The UG Blues & Jazz Album 2

PDA

View Full Version : The UG Blues & Jazz Album 2

theneildeal
06-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the Blues & Jazz Album Number 2 thread. After the success of the first album, i want to start the next album. We have enough great blues and jazz guitarists in our little subforum, so lets show the rest of UG what we can do.

http://i30.tinypic.com/28uh3bn.jpg

With the last album, we considered selling it, and giving the proceeds to a music based charity in Canada, but we weren't able to because some of the songs were covers. This time, all the songs will be originals, so this is your chance to be charitable.

The previous album is available for download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S500NO6S

I felt that regulars and guitarists on the previous album should have the first refusal for places on the album. These people have been sent private messages. If demand for the remaining places on the album is high, i will let people vote for which songs make the album, as was done on the UG Original Album. Those people who were given first refusal are exempt from this vote as their place is guaranteed.

Rules:

All songs must be originals;
The deadline for the album's completion is 30th September 2008 - NOTICE THE NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE
Your song must be blues or jazz
Everyone is welcome to try out for this album, irrespective of skill level, how often you are in the blues & jazz forum, or your gear
Everyone can submit a maximum of two songs. If you've been given first refusal, you are guaranteed one song on the album. You can put your other song up for the vote
My decision is final

Confirmed:
Theneildeal - Dissident Blues (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/theneildeal)
TheDev01dOne - On My Way (http://www.myspace.com/thedevoidone)
SlideThing31
TeXaS_db - Backyard Flood (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/TeXaS_db/)
PitLurker
Dimebag22
Ze Monsta
Vagabond21
Johnny_tapia
Jimmy94
Imgooley
Aetherspear - Nahual (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/aetherspear/)
Fongie - Free Blues (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Fongie/)
GD_GC
Sam i am - The Blue Bus Tune (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sam+i+am/)

Signed Up:
Iceman 420
Sre9981
Mlogans91 - Finally! (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mlogans91/)
Judas Acolyte
Punk Ninja
Yawn
WlCmToTheJungle
DinsdalePirahna
Nightraven
MrBlues
Strawforest007 - August Of Wind (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/strawforest007/)
Skirvy
Theclowntree - No Babies To Eat Blues (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/theclowntree/)
Rubbersoul54321 - Swamp Blues (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/RubberSoul54321/)
Bluewilliams
Manicbluesist
Strawforest007 - In Limbo (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/strawforest007/)
Pangui - Bozzetto Corto (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/pangui)
Stokeoblet - I Luv My 335 (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/stokeoblet)
Akack
Samoo

Once you are on the album, you become a band member of the UG Blues & Jazz Album 2 band page: http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ug_bluesjazz2/

Good luck to everyone signing up, and lets make this better than the first album!

Thanks

Neil

Vagabond21
06-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey neil, I've got a rough cut of my song on the profile. I need to re-record the vox and I might touch it up here and there. Do you think it sounds ok so far?

Thanks for all the advice with the recording situation.

theneildeal
06-21-2008, 11:39 AM
No worries. The song sounds really good. Im sure that when you record the vocals again, it'll sound great on the album!

Dimebag22
06-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Sweet. Sounds awesome. I'll start getting my song together ASAP.

theneildeal
06-21-2008, 01:02 PM
nice one mate

imgooley
06-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Hey, neil, I know you want them to be originals, but what about traditional songs?

theneildeal
06-21-2008, 02:28 PM
well, i say originals because it would mean that if we sell it, we don't have to face any royalties issues. I suppose that no one owns a traditional song, so yeah, traditionals should be fine

Iceman 420
06-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey, I'm really interested in doing this but I have a couple of questions. Is there a limit to the length of the song and how do you want me to give you the song?

TheDev01dOne
06-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Hey, I'm really interested in doing this but I have a couple of questions. Is there a limit to the length of the song and how do you want me to give you the song?

There is no limit really as long as it's reasonable (i.e. not 13 minutes of solo wankery) and just record it and email the MP3 to Neil is the easiest way to submit the song.

Subscribing to this thread now. I think I'll just re-record my latest song and submit that sucker and possibly try to get some kind of electric song done aswell to put up for vote or whatever.

theneildeal
06-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Yeah, basically, make it a normal length song. I suppose a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 10 minutes, but it depends on whether it suits the song. You could have a 15 minute song, but if its incredible, then i wouldn't have a problem with it. But i would suggest that you make it reasonable.

When you finish the song, put it on your UG profile so that others can listen to it, and if it makes the album, then you just have to send it to my email.

Can i sign you up?

Iceman 420
06-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah, sign me up.

theneildeal
06-22-2008, 05:38 PM
nice one mate

theneildeal
06-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Sharck has just PM'd me to sign himself up

ss311
06-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I've just finished the review of the first album for the UG Team. I hope I've done okay; my expertise is not blues, so I've tried my best.

Dimebag22
06-23-2008, 02:54 PM
I've just finished the review of the first album for the UG Team. I hope I've done okay; my expertise is not blues, so I've tried my best.
Awesome. :cheers:

You have any idea when it will be going on the front page?

aetherspear
06-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey I just got my wisdom teeth out, so I probably won't record vocals for a bit, but instruments are being recorded as we speak.

theneildeal
06-23-2008, 08:20 PM
nice one, and get well soon

TeXaS_db
06-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Did you get my song neil, if not heres where to DL it. Its called "Backyard Flood". I'd rather use another song of mine because i dont like that song that much, but i dont anything else real bluesy at the moment. So im goin to try and work on some ideas of mine, so if i come up with something new and a lil better before the deadline, i'll let ya know.

sre9981
06-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Sign me up?

ss311
06-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Awesome. :cheers:

You have any idea when it will be going on the front page?

I hope it will be up by Friday; but my computer broke down, so I submitted it a little late, throwing the timing into a bit of chaos!

theneildeal
06-24-2008, 06:50 AM
yeah ive just got a pm from dyuha saying that it'll be up later this week.

