Short Little Wing...

PDA

View Full Version : Short Little Wing...

JJK
05-30-2008, 11:12 AM
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/JJK/music/all/play314934

Used my Fulldrive II for the overdrive, it might be a bit heavy on the overdrive, but I think it sounds alright. I can't find my SM57 mic, so I recorded it with a crappy Radio Shack mic. Used my Strat, and amp is an old Blues Deluxe. It's only a few minute long, hope you like it!

Tomaz24
05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Commented.

JJK
05-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks man!

dviv17
05-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Very very nice! I really liked your Stormy Monday as well! You have a great sound, and I listened to them both several times as I surfed the web because they were relaxing!

Do you think you could check out my videos? (in signature) I've only been playing for a few months now, and any help is greatly appreciated!

JJK
05-30-2008, 07:08 PM
For a few months that is quite impressive. Keep learning the songs you like, and you should think about taking lessons so you can get even better, quicker. Some things you can work on are as follows:

Vibrato: Practice practice practice and try to use the strength of all three fingers when doing wider vibrato.

Bending: Practice adding vibrato to your bends, at the height of the bend. Use the strength of all three fingers when bending, with your third finger being on the actual note. Remember, for a whole step bend you match the note two frets away, when you want to bend a half step, match the note one fret away.

I actually teach guitar at a local guitar shop, along with working in the store. I have 26 students, mostly younger kids or beginners, but a few more advanced students. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

dviv17
05-30-2008, 09:25 PM
For a few months that is quite impressive. Keep learning the songs you like, and you should think about taking lessons so you can get even better, quicker. Some things you can work on are as follows:

Vibrato: Practice practice practice and try to use the strength of all three fingers when doing wider vibrato.

Bending: Practice adding vibrato to your bends, at the height of the bend. Use the strength of all three fingers when bending, with your third finger being on the actual note. Remember, for a whole step bend you match the note two frets away, when you want to bend a half step, match the note one fret away.

I actually teach guitar at a local guitar shop, along with working in the store. I have 26 students, mostly younger kids or beginners, but a few more advanced students. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure how to how to do the vibrato plus bend. For some reason I really only feel comfortably when I vibrato with one finger. I think it stems from when I played violin. Thanks again for the help!

Allycuk
05-31-2008, 06:15 AM
:) i enjoyed your little wing rendition very much but really enjoyed the stormy monday! 5/5 I was mighty impressed with that one...you got the blues :peace: