I need some new music - standard tuning

PDA

View Full Version : I need some new music - standard tuning

klducks
06-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Are there any good bands in modern metal/hard rock thats in standard tuning?

I love Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, but they all play in dropped tunings.

Granted, stuff like ACDC, Metallica, Iron Maiden all play in standard and theyre great. I just want something MODERN but also in STANDARD tuning if I ever wanted to play that song.

So anybody know any good modern hardrock/metal bands that play in standard? (Thank god the next metallica album is gonna be in standard)

Bassmastajazzyj
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
No most metal bands today play in Drop D or Drop C. Protest the Hero plays in Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb but thats the closest i can think of

Fappy
06-17-2008, 05:32 PM
no he's^ wrong. Protest The Hero play in Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb and so does Between the Buried and Me and i think some of Norma Jean's stuff is to

epicfail
06-17-2008, 05:37 PM
k dude wtf? if ur too lazy to dune down just stick to metallica tuning to drop d takes 2 seconds and is easy as hell, drop c takes a minite tops just find some track online that has the notes for drop c and tune to it

PureRage
06-17-2008, 07:19 PM
k dude wtf? if ur too lazy to dune down just stick to metallica tuning to drop d takes 2 seconds and is easy as hell, drop c takes a minite tops just find some track online that has the notes for drop c and tune to it

Intonation + action needs to be (or at least should be) adjusted w/ the new tuning.

klducks
06-17-2008, 07:50 PM
my floyd rose likes to disagree with your 2 seconds. :>

Slaytanic1993
06-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Dream Theater.

Enjoy.

I don't care if you don't consider it modern (for whatever fucktwat reasoning).

klducks
06-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Dream Theater.

Enjoy.

I don't care if you don't consider it modern (for whatever fucktwat reasoning).
Thanks for the suggestion. Just sampling through a cup songs on Itunes, I seem interested.

And I guess I chose the wrong words for what I'm looking for. I guess I just mean that guitars in the current timespan are just better recorded.

I'll use Metallica as an example.

Compare Master of Puppets (http://youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA) to Some Kind of Monster (http://youtube.com/watch?v=l2oURIh5DQo). Since Some Kind of Monster has been recorded with the latest technology, I just feel like it has more feeling with it being blasted compare to Master of Puppets. (Now dont take it the wrong way. I'm not saying SKOM > MOP you wanna l33ters).

cnaeus
07-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Slaytanic, you have the Riff Lord himself as your avatar yet u didnt suggest Opeth to this poor unenlightened soul, whats up with that?!

They use standard tuning almost exclusively, the few times they dont, they dont play drop-D in the typical chuggy fashion.

LgLagro
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Slaytanic, you have the Riff Lord himself as your avatar yet u didnt suggest Opeth to this poor unenlightened soul, whats up with that?!

They use standard tuning almost exclusively, the few times they dont, they dont play drop-D in the typical chuggy fashion.

How is cnaeus the first to suggest Opeth? Yes sir, Opeth is standard and full of fantastic guitar playing.

BringMeTheCalm
07-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Opeth
The majority of Agalloch
Wintersun