The Official Most Hated Band On UG!

PDA

View Full Version : The Official Most Hated Band On UG!

flyinguitar
06-19-2008, 07:24 AM
I picked the most popular from the earlier thread, now we can see which band is the MOST hated on UG. Exciting, eh?

zapatista89
06-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Mcr

EDIT: for those who were at Download this year did you see it when the teenagers video came on the screens and people started bottling the screens?

happy days :)

webbtje
06-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Wow, this is going to descend into flaming very quickly.

chimpinatux
06-19-2008, 07:28 AM
FoB

You only have to watch the music news flame wars

NOSPI
06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
hmm i dunno about band.. but yeah probably FoB.

but guitarist.. Herman Li maybe?

zapatista89
06-19-2008, 07:32 AM
i dont see how you can hate dragonforce, there fans deffinetly hatable but thers some comedy to them, makes up for everything else

jimmyhotpants
06-19-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm finding it difficult to choose between Fall Out Gay and Panic At The ****sco :(

tdrules
06-19-2008, 07:33 AM
No band is most hated as believe it or not UG does not revolve around the metal section music wise.
There will always be a minority who will like a band anyone will suggest, unless "most hated" comes from the shortsighted view of a band's image and not their music...

-xCaMRocKx-
06-19-2008, 07:34 AM
I've seen something like this before, which leads me to believe that this probably will end in mass flaming and banning.

That being said -

UG's most hated would have to be FoB? But Cam's most hated is (and it's hard to decide on just one, believe me), PatD. *shudder*

Obviously I'm not having a go at you if you like these bands. (And that children, is how we avoid being caught up in the flame war. Good day.)

zapatista89
06-19-2008, 07:34 AM
No band is most hated as believe it or not UG does not revolve around the metal section music wise.
There will always be a minority who will like a band anyone will suggest, unless "most hated" comes from the shortsighted view of a band's image and not their music...

but then surely if you took a vote from every UGer you would get a most hated band musically as well as imagery?

Aplanken
06-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Fall Out Boy...

but where's Mindless Self Indulgence?

(they just need to be hogtied 'n hung 'cause of their song 'I Hate Jimmy Page')

Fi-Fi
06-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Fobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffobfobfobfobffob

flyinguitar
06-19-2008, 07:39 AM
i dont really hate dragonforce, but they were heavily suggested, so... tdrules, its what band do you hate, so that does include their public image. UG is a general demographic, being that we all play guitar and are somewhat musical, so while we wont have the same tastes in what we like, there will be a few bands that we collectively cant stand.
And the evidence shows that we do all hate the same stuff, generally.

tdrules
06-19-2008, 07:39 AM
but then surely if you took a vote from every UGer you would get a most hated band musically as well as imagery?

You're overestimating the UG community, you're not taking into account people following other peoples views and I believe someone who "hates" a band hardly ever has decent reasons for not liking them.
To be honest I like FOB (bring on the flames bitches), but I sometimes don't like the whole Wentz thing and fans so I can sometimes detest them.
So, "most hated" is a rather broad term, some people may call a band **** if only for the image or fans, not the actual music they may play (although if you've listened to a couple of albums and still "hate" a band, I have nothing wrong with that)
/rant

tdrules
06-19-2008, 07:41 AM
i dont really hate dragonforce, but they were heavily suggested, so... tdrules, its what band do you hate, so that does include their public image. UG is a general demographic, being that we all play guitar and are somewhat musical, so while we wont have the same tastes in what we like, there will be a few bands that we collectively cant stand.
And the evidence shows that we do all hate the same stuff, generally.

If that was the case, why would there be a hardcore forum, a metal forum and others that aren't exactly empty.

joshua029
06-19-2008, 07:44 AM
im suprised no one has thrown METALLICA out there yet...

flyinguitar
06-19-2008, 07:45 AM
also, i donut think a band having bad music warrants them to be hated. It has to be bad music, combined with the band members being complete idiots, too much exposure in the media, their fans being jackasses, their live shows sucking, etc etc. If you hate a band because you donut like their music, thats a little extreme, I would just say I'm not feeling this music, but I appreciate the fact that they make music and give an effort. Like i donut hate fall out boys music (I definitely donut like it either), but they just piss me off, you know?

flyinguitar
06-19-2008, 07:46 AM
If that was the case, why would there be a hardcore forum, a metal forum and others that aren't exactly empty.

The same stuff, meaning specific bands. Not specific genres. As you can see, FOB is getting a great amount of attention, but it doesnt mean we all hate pop punk.