We need a country thread?

PDA

View Full Version : We need a country thread?

Surfside
06-04-2008, 11:57 PM
80's rock but no country? Twang is one of the most difficult and soulful guitar techniques i know of. Sure would be nice to have a place to discuss it. Doesn't anyone else think so?

itsaplayonwords
06-05-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't particularly care for most country but I have to admit the guitar work on some is amazing. Brad Paisley comes to mind. I am upset at the amount of tabs on this site for his work.

deanfreak93
06-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Every one hates country, and Everyone hates you. Why would we talk about Country on a guitar website. All you have to do to play country is strum a chord over and over again.

itsaplayonwords
06-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Every one hates country, and Everyone hates you. Why would we talk about Country on a guitar website. All you have to do to play country is strum a chord over and over again.
Every genre has generic guitar work, and amazing at the same time.

Metal can be generic, pop punk is power chords, etc.

destroy_techno
06-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I definitely wont use it, but if the need is there.. The guitar work can be impressive

Surfside
06-05-2008, 12:12 AM
You're an idiot. Country music has influenced almost every genre in existence. I started listening to country because modern rock was beggining to let me down. Especially on the guitar work. I flipped to a country station one day and quickly discovered that almost every country song has amazing guitar solos and riffs. I dare you to name one country artist that can't either play guitar or that has noone in the band who is a talented guitarist and i will send you a song by them to prove you wrong.

Surfside
06-05-2008, 10:30 AM
The response this thread has relieved is disappointing.I may not know why people on this website hate country or just don't feel like they can get into it but the fact remains that there are some amazing songwriters and guitar work there. If there aren't enough fans and no one is willing to give it a chance i'll gladly back down on the idea i just don't see why country bands are assumed to be weak guitarists. Like I said I started on rock, grew up on bands like the eagles and led zeppelin who cite major country influences, Bob Dylan recorded with Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson has played with ZZTop. The songs are about real life and sometimes you want to hear songs you can relate to. If your willing to give country a chance a good guitarist like itsaplayonwords said is Brad Paisley. Can't stand the accent? Start on the instrumental stuff like Throttleneck and Time Warp.

Andrewbiles
06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
There's not enough demand on the site to have a country forum, please just use the Other forum to discuss it.