by MXR, a Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal, a Digitech Wammy, a QZ1 Crybaby Q-zone by Dunlop, and a Electro Harmonics Graphic Fuzz. I like the MXR stuff a lot. Also I heard this thing, that the Eddie Van Halen lead sound was the MXR Phase 90 with a long delay. So I wanted to try it out and it sounds amazing! I really like the sound of that pedal. The Q-Zone is really just for one part in Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid. The Q-Zone is basically like a wah but with only one knob that tweaks the frequency of the wah pedal.

GC: Tell us about the guitar rig that you have now.

Dave: I'm currently using a Soldano because I think it's the best 6L6-powered amp you can buy. It's a SLO100. I'm also using a Marshall JCM2000 DSL because it has less knobs and I don't think an amp should have that many knobs. It has multiple channels, but I don't really need them that much. I switch between clean and dirty channels, that's about it. I use a distortion pedal for leads and stuff like that.

I think you should always compliment 6L6 (tubes) like in the Soldano with EL34 (tubes) like in the Marshall. I think 6L6s pick up where EL34s leave off and vice versa. The EL34s have more of a bitey, kind of growl and have really pretty top ends to them. They're also a lot tighter. But the 6L6s to me have a really nice low-end with a lot of resonance that the EL34s don't have. Basically, the EL34 is more bitey and the 6L6 is more resonant.

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/interview/davebaksh/

TheEsupremacy
05-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Hope this helps a little....don't know what setting for your MG will work?

GC: What effects are you using on stage?

Dave: On stage, I'm using a MXR Phase 90, an Analog Delay by MXR, a Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal, a Digitech Wammy, a QZ1 Crybaby Q-zone by Dunlop, and a Electro Harmonics Graphic Fuzz. I like the MXR stuff a lot. Also I heard this thing, that the Eddie Van Halen lead sound was the MXR Phase 90 with a long delay. So I wanted to try it out and it sounds amazing! I really like the sound of that pedal. The Q-Zone is really just for one part in Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid. The Q-Zone is basically like a wah but with only one knob that tweaks the frequency of the wah pedal.

GC: Tell us about the guitar rig that you have now.

Dave: I'm currently using a Soldano because I think it's the best 6L6-powered amp you can buy. It's a SLO100. I'm also using a Marshall JCM2000 DSL because it has less knobs and I don't think an amp should have that many knobs. It has multiple channels, but I don't really need them that much. I switch between clean and dirty channels, that's about it. I use a distortion pedal for leads and stuff like that.

I think you should always compliment 6L6 (tubes) like in the Soldano with EL34 (tubes) like in the Marshall. I think 6L6s pick up where EL34s leave off and vice versa. The EL34s have more of a bitey, kind of growl and have really pretty top ends to them. They're also a lot tighter. But the 6L6s to me have a really nice low-end with a lot of resonance that the EL34s don't have. Basically, the EL34 is more bitey and the 6L6 is more resonant.

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/interview/davebaksh/

It's a shame they can't put such nice equipment to a better use.

FoolOnThePlanet
05-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I love how helpful UG is at times. :)