Organic Sounds

PDA

View Full Version : Organic Sounds

NoLaurelTree000
06-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Are there any bands that use only organic sounds in their music. I'm not too worried about style or genre as long as they use only or predominantly organic sounds in their songs.

I'm not sure if organic is even the right word for it, but what i mean by organic is sound that is recorded in everyday life (car horn, a bicycle sprocket, door slamming, sound of hight heels walking, etc). And by organic music i mean that they take all of these sounds that they have recorded and mix them into music.

Do bands/songs like this even exist? Google has proved to be no help on this one.

pwrmax
06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Revolution 9 - The Beatles

I'm not sure if it even counts as a song.

vodoochile
06-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Pink Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon. Listen. Now

SchadenFreude
06-12-2008, 07:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musique_concrete

There's a list of composers at the bottom. Some good stuff!

rubbert
06-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Pink Floyd - Alan's Psychedelic Breakfest

ibanezguitars44
06-12-2008, 07:37 PM
if you listen to thrice's earth album, its pretty organic. its predominately acoustic guitars and basses, pianos, etc. there are also a lot of background noises. you can hear people walking, buttons being pushed, etc. and during the last song they put the mic in a box and buried it. you can hear as it gets deeper and deeper and the shovel hits the ground. weird stuff.

NoLaurelTree000
06-12-2008, 07:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musique_concrete

There's a list of composers at the bottom. Some good stuff!

yes! thank you. this is the kinda stuff that i am looking for.

if you listen to thrice's earth album, its pretty organic. its predominately acoustic guitars and basses, pianos, etc. there are also a lot of background noises. you can hear people walking, buttons being pushed, etc. and during the last song they put the mic in a box and buried it. you can hear as it gets deeper and deeper and the shovel hits the ground. weird stuff.

that sounds pretty cool im going to have to check that out. especially the mic being buried thing. thats a pretty crazy idea actually.

closertofreewil
06-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Stomp, they use a ton of weird stuff.