Need FREE Drum Beat Making software!

PDA

View Full Version : Need FREE Drum Beat Making software!

urdad
05-18-2008, 08:10 PM
hi

i just recorded a song and i need to drums but im not that good of a drummer so i was wondering if someone can give me a link to a software (free) that i can make drumlines and beats for my song. tyvm!!

metallhead
05-18-2008, 08:23 PM
hydrogen is pretty cool

http://www.hydrogen-music.org/

urdad
05-18-2008, 09:04 PM
thnx i just downloaded it. is there a way i can import the song i made so i can test what i made with the song?

metallhead
05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately no. There are other programs that do this (if I am not mistaken FruityLoops will do it) but they are not free.

urdad
05-18-2008, 09:23 PM
thnx

Jared R. Boyd
05-19-2008, 07:24 AM
I have never used hydrogen, but what you need to do is look for something that says export midi/mp3/wav/whatever. Then take that file and drop it in your song.

Not surer hydrogen has this but if it does thats how you do it.

Hope it works out

-Ryan

moody07747
05-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Toontrack has a free program called EZplayer Free (http://www.toontrack.com/ezplayer_free.asp)

urdad
05-20-2008, 02:01 AM
I have never used hydrogen, but what you need to do is look for something that says export midi/mp3/wav/whatever. Then take that file and drop it in your song.

Not surer hydrogen has this but if it does thats how you do it.

Hope it works out

-Ryan

o ok but i need a program that i can import the song i recorded so i can test the drums along with the song

fridge_raider
05-20-2008, 02:38 AM
What's wrong with exporting the drums to your song file to test them ?

Anyway, try using the drum plugin you can find here - www.bluenoise.no - and use that in your sequencer. That way, your song and the drums will be in the same place, and there'll be no need to export or import anything.

urdad
05-21-2008, 12:47 AM
What's wrong with exporting the drums to your song file to test them ?

Anyway, try using the drum plugin you can find here - www.bluenoise.no - and use that in your sequencer. That way, your song and the drums will be in the same place, and there'll be no need to export or import anything.

a. becus im not good with timing
b. becus its to complex for me

well im just downloading the drum thing so hopefully it will help. ill post back thnx

fridge_raider
05-21-2008, 04:44 AM
a) You don't necessarily need to be, as you're importing them in a grid.

b) Recording is a complex process, that's just how it is.

urdad
05-22-2008, 01:35 AM
uh im sort of confused i downloaded the plugin and i installed it like it said (extract the .dll files into VstPlugins). is this supposed to work on anything? i tried it on hydrogen i just dont see anything where i can import my song. im just really confused how to work this all

fridge_raider
05-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Right, firstly, which sequencer are you using?

You need to open the sequencer, and open the bluenoise drums as a plugin within that. Hydrogen won't be anything to do with this.

buzz
05-22-2008, 11:33 PM
i just downloaded hydrogen and its cool!!

i cant seem to get any of the other kits to work tho.... I went to sound library->import->local file then clicked on this file YamahaVintageKit.h2drumkit which i downloaded from the hydrogen site and "An error occured importing the SoundLibrary" keeps coming up!!

HELP???

even when i click update list from the internet, it finds about a dozen kits for download but when i actually try and download them i get the same message.

i really would appreciate help with this

metallhead
05-23-2008, 05:40 AM
I assume you ask about the Windows version. There is a bug that won't let you import the drums so you have to install them manually. There are detailed instructions in the Hydrogen forums. I don't think I can give you the URL to another forum though but just search for it.

urdad
05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Right, firstly, which sequencer are you using?

You need to open the sequencer, and open the bluenoise drums as a plugin within that. Hydrogen won't be anything to do with this.

well uh....no i dont have a sequencer... is there one you suggest?

oh btw @buzz thnx for posting that in my thread :rolleyes:

fridge_raider
05-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Well, you could just download Reaper (www.reaper.fm, $40 licence, but they don't force you to buy it) and use the bluenoise drums within that as a vst plugin. Copy and paste the .dll files that you download with the plug in into the vst plugins folder of Reaper, and then you should be able to open Reaper use the drumkit. If you can't do it, just ask for more details.

urdad
05-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Well, you could just download Reaper (www.reaper.fm, $40 licence, but they don't force you to buy it) and use the bluenoise drums within that as a vst plugin. Copy and paste the .dll files that you download with the plug in into the vst plugins folder of Reaper, and then you should be able to open Reaper use the drumkit. If you can't do it, just ask for more details.

allright i installed reaper and i put the .dll files in a folder called VstPlugins in Program files. how do i check if it works? is it supposed to be right there when i open reaper? cus i couldnt find it any where? or am i supposed to make a vstplugin folder in the reaper folder?

urdad
05-23-2008, 12:23 PM
btw would cool edit pro be considered a sequencer or just a recording program?

buzz
05-24-2008, 09:00 AM
I assume you ask about the Windows version. There is a bug that won't let you import the drums so you have to install them manually. There are detailed instructions in the Hydrogen forums. I don't think I can give you the URL to another forum though but just search for it.

thanks very much!!

sorry threadstarter, have your precious thread back :p:

fridge_raider
05-25-2008, 04:01 AM
allright i installed reaper and i put the .dll files in a folder called VstPlugins in Program files. how do i check if it works? is it supposed to be right there when i open reaper? cus i couldnt find it any where? or am i supposed to make a vstplugin folder in the reaper folder?

Right. Paste the .dll files into the folder in Reaper marked plugins. Then go into Reaper, and click Track > Add new track. Then when the track appears, click the little box on it that says FX. From there, you'll be able to find the drum plugin you installed (try the instruments tab, if it's not there, try the others). Select it, click ok and the instrument will appear. Exit it, and click Insert > New MIDI item. When the bar appears, double click on it, then you'll see a grid where you can input the MIDI notes you want it to play. It starts on C3 with the kick, and then progresses from there upwards.

Hope that was of help, I've never really used Reaper before so I had to work out how to do it before making this post.

edgespear
05-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Dudes dudes there's a really simple solution here. You just download Wavepad from download.com and open your recording in it. You then make your drum beat in whatever software, save it, and merge it to the file in Wavepad. One tip with Wavepad: it is something like 30 day trial but if you turn your pc clock back to the day you downloaded it you can constantly use it.
That's how i do it anyway.

iwtmmo
03-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Try to find and download free drum beat making software from software downloading sites.

But I am not sure if you can find one which can do the job as you want.

austhrax
03-05-2011, 03:26 AM
acoustica beatcraft is pretty good.

timbit2006
03-05-2011, 06:01 AM
Try to find and download free drum beat making software from software downloading sites.

But I am not sure if you can find one which can do the job as you want.

There's a reason he came to the wonderful sub-forum known as R&R.
Perhaps he wants peoples reccomendations on Drum Software, rather than taking a shot in the dark with a program he found on the internet.

TS, if you were to ever run into 200 dollars, get Guitar Pro 6 and EZ Drummer. Make the drum beats in Guitar Pro, then export them as MIDI to EZDrummer.

shirlenelappi
03-14-2011, 07:51 AM
I prefer paid software, because they have more functions and features.

But try some free version is a smart starting, You can try and then decide on the software which you like best!

TechnicolorType
03-14-2011, 08:08 AM
am I the only who realizes this thread is 3 years old?
and that the topic creator is banned?

lockwolf
03-14-2011, 08:21 AM
am I the only who realizes this thread is 3 years old?
and that the topic creator is banned?

I noticed that he was banned but I didn't notice the date. I reported the guy who bumped the thread since its an obvious spam bot