Thanks for doing the review!

theneildeal
06-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Did you get my song neil, if not heres where to DL it. Its called "Backyard Flood". I'd rather use another song of mine because i dont like that song that much, but i dont anything else real bluesy at the moment. So im goin to try and work on some ideas of mine, so if i come up with something new and a lil better before the deadline, i'll let ya know.

i didn't get the song, but it might be because you sent it to my old email address. I changed mine a few weeks ago. Its a great song! What ill do is put this on the album, but if you want to change it later, ill swap it, or put both on the album, depending on numbers.

Cheers

Neil

Jimmy94
06-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks ss311, hope you enjoyed the album!

ss311
06-24-2008, 06:35 PM
It was great; you guys really did a professional job. The problem is that I didn't get to mention everyone, which I'm sorry about. Please don't take it badly :(

theneildeal
06-27-2008, 01:56 AM
This is looking like one hell of a line up!

Dimebag22
06-27-2008, 02:05 AM
You better have mentioned me!! :p:

I'm pumped for this to be on the front page! :)

ss311
06-27-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm not sure; I used your real names :p

If not, you'll just have to secks me up before I type a review for this one ;)

The review shall be on the front page today.

Fongie
06-27-2008, 06:52 AM
That was an awesome review :D

TheDev01dOne
06-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Awesome, we're like famous now and ****. Best pickup line ever..

--Strolls up to hot babe--

"My blues songs were on an album that we made on an internet forum and then the album got reviewed and put on the FRONT PAGE of Ultimate-Guitar.com .."

--Gets laid--

haha

ss311
06-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey gents. I do confess that upon reading the review again, I felt that I could have discussed the music a little bit more. Rest assured, I will try my best to improve on that next time.

Take care.

Dimebag22
06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Sweet. Nice review man.

But no mention of me :(

:haha

Thanks for doing the review again, and hopefully this next album will be on the front page too.

Our page views for the album went up by like 100x :p: Great way to promote our playing and hopefully get some people into the blues that weren't before :)

Jimmy94
06-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Great review! Reading that has me amped up to start recording for the second one :D

TeXaS_db
06-27-2008, 02:10 PM
i cant find my song on the ug blues album profile, could u only put so many on there

Jimmy94
06-27-2008, 02:12 PM
click on the all mp3's tab and they all show up. Unfortunately only the ones that show up initially on the page are getting the increased views.

Dimebag22
06-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, there's like a couple with only 15 plays, and there's some with like 200.

TeXaS_db
06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
click on the all mp3's tab and they all show up. Unfortunately only the ones that show up initially on the page are getting the increased views.
o i see. i dont have alot of plays like the others have.

Jimmy94
06-27-2008, 02:25 PM
o i see. i dont have alot of plays like the others have.

one of mine has 120 views and the other has 17... it sucks that's how it's displayed on the page, but what can you do.

TeXaS_db
06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
can neil , or whoever created that page, change who is in the front page and put the ppl on the other page on the front so they can get a chance to be heard. if not, its not that big of a deal.

Dimebag22
06-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't think he can, you never know though...

mlogans91
06-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey, sign me up, my song will be ready in a day or two.

Judas Acolyte
06-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd like to get in on this. I'm working on a writing a song right now.

I listened to the first Blues and Jazz Album, and I would love to get my name in on a second one.

FrostyTheBush
06-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Is funk out of the question for the record? fat bass and all.

This was an old recording to test the water, the actual track comes in at around 3mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpM8swWmdWg

imgooley
06-27-2008, 06:47 PM
^Funk is cool with me, but it's not up to me. Ask Neil.

aetherspear
06-28-2008, 01:02 AM
I think funk should be allowed. Also I've been coming up with some great ideas on acoustic guitar for this next album. Right Now I'm in Open C with the 5th string as an A. don't ask, seriously.

ss311
06-28-2008, 04:52 AM
I'd like to hear some jazz this time. Is there anyone who shall be recording a jazz track?

imgooley
06-28-2008, 04:58 AM
I think funk should be allowed. Also I've been coming up with some great ideas on acoustic guitar for this next album. Right Now I'm in Open C with the 5th string as an A. don't ask, seriously.
Weird ass tunings, FTW.

What is it?

Punk_Ninja
06-28-2008, 05:33 AM
I'll try to get one down, however I can't fully commit as I don't have too much time, but if I get a blues song down I'll submit.

Hey I may even try my luck with my vocals :p:

ze monsta
06-28-2008, 07:20 AM
^You might not get on board because places go to "regulars" first - and those who were on the last album.

Something that actually annoyed me about the review was the number of comments about people that want to be on the next album yet I've never seen on UG, let alone the B+J forum.

/elitist rant

nightraven
06-28-2008, 11:59 AM
I'd like to hear some jazz this time. Is there anyone who shall be recording a jazz track?
me too. that would make this forum shine :')

i might try this, but i've got to get my amp fixed so until then i won't be able to.

Jimmy94
06-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I could try doing some jazz... the problem is that writing an original jazz song is much more difficult for me than writing a blues song. I have a friend that is a phenomenal jazz saxophone player though, I'll see what we can put together.

aetherspear
06-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I'd like to do a jazz tune, but I donno if there's space to do more than one. I might just polish a jazz tune and an acoustic blues number and then let you guys decide.

imgooley
06-28-2008, 01:52 PM

Double album?

>.>

<.<

Jimmy94
06-28-2008, 03:11 PM
I made two VERY preliminary recordings (basically to get the ideas down) of the two songs I've been working on, one of which will go on the album and one that won't. One is my very first original jazz composition and the other is a minor blues thing I've been playing around with the past couple months. Right now I'm leaning towards the jazz song since the album really needs a few jazz comps on it. Recording that one made me realize how much I have to work on my jazz soloing since I haven't been doing it seriously for a while now.

When I record a final version it will have drums, bass and saxophone also.

Tell me what you think, which one you prefer etc.

http://kundor.org/pub/0jim jazz.mp3
http://kundor.org/pub/jim blues.mp3

imgooley
06-28-2008, 03:16 PM
^The jazz one is nice. A couple of sour notes, but nice.

Maybe add some Wes Montgomery octave soloing to it?

I think it would fill out nicely.

You could always do a Jazz Blues type thing, too.

Jimmy94
06-28-2008, 03:21 PM
yeah, definitely some sour notes since that's just a prelim recording, I kept that solo because I liked some of the licks I threw in there and wanted to remember them. Like I said my jazz soloing sucks now it's been so long since I've done it, haha. The last note is especially bad I don't even know what happened there. :p:

the humanity
06-29-2008, 01:39 PM
It won't let me download it here, all the computers won't let you download stuff.

anyone willing to mail it to me?

I doubt it, but I wanna have it! :(

maybe sometime later I can give you a nice blues/rock/funk/experimental love song.

I'm not signing up yet though, I need software and a good proxy. :(

sinan90
06-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm up for it, it'll be good to have an aim for the summer holiday. Mine will almost certainly be a jazz track and if not that a jazzy blues, along the lines of Billie's Bounce and other such tracks.

theneildeal
06-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Funk - we didn't allow a funk song in the blues duel, and it doesn't fall into the jazz category. if you can make it bluesier or jazzier, it can't go on the album

Jazz songs- Sam I Am has got a jazz song on the album. Check it out, it's on page 1

theneildeal
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Jim, you can submit both songs. One will be guaranteed, but the other will go to the vote. I prefer the jazz track, but im a jazz guy! Im biased!

Nightraven, do you want me to sign you up?

Thanks to everyone who has signed up to this. It looks like we're going to get a great album!

theneildeal
06-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, can I join? :)

This ain't no Miles Davis, but I reckon it's jazz:

lurk late, strike straight, sin sin, forever (http://www.zshare.net/audio/1436697253afb0c6/)

*looks at post count*

Do I count as a regular? :p:

Thanks, ill put your song up for the vote. If you want my advice, you should make the guitar track more prominent, and make it sound jazzier. At the moment, the main track is the backing track, and i doubt that you'll get the votes.

Also, put your song on your UG profile

imgooley
07-01-2008, 02:34 AM
Neil, is there any song on my profile that you think I should re record and make nicer for the album?

Or should I just write something completely new?

Jimmy94
07-01-2008, 03:00 AM
I had to read this several times to figure out what's going on, but I finally realized there's been a misunderstanding here. :o

The main track isn't the "backing track", because there is no backing track. I composed all of the music - not just the acoustic guitar, but also the piano, tabla, and upright bass. A lot of work went into the non-guitar parts, so I'd hate to put them in the background.

Think of this as a jazz quartet. ;)

Is it midi?

theneildeal
07-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Yawn - ha sorry, i thought that it was a backing track! Kudos for writing it!

Goolz - I like Broke Boy Blues. That would sound good on the album

WlCmToTheJungle
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM
I am in! I am going to record my song "Summer Rain" at my cousin's home studio then. It is not a traditional blues song though, it is more John Mayer-ish. I hope it's alright.

theneildeal
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
can't wait to hear it!

Beakwithteeth
07-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Hey my friend and I might be trying to record some folk/bluegrass stuff at his house in the next few days. If I get something that is kind of a country-blues would it be acceptable?

theneildeal
07-02-2008, 06:09 AM
i would have to hear it first. Im wanting to be quite strict on what counts as blues and jazz, otherwise it will be difficult to draw the line.

Beakwithteeth
07-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Fair enough. I won't submit anything if I don't think it is bluesy enough. Even though it will be kind of a jug band without jug type of blues. I wish I knew how to play jug.

Punk_Ninja
07-02-2008, 12:59 PM
^You might not get on board because places go to "regulars" first - and those who were on the last album.

Something that actually annoyed me about the review was the number of comments about people that want to be on the next album yet I've never seen on UG, let alone the B+J forum.

/elitist rant

That would be no problem at all to be honest, I'd always love to hear other's blues over my own anyway, but either way if I can get something recorded at some point I'l submit it for y'all to hear anyway :)

Not trying to move in on anyone territory or anything! Just another guitarist who loves the blues (and jazz ;))

ze monsta
07-02-2008, 01:12 PM
No, I like you - I wanna hear what you got! :)
You know your stuff and actually post here - it's the randoms going "wow, I wanna be on the next one!1!!1!" that pissed me off.

theneildeal
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
yeah, that's why i wanted to use the regulars guarantee system. Essentially, this is an album made by mates that represents the subforum and the people within it. If everyone was equal, we could end up saying "yeah, this is the album of the blues and jazz thread, although everyone on it is from the shred forum"

But i don't want to discourage non-regulars from trying out. It would be great to have other people on the album. If the same people are on each album, others won't think that they have a chance of getting on an album. Also, it benefits the sub forum because for the next album, people will want to be considered to be regulars, so they'll post here more.

Amos, im sure that your song will be bluesy enough, but when someone submits a song that is a fusion of blues/jazz and something else, i have to check it. I gave you the first refusal, so ill guarantee your place.

Beakwithteeth
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Cool. Don't turn anyone away to keep my place though 'cuz I am not even sure we will be recording anything. Not that you would turn anyone away anyways.

theneildeal
07-03-2008, 05:38 AM
i wouldn't turn anyone away. but because you're planning a song, and you were on the last album, your place is guaranteed. The list is looking quite big at the moment, but as with the last album, i expect half of the people to drop out.

TheDev01dOne
07-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Okay I think I have my song done.. I've uploaded it on my myspace (Link in my sig) its "On My Way v2.0".. Have a listen and tell me if it's good enough quality for the album?

Jimmy94
07-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Okay I think I have my song done.. I've uploaded it on my myspace (Link in my sig) its "On My Way v2.0".. Have a listen and tell me if it's good enough quality for the album?

I really enjoy your song. Awesome tone on your solo, great playing by both the guitar and bass. Too bad there aren't drums but that's not a big deal. Excellent job singing also.

TheDev01dOne
07-04-2008, 01:54 PM
The tone on the solo is actually pretty weird, It was my acoustic plugged direct into this multitrack recorder thing and just using effects on there to get an electric-y sound. I wasn't planning on putting a solo in there or I would've left myself longer to shredzor.

Guy from the session I go to played the bass and recorded it for me, he's an awesome bass player. He's about 40 probably and started on fretless and only just started using fretted basses aswell, he was playing this crazy fretless electric with like a double bass radius fretboard and stuff, apparently worth loads. He's a reallly great bass player anyway, I'd have his babies.

theneildeal
07-04-2008, 05:42 PM
great song tim

aetherspear
07-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Do you think a latin jazz tune would be ok? I keep changing my mind.

theneildeal
07-06-2008, 05:15 AM
Latin is one of my favourite genres of music. I would love to hear a latin jazz song on the album!

GD_GC
07-06-2008, 11:56 AM
So when is the deadline for this again?

theneildeal
07-06-2008, 01:11 PM
31st august

aetherspear
07-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey, I put up a rough version of my Latin Jazz piece in my profile. It's called "Son Uno (Rough)" tell me what you think. I'll probably mix it more and add a head and jam section or something.

theneildeal
07-07-2008, 05:58 AM
thats a great start. its got the Paco de Lucia vibe

DinsdalePirahna
07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Alright, i'd like to appear on this album. I realize that i am never on this forum, or the forums on UG in general, but after seeing the UG blues and Jazz album, i felt that i had to participate. It is such a cool project, and i've been really into the blues for a while now, so this is right up my alley. Listening to this album lit a fire under me, and i really want to be in on it this time.

I've been playing guitar for a few years now, and i have been playing blues for about a year and a half now. I have some of my own stuff written, and plan on recording it this summer. I'd really like to be on this, and if you'd be so kind, neil, if you could reply to this that'd be great. I'd be willing to show you that i am good enough to perform on this album.

theneildeal
07-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Sure, ill put you on the shortlist. Just get a song recorded by the end of august! I can't wait to hear it! Im glad to hear that you liked the first album!

S0ulja23
07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
I really wanna participate in this somehow, but I lack a decent backing and I don't have any originals :/.

theneildeal
07-08-2008, 08:11 AM
so..... do you want me to sign you up or not?

S0ulja23
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
No it's all right, unless I somehow find someone to collab with or something. But for now I'll just pass :).

theneildeal
07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
well there are sites to get free backing tracks. It's not difficult to find one. Also, if you just record something over it, you can try to get it onto the album. At the end of the day, people will be voting, so if one person doesn't like it, you've still got a chance to be on the album.

MrBlues
07-09-2008, 06:34 AM
hey, I would like to join but cant guarantee a good sounding track (recording wise) as i dont have much recording gear. but put me down and ill try and get something recorded, probably gonna be a while becuase im busy with auditions and concerts.

thanks, Stefaan

theneildeal
07-10-2008, 07:36 AM
hey, I would like to join but cant guarantee a good sounding track (recording wise) as i dont have much recording gear. but put me down and ill try and get something recorded, probably gonna be a while becuase im busy with auditions and concerts.

thanks, Stefaan

The recording shouldn't be a problem. If you listen to my track, dissident blues, ive just recorded through my crappy laptop mic into audacity. The quality isn't great, but as long as its not too bad you should be fine.

The deadline is the 31st of august, so be aware of that, but other than that, i can't wait to hear your song!

You're signed up

Jimmy94
07-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Once my saxophone playing buddy gets back from vacation this coming week. I'm going to start working on my track.

strawforest007
07-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks very much to 'theneildeal' for directing me here! I hope I'm not too late to sign up to be on the album? All I've got is audacity and a cheap mic, but hey my prized strat and vox amp make up for it. There's a blues impro track on my profile, but for the album (if I'm allowed) I'll be writing a dual-guitar blues instrumental number. My influences range from Peter Green to Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters to Johnny Winter and some Freddie King. Blues really is my home. If I'm too late, let me know and hopefully I'll be able to get in line for the next album. The first album is cracking! Peace!

theneildeal
07-14-2008, 04:09 PM
You're not too late. The only deadline is 31st august which is when your song must be ready. Ive used the same equipment, so im sure that yours will be fine.

The only constraint for your song is that it must be original, so do whatever you want.

I can't wait to hear it!

aetherspear
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey I put up the final version of my Latin Jazz piece. It's called Nahual, up in my profile.

theneildeal
07-16-2008, 07:23 AM
thats a great song. can you send it to my email please: neil-flynn@hotmail.co.uk

aetherspear
07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I sent it neil. I also might be doing a song with Soulja23, but I'm going to be out of town for a bit.

theneildeal
07-16-2008, 03:50 PM
cheers. you've still got 5-6 weeks, so you should have loads of time

Skirvy
07-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, theres always album number 3 for me.

theneildeal
07-19-2008, 04:29 PM
why aren't you signing up for this album?

Skirvy
07-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Me and 2 other UGers Stuartt-1 and WhiteStripesIII might contibute a jam/song to it so sign us up?

theneildeal
07-25-2008, 07:29 AM
done

theneildeal
08-01-2008, 07:07 AM
If you've signed up, you'll have a PM from me to remind you about the deadline. Remember that there will be no extra time allowances

PinkFloyd73
08-01-2008, 09:29 AM
hey, whats the line on doing standards?

theneildeal
08-01-2008, 12:22 PM
hey, whats the line on doing standards?

You can do a song as along as its not copyrighted by someone. We're wanting to sell this on itunes etc, and if theres a song that a musician owns the rights to, then we can't sell the album (without paying royalties).

The problem with doing a "standard" is that you might not be sure if it is a standard or not. A song that you think is a standard could be owned by the family of a little known bluesman. Because of this, i would prefer you not to do a standard, but because your recording would face the vote, its not solely down to me.

RubberSoul54321
08-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Guys, this is probably **** but I was mucking around today and recorded this on a Creative Zen. It's unlikely that anyone would think it up to the job but I would be interested to hear whether or not it would be worth trying to clean it up and record it a bit better. This is the first time I've recorded anything and it wasn't for any reason - then I saw this thread and thought, WTF?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/RubberSoul54321/music/all/play378576

Edit: I just noticed that the track is timed at 9.31: it wasn't when I recorded it, it was about 5.30 so I don't know what happened to it when it was uploaded. The backing is just me on a loop on my DD-6 so I've only about 5 seconds to play with. Doesn't give you much time to be adventurous. :o Starting to feel really embarrassed about posting now.

strawforest007
08-01-2008, 01:40 PM
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/strawforest007/

Submitting the song 'August Of Wind'

Cheers people!

ss311
08-01-2008, 04:42 PM
PM me or comment my profile with some updates sometime. Thanks.

sre9981
08-01-2008, 06:08 PM
I should be writing and recording my song this weekend, wish me luck!

kai29
08-02-2008, 02:14 AM
I guess I got a glitch or something or i deleted a post on my profile telling me i signed up. anyways.....

Can i do a cover or something? I'm thinking john mayer stuff either from the trio like good love is on the way, or who did you think i was or something off continuum, or crossroads by clapton. I'll see what i can do

I only ask cuz i saw little wing

but i'll work on something original

Jimmy94
08-02-2008, 01:39 PM
only originals on this album

theneildeal
08-03-2008, 07:00 AM
rubber soul - its a good song, but i would suggest making the backing track into a 12 bar riff. If you use the same one bar riff over and over again, it gets boring

strawforest - nice one mate, its a good song

ss311 - ill keep you updated

sre9981 - good luck with the recording!

kai29 - this is an all originals album

RubberSoul54321
08-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Cheers, I'll see what I can come up with.

strawforest007
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM
How's everyone's tracks shaping up? sre9981: did you get to record yours last weekend?

sre9981
08-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I did not, I ran into some issues with having a random stuff coming up all weekend. I have some lyrics penned though and should be setting down to get it down after work today.

I hope it turns out well, I can't really sing too great, but hopefully that'll just add character ;)

Jimmy94
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I'll be recording mine next week. I'm going to try to record it as a live combo setting, should be interesting!

sinan90
08-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I know the album is originals only, but is doing a jazz arrangement of a copyright free piece ok? I'm thinking of taking something classical and just using it as a building point atm.

Fongie
08-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I had time to sit down with my guitar yesterday for the first in a long time and tossed something quite nice (I think) together, but it didn't come out enough bluesy I think :P So Ill try to get to the blues one soon :)

RubberSoul54321
08-12-2008, 03:09 PM
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/RubberSoul54321/music/all/play388924

I've re-done Swamp Blues - take 2 in my profile. Submitted for consideration and / or ridicule. :)

I think I must be doing something wrong when I upload. The actual track is about 3.5 minutes long but the upload says about 4.5 (there's about a minute of dead air). Also the uploaded version stops really suddenly but the original recording doesn't. Anybody know anything about this?

GD_GC
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Has anyone heard from neil latley?

Dimebag22
08-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I haven't heard from anyone lately :sad:

GD_GC
08-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah same here, I just haven't even been on at all, I've been way to busy :sad:

Have you been aroudn here latley?

Dimebag22
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Nah, man not at all. Like I've been on UG, just haven't posted in a while.

I'm playing another show, where I'm apart of both of the bands playing. One is my normal band and we're playing all our songs, then the other band goes on and plays their set, then I come on stage with them and jam the blues for a couple songs. It should be awesome! :D I'm pumped.

theclowntree
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
well i'd love to contribute my no babies to eat blues (take 2), it's on my profile if you're willing to add a little comedy to the project :)

theneildeal
08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
sinan - as long as its copyright free, you can do it.

rubbersoul - i like your song but ill let you sort out the uploading on your profile before i post it on the front page of this thread. talk to one of the mods about it

theclowntree - that song is so good! ill put you on the front page

ive been studying even though its the summer to get a head start on my final year project, and ive been in barcelona. But to be honest, once this is done, i probably won't be posting here much. It will be my final year of uni and i can't afford to spend lots of time on here when i should be studying and training for the jujitsu and swimming teams. But if someone takes over the blues album reins after this is finished, that would be great, and ill submit a song or two!

RubberSoul54321
08-14-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks. I uploaded it again and it didn't cut it off this time, it plays OK. The only thing off is the time but it must be just a glitch - the song actually plays for 3.24 minutes and stops properly, it just says it is is 4.31 minutes for some reason - there's no dead air this time. I've PM'd Resiliance about it to see if he has any ideas but in the mean time it works OK.

theneildeal
08-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Nice one. Ill link your song on the front page, but because its only a link to your profile, people will be able to find it

sinan90
08-15-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm going to have to pull out, I haven't got the time toe record it, because my mum needs my help to sort some stuff out and I need to sort out things to do with my personal statement and other ucas related things. :sad:

theneildeal
08-15-2008, 07:35 AM
ah well, good luck with your ucas things

Jimmy94
08-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Ok, I got a new jazz progression written that I'm more happy with. I'm practicing to get my soloing a little more acceptable and I also have to get a melody penned. Shouldn't be much longer I'll make the deadline no problem.

imgooley
08-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Alright, I have been really busy lately, so I don't have any new material or new recording equipment. So, unless I get some new stuff by the 31st, I'll just enter something from my profile.

Fongie
08-21-2008, 03:19 AM
I'm done and sent to neil :golfclap:

theneildeal
08-21-2008, 03:31 PM
nice work max!

strawforest007
08-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Hi all! Anyone up for a collaboration effort on a blues track? I'm looking for a vocalist really. I was thinking of laying down a backing track for someone to sing to then I can add guitar fills etc to the mix and stuff. I already have a theme and some lyrics in mind. PM me if you're interested. I'm open to ideas and changes of course, but a vocalist is what I'm looking for! Cheers!

mlogans91
08-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Hey guys, sorry it took so long, but my contribution is finally ready! I'm not sure if you need this for track info, but just in case, my name is Matt Shustack and the song is called "Finally!" Here you go, enjoy:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/28/2022788/Finally%21.mp3

theneildeal
08-23-2008, 08:32 AM
cheers matt

bluewilliams
08-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, only just noticed this existed, any chance i could make a late contribution some time this week?

theneildeal
08-24-2008, 04:28 PM
as long as you get it in by the deadline

bluewilliams
08-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Thanks!

ManicBluesist
08-26-2008, 05:07 PM
im in, ill write a song just for it...

theneildeal
08-27-2008, 08:40 PM
sure

Like i said in the off topic thread, im going to have to extend the deadline as we're nowhere near done. Because i won't be able to continue with the album after the middle of September, if one of the reg's wants to take over, please do.

strawforest007
08-28-2008, 02:31 PM
The deadline extension seems a good idea. I have a mind to edit/re-record my song to iron out some background static problems and I've got another song in the pipeline, which now fortunately I don't have to rush into recording this weekend!

Hope everyone else's recordings are going well!

Peace.

DinsdalePirahna
08-30-2008, 11:03 AM
A deadline extension is the best thing that could happen. I finished my song for the most part, but i recorded it on my friends Apple, knowing that he was moving to albany. Now he's there, and he isn't going to have any internet for a few more days. Plus he isn't finished mixing the song in any case. So I'm definitly good with a dealine extension of a week or 2.

theneildeal
09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
good to hear

imgooley
09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Gatdammit.

My computer is non functional, so I might have to re record a song to get it on.

strawforest007
09-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Here's my second song for submission. I was going to do a jazz piece but changed my mind, so it's an experimental blues instead called 'In Limbo'.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/strawforest007/music/playlist/play408086

That link should bring up both my submissions for this album.

Peace.

RubberSoul54321
09-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Really like that - very Gilmore. Feel like rollin a big spliff now.

slidething31
09-04-2008, 05:38 PM
^ haha, really.

Good stuff Strawforest.

theneildeal
09-04-2008, 07:09 PM
nice work

pangui
09-05-2008, 06:01 AM
Hi Neil, I'd like to submit a piece on my profile called "Bozzetto Corto", seems to be a favourite with my friends who've heard it, so I'll give this a shot. Thanks :)

slidething31
09-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I'll probably have time to record something this week. Any new deadlines or anything I should know about?

stokeoblet
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey can I still submit a song? Well if I can then I would like to submit "I Luv My 335."

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/stokeoblet/music/all/play307882

I'm not sure when the deadline is so if I can't its cool.

Davis

akack
09-08-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm in, give me a week.

samoo
09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
if you guys are looking for graphics i can have something done, quite quickly? though i like a couple of the potential covers anyways.

and i can have something recorded within the next, week or so?

strawforest007
09-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Good to hear new people getting to this thread!

You'll have to ask Neil for approval I think to get signed-up. Deadline is on 31st September (it's at the beginning (page 1) of this thread) so you should be ok to be signed up. Neil might be busy/away so might not respond too quickly if at all. All I can advise is that you record your songs guys and I'm sure Neil will get you onboard before the deadline. The more the merrier in my opinion! As for the graphics Samoo I think they're all sorted - again you'd be better off asking Neil directly I think.

Anyway, after ramblin', keep up the recording and keep them coming in! Great stuff people and thanks!!

RubberSoul - I'm not a big Gilmour fan but I can't agree more!

Peace.

GD_GC
09-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Man, I leave for like a month, and theres a million new regulars here! That's good I guess

ze monsta
09-11-2008, 06:53 AM
^Where did you go Eric?

RubberSoul54321
09-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Wow, this is shaping up nicely. Mind you, the more people who sign up, the less chance of my effort making it on the record. Ah well.

ze monsta
09-11-2008, 07:01 AM
I still need to record mine...I feel guilty now...

I'll get some lyrics down today (probably taken from the Blues Lyrics thread I guess) or do one of the songs from the blues lyrics thread. If that's alright with the other guys who took part?

theneildeal
09-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Right, ive been busy learning Chinese and working on my Dow Jones dissertation (yeah, im so cool), so i haven't had much time to update this. Cheers to Strawforest for updating everyone yesterday

Pangui - Mi piace bozzetto corto! Sono contento che ci sono molti canzoni di jazz qui. (Basically, great song, and its good that we have lots of jazz entries for the album!) Grazie

Slidething - there will only be new deadlines if the album can't be completed. We can all do something to stop that from happening.... hint hint

Stokeoblet - you can submit a song because its before the deadline. what i don't suggest is making me jealous that you have an es-335 and i don't! haha. I like your song, so ill put you on the shortlist. Cheers

Akack - you can have until the 30th September, just as long as you get a song done. Cheers

Samoo - Im interested in what you could do. I got the photo for the current cover from a photography site, and there may or may not be copyright issues when the album is put onto iTunes. Can you design something, as long as its your own work? And yeah, if you record something, ill put it on the shortlist. Cheers

Gus & Eric - Ha'way lads, get something recorded!!

GD_GC
09-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Shit man, I haven't even been on here in forever. What's the deadline again? I would like to get something recorded.

RounderIII
09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I would try to write a song, but I would be totally lost on how to structure it and I don't have a way to get it on UG. :(

Do you have any idea how much the Album will be sold for?

theneildeal
09-14-2008, 03:59 PM
eric - end of the month

rounder - standard itunes album cost. i don't know if i get to choose the price or whether theres a standard price

Jimmy94
09-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I haven't been around much lately either, I just started a new job and I'm still in temporary housing at a hotel, should be moving into an apt. sometime next week. My track won't be as ambitious as I had previously hoped, I don't have my band mates around anymore. I never had the chance to record it with them because we were rehearsing like mad for a show and I moved away just afterwards.

So it goes! I'll still have something good though.

theneildeal
09-19-2008, 12:27 PM
don't worry about it. it will be good to hear your work

Vagabond21
09-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I kind of forgot about this...

I've got a rough cut of the song on my profile (comments and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated)

I need to fix the vocals and fine tune some other things.

RubberSoul54321
09-23-2008, 07:18 AM
I like it but yeah, the vocals need lifted: I found it really hard to hear the lyrics.

theneildeal
09-23-2008, 08:47 AM
its a good song, but the vocals need to be louder, and the song should be longer. Try a solo a two to pad it out.

strawforest007
09-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Don't know about the rest of you but I'm eagerly awaiting everyone's song entries to flood in soon. That is, if everyone's remembered?!

Peace.

theneildeal
09-24-2008, 06:10 PM
i think that once the blues duels get under way, we'll have lots of songs available for the album. I think that people have signed up and then forgotten about it, but now that the blues duels have a near deadline, people will write a song for both projects.

So this deadline might have to be extended again...

strawforest007
09-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Blues Duels? I've have to search-bar that one. Cheers Neil!

strawforest007
09-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Deadline tomorrow!

Jimmy94
09-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm sorry, but I ended up moving for my new job and I've been in temporary housing at a hotel for the last month and a half. I'm moving in to my new apartment in two weeks, I'll be able to start recording again then.

DinsdalePirahna
09-30-2008, 09:42 PM
OK, my song is finished, and i'll put it in my profile as soon as possible, but i'm having some problems rendering it, so i may not get it together until tommorrow. Also, where do we send the songs once we are done?

theneildeal
10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Ignore the deadline. Because of the blues duels, we can take a few songs from there

RubberSoul54321
10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
So how many completed songs are there now (13 on the first page?)? And how many more are actually expected without going into the blues duels thing?

Jimmy94
10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
ok I got a moving date, october 10th friday, I can crank out a recording just a few days after that!

MrBlues
10-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Ignore the deadline. Because of the blues duels, we can take a few songs from there

well you can take mine on my profile if you like it, i didnt, but others did so if you dig it then you can have it. :)

aetherspear
10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
make sure people have royalty-free backing tracks then. or noncopywritten ones or whatever.

imgooley
10-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Quick question: Is Levee Camp Moan a traditional song, or did Son House write it? Or is it copywritten?

I really like the job I did on mine and was wondering.

Jimmy94
10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
even if son house wrote it, i think it would be public domain by now

ze monsta
10-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Son House wrote it, but as Jim said it's probably public domain.

MrBlues
10-02-2008, 08:23 PM
i think my backing track is copyright, so i may have to record my own backing track...or i could record the stumble

aetherspear
10-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Son House wrote it, but as Jim said it's probably public domain.

I don't think so, people usually recopyright stuff when it expires. I'm not positive about that though.

Jimmy94
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Where is UG's lawyer? We've got our stock market expert with Neil, shark38j is all over accounting, I can handle any process engineering problems, but how come none of you are a lawyer? Really disappointed in all of you

theneildeal
10-03-2008, 10:15 AM
well, if you want my advice, anything that could possibly be under copyright, i.e. "traditional" songs or backing tracks that you downloaded from the internet, shouldn't be used. If you submit a song thats under copyright law, you will face the consequences, not me.

Jimmy94
10-03-2008, 10:42 AM
traditional songs are never under copyright, because no one knows who wrote them.

RubberSoul54321
10-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Does this help?

http://www.pdinfo.com/

DinsdalePirahna
10-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Ok, I finally got my song mixed and everything, and it's on my profile page. Hopefully you like it.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DinsdalePirahna/

GD_GC
10-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Man do any of the old regs still post around here?

Jimmy94
10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Dinsdale Pirahna... that's from monty python, isn't it?

DinsdalePirahna
10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah. I've adopted it as my stage name. I use it as my name in all the recordings i do.

ze monsta
10-10-2008, 01:32 PM

theneildeal
10-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Hey, let me just warn you all that i don't have the internet yet at my house, and i can only use the library computers, meaning that i don't have sound, and consequently can't listen to any of your recordings. So if it looks like ive lost interested, i haven't, i just can't do much with the album at the moment.

Having said that, this delay means that we can pinch some of the blues duels songs, members allowing, so all is not bad.

I should have the internet next week, so bare with me.

stokeoblet
10-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Its cool neil we need to get more songs & intrest for a good ole compitition. ;) The blues duels are keeping me entertained for now even though I'm not in it. Shame on me. :eek: Lol. So in the mean time I'll get to work on a 2nd song. Come on PEOPLE get off your duffs & record something! :p:

DinsdalePirahna
10-27-2008, 01:28 AM
I have my song all finished and everything, it's been done for a while, but where am i supposed to send it? Should i email it to you, or what?

theneildeal
10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
just put it on your profile. that's all you need to do

strawforest007
10-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Do we have enough to go ahead on this Neil? I know you said you were going to wait for the Blues Duels to see if you could add some of them to this, but it looks like that is going to take a fair while to complete...

...and to be honest I'm suprised that this hasn't got the interest or priority over the Blues Duels. It seems the original buzz of doing this is sadly fading away.

We've not heard much from the guys automatically signed up from the first album on this thread. Maybe it's worth giving them a prod?

theneildeal
10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
well, you usually find that the better songs come at the end of the duels, so i wouldn't mind getting some of those songs. Also, my uni workload is building up, so i couldn't do much with this album at the moment anyway.

Jimmy94
10-30-2008, 04:15 PM
you should graduate, it's what I did and I highly recommend it :p:

RubberSoul54321
10-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Droppin' out's more fun tho'

Jimmy94
10-30-2008, 07:00 PM
k diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess

Fongie
10-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Do we have enough to go ahead on this Neil? I know you said you were going to wait for the Blues Duels to see if you could add some of them to this, but it looks like that is going to take a fair while to complete...

...and to be honest I'm suprised that this hasn't got the interest or priority over the Blues Duels. It seems the original buzz of doing this is sadly fading away.

We've not heard much from the guys automatically signed up from the first album on this thread. Maybe it's worth giving them a prod?

This is still the only thread I check regularly, I liked being on the last album and Im sure this will turn out equally good or even better :>

If you need a song badly, feel free to use Trophy on my profile, it's pure bluesiness can be discussed though :)

Looking forward to the finished album. I must say though after the attention the last album got I'd have thought it would be very attracting to get on this one.

theneildeal
11-01-2008, 01:34 PM
cheers. the album is on hold until the blues duels are done, so people have time to get a song on.

jim, im graduating this year, but ill be doing a postgrad next year. Im kind of looking forward to graduating just for the cash, but i love financial economics!

Bluez2move
11-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Well, if U are still considering
songs for the album. I'd like
2 submit this one :) I just
finished it up yesyterday.
along w/a long distance collaborator:cool:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990659

It's languishing :rolleyes: in the
Orginal Song thread, tell
me what U think guy's ? :D

strawforest007
11-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Great stuff Bluez2move! Very good tones and a modern blues feel. Welcome to the album!

Bluez2move
11-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Great stuff Bluez2move! Very good tones and a modern blues feel. Welcome to the album!

Well I'm glad we passed the audition :D

when it's coming out ;)

By the way I guess they aren't
blues lovers over on that thread :rolleyes:
can someone give me a bump
B4 I fall off the screen :D

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=990659

RubberSoul54321
11-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Very impressive, I like that a lot.

Ancient Jello
11-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Totally agree with this comment. Really enjoyed listening to it. http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/bravo/vignette/thumbnails/1036535672_gif.gif

stokeoblet
11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the "Blues Duels" fizzled out completely. But if it dosen't it will go into the year 2009 so wake me up when its over.

ze monsta
11-11-2008, 01:34 PM
what do you guys think of the band impending doom
any opinons
Yeah I love me some brutal death metal. No. Think before you make stupid comments.

*reported*

GD_GC
11-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Well now that I have free time back, I'd definitely be willing to do a song for this. It has to be original right?

strawforest007
11-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes GD_DC. Originals only. Or you could just submit one or two of your pieces from your profile already. Up to you!

GD_GC
11-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Well 2 of those were on the first blues album. I think they still have a spot on here reserved for me, but I just haven't been on here at all latley, so I'm not sure.

Firebread
11-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Are there any spots still open? xD

RubberSoul54321
11-21-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm thinking yes.

strawforest007
11-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Firebread: Yes! Still short of people. The deadline(s) came and went, so the more the merrier! I'm hoping we can all pull this together by early next year. It's certainly do-able. The whole i-tunes charity album idea is fantastic and it's blues so I'm happily in my element here. Can't wait to hear what you can do Firebread, your blues improv is pretty stuff!

Peace.

GD_GC
11-23-2008, 04:44 PM
So is Neil no longer in charge of this?

ze monsta
11-23-2008, 05:17 PM
^Seems so, he hasn't been on in ages. But that's understandable, he's in his last year of university and I expect needs to work pretty hard.

strawforest007
11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Neil is in charge. It's just on hold until he can find the time I think, like ze monsta says; uni work.

Skirvy
11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
The Blues & Jazz album is something that has always interested me. I'll look back now and then, and hopefully i can get something recorded over the coming months.

RubberSoul54321
11-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Seein' as this thing has gone on so long I thought I might submit another for consideration. Here it is.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/RubberSoul54321/music/all/play517519

kdownes
12-09-2008, 07:37 AM
if you're still considering songs, take a look at "Out Of My Head" on my profile

if not, meh, figured i'd try

Skirvy
12-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Getting recording gear fro xmas, so will probably spend boxing day recording! :D

Hopefully i can do something sutable for this :)

stokeoblet
12-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Getting recording gear fro xmas, so will probably spend boxing day recording! :D

Hopefully i can do something sutable for this :)

Cool deal. The more people the better.:rasta:

chea_man
12-26-2008, 06:28 PM
is it too late for me to get involved?

edit/ nevermind. your selling it, so we would have to go through a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo for me to appear on it.

ze monsta
12-26-2008, 06:46 PM
^ They probably won't sell it. :p: And you could do it under a pseudonym surely...No one has to know. :rolleyes:

Unless it breaches a contract. Then you're ****ed. :p:

strawforest007
12-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi cheaman, as stokeoblet says the more people the better, just go for it!

chea_man
12-26-2008, 07:20 PM
^ They probably won't sell it. :p: And you could do it under a pseudonym surely...No one has to know. :rolleyes:

Unless it breaches a contract. Then you're ****ed. :p:
yeah, it breaches my recording contract haha.

ze monsta
12-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Meh, I wouldn't complain if I were you. :p:

Can you not even record a little instrumental onto your computer or something?

chea_man
12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Meh, I wouldn't complain if I were you. :p:

Can you not even record a little instrumental onto your computer or something?
i cant appear on a record that is for sale unless it is for my record company. but it shouldnt really matter, i will just not use my real name. they wouldnt find out anyway im sure.

ze monsta
12-28-2008, 06:20 PM
It's not being sold for profit after all, does that change anything?

strawforest007
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Surely you could enter it anyway and pull out later if you wanted to?

Not a euphemism.

ze monsta
12-28-2008, 06:23 PM

aetherspear
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Surely you could enter it anyway and pull out later if you wanted to?

Not a euphemism.
yeah, everyone always forgets about that option...

strawforest007
12-29-2008, 07:27 AM
On a serious note it would be great for you to do something for this chea_man. I think we're waiting for Neil to get some free time then this will liven up again, so you've got plenty of time to record something new for this or decide whether you want to do it. It's dormant at the moment but it's great that there's always new people taking interest in this. We seem to have a basis of a super follow-up album on our hands. It's just going to take time to get it all together.

Fongie
01-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Cover = no no, if Im not mistaken, since the album will be sold for charity.

stokeoblet
01-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Cover = no no, if Im not mistaken, since the album will be sold for charity.

Yeah only originals. Come on an original blues tune has to be the easiest type of song anybody can come up with. Even if its just a basic I-IV-V. A jazz song on the other hand may take a little noodle power.

Noodlin' ...LOL. :D

TimBFMV
03-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm guesssing its closed for submissions now :haha:

strawforest007
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it's still open Tim. It's just on hold awaiting Neil's return which should be the summer, but might (hopefully) be over Easter